IGNORED

Bryson Dechambeau Wins Dubai and Social Media Notes His Club Brush Setup

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

It still doesn't explain the values he was saying in the video. ""26" what? It's not kg/m^3 or lb/ft^3. 

I still this it was 26 Bryson's per Chambeau.

If you go to the calculator and put in 31°C (88°F), 75% humidity, 1000hPa (barometric pressure) and altitude of 0 meters the DewPoint Air Temperature is 26
I'm not going to tell you what that means, you'd have to ask the quasi-scientist golfer how he adjusts yardages due to an air density value

• Like 1

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I'm admittedly easy to amuse, but I almost spit out a sip of coffee on this unit.

"DeChambeau's per cubic Bryson?" wasn't bad, but the Bryson's per Chambeau got me. Well played.

Andy - Awful Golfer With Horrible Slice Hoping to find something resembling a correct golf swing in 2019 - Determined not to let my pursuit of better than awful get in the way of enjoying being out on a golf course

WITB:
Ping G400 LST / Orlimar 3W & 4H (circa 2012) / Cobra King F7 One Length Irons (5 - GW) / Top Flite Wedges 52* 56* 60* / Orlimar Putter

My Swing Page

• 2 weeks later...

Bryson is the annoying teachers pet who is right enough to do better than you in class, but you know that he spends every Friday night organizing his sock drawer.   My main hope for him is that he is so engrossed in his stats that he steps on a rake and it whacks him in the face.....

• Thumbs Up 1

—Adam

8 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

Bryson is the annoying teachers pet who is right enough to do better than you in class, but you know that he spends every Friday night organizing his sock drawer.   My main hope for him is that he is so engrossed in his stats that he steps on a rake and it whacks him in the face.....

Lol!  

808F3BBB-F2B9-4B7C-A778-2DCAA1FE6C24.gif

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

It’s really just more of a type of OCD for Bryson. Thinking he’s making an adjustment for air density is comical at best. But as long as it doesn’t hold up other players then he can have his little fun with it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Maybe all his overthinking is actually more beneficial to him then the actual data in that it offers a distraction from the emotional side of the game. The more he can focus on the air density the less time he has to think things like 

Im down by 1 with 3 holes left and I cant hit a fairway and Taco Bell for breakfast and white pants were not a good mix on the final day😕

Edited by iacas
removed unneeded whitespace

Golf is the cruelest game, because eventually it will drag you out in front of the whole school, take your lunch money and slap you around. ~Rick Reilly, "Master Strokes," Sports Illustrated

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:46 AM, ChetlovesMer said:

I was chit chatting yesterday with a bunch of golfers. I was surprised to hear that a lot of guys don't like Bryson Dechambeau. I don't have anything against the guy. hmm... maybe its the hat?

Maybe they just don't understand physics, so they wouldn't have anything to talk to him about. Like him or not, he's got a great game and a unique approach to it.

:cobra: F6 Driver 9.5 - F6 3 Wood 16.5 -  Fly Z 2-3 Hybrid 19.0
 :cobra: Oversize Forged Irons  4-SW - V Grind Wedges 52* - 60*
 :wilsonstaff: Tour Special ll Forged Blade putter

I’m confused at what calculations need to be done on the golf course.  I can understand getting a base line for atmospheric conditions for example I know I can hit my 7 Iron x yards in calm wind at course A and y yards in calm wind at course B.   But they don’t have access to other inputs needed to change those calculations mid round.    Looks to me like you could just jot down a chart with 13 rows and as many columns as you have shot types and just reference how far you hit each club.  Or do like everyone else and just remember it...  

9 hours ago, Jrryan97 said:

I’m confused at what calculations need to be done on the golf course.  I can understand getting a base line for atmospheric conditions for example I know I can hit my 7 Iron x yards in calm wind at course A and y yards in calm wind at course B.   But they don’t have access to other inputs needed to change those calculations mid round.    Looks to me like you could just jot down a chart with 13 rows and as many columns as you have shot types and just reference how far you hit each club.  Or do like everyone else and just remember it...  

He is OCD. It is obvious. I think he also uses the numbers to calm himself mentally. It is kind of a focus tool. Focusing on numbers relaxes his body.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don't like the guy because he's a very slow player. has no consideration for the golfers hes playing with. The Hat don't help. He's a great ball striker but slow. Slow golf will be the death of golf.

Please don't play a course over your head.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 11:56 AM, boogielicious said:

It still doesn't explain the values he was saying in the video. ""26" what? It's not kg/m^3 or lb/ft^3. 

The units are inches of mercury...

...and yes, that would be extraordinarily low. 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, David in FL said:

The units are inches of mercury...

...and yes, that would be extraordinarily low. 

I don’t think it is. It’s lower - by a lot - than the lowest in recorded history.

Outside tropical storms, hurricanes, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don’t think it is. It’s lower - by a lot - than the lowest in recorded history.

Outside tropical storms, hurricanes, etc.

Sorry, I misunderstood the discussion.

Barometric pressure is measured in inches of mercury or millibars.

His discussion may have been in yards… Both heat and altitude also impact air density

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!