Bucki1968

2019 Phoenix Open

49 posts / 2890 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Wow bad shot followed by bad break for Rickie. If he walks away with 8 it will be amazing. 

Wow so it turned out to be a 7! I wasn’t sure on that ruling when I first heard it. 

Edited by HJJ003

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am confused.  That is absurd.  This game is hard. 

If I read the rules correctly, if a ball at rest moves while on the green it's placed back in its original position. If it moves while off the green, it's played from its new position. (Which is why Ricky lost a stroke for having to take it out of the water again.)  So my question to the rules gurus: What's the rationale for the rule being different depending on whether on the green or not?

Edited by sacm3bill
typo

1 minute ago, sacm3bill said:

If I read the rules correctly, if a ball at rest moves while on the green it's placed back in it's original position.

Only if it's been marked/lifted.

1 minute ago, sacm3bill said:

So my question to the rules gurus: What's the rationale for the rule being different depending on whether on the green or not?

You'd have to ask the USGA/R&A, but I assume that it has to do with the fact that the lie of the ball is "known" on the putting green, but couldn't reliably be re-created off the putting green (particularly since the ball apparently moved pretty easily).

I can't understand why I keep rooting for Sunday Rickie, but I can't help myself. I wait all day for the inevitable disaster, then when it happens I feel bad for him. Oh well, here we go again, LOL. Lets see if he can snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat!

Edited by GrandStranded

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

Only if it's been marked/lifted.

Ah, that's right. The rule makes sense then - if your ball is in a precarious position, better hurry up and mark it if on the green, or hit it if not (since you can't mark off the green).

8 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

I can't understand why I keep rooting for Sunday Rickie, but I can't help myself. I wait all day for the inevitable disaster, then when it happens I feel bad for him. Oh well, here we go again, LOL. Lets see if he can snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat!

Much better attitude than Sergio!   He is showing character with this meltdown. 

22 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Much better attitude than Sergio!   He is showing character with this meltdown. 

I agree 100% his attitude is way better then Sergio's. That said, my two favorite golfers are Sergio and Poulter. (I know, I know, LOL). I'm thinking the fire those guys have inside them might be the one thing Fowler is lacking.

Edited by GrandStranded

You can get an idea of each tournament's distinct flavor by searching for its hashtag or name on social media. Most tournaments, you get golf action, or something related to golf. For this tournament, on Instagram, most hits are not yielding golf, but like a sorority fraternity look at me drink fest get together. Which we all know it is, but man, it is so babe and dudebook. Get off my lawn!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.