IGNORED

Egg on a Pizza

iacas
Note: This thread is 1815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

So, we put eggs (over easy) on burgers with cheese and bacon… Why not on a pizza? Whether hard-boiled (the yolk, mostly?) or softer and possibly runny like the burger… why not? Anyone ever tried it? Or maybe it's done, but just not very often?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Whether hard-boiled (the yolk, mostly?) or softer and possibly runny like the burger… why not? Anyone ever tried it? Or maybe it's done, but just not very often?

I have not tried it, but I have seen it on a cooking video before. 

I think it would be delicious. I would go with an over-easy egg. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Of course, as I look on YouTube, I've forgotten "breakfast pizza," but I was specifically NOT talking about that. I was talking about regular "dinner" style pizza.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Never. Shameful. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I travel a lot for work and have had this somewhere and loved it. I can’t remember if it was in Cleveland or Minneapolis.  I just remember it was cold and the pizza hit the spot.  It had a white sauce not red sauce.  

I would put egg yoke on pretty much anything though.  

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

I have not tried it, but there is a place in Laughlin NV, that will make a pizza with scrambled eggs, sausage, and/or ham, cheese, onions, and pizza sauce.

I saw it on the menue while ordering a Taco Pizza......made with fish.

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

8 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Never. Shameful. 

^^^^  This  ^^^^

What is this world coming to?!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, David in FL said:

^^^^  This  ^^^^

What is this world coming to?!

Says the chipper guy.

Around the Detroit area there is a place that makes breakfast pizza.   It is fantastic.  It is a regular pizza with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and sausage.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

58 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

It is a regular pizza with scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese and sausage.   

That actually sounds pretty good, I might have to try it sometime.  :beer:
One probably needs a cold barley pop to wash it down the hatch...

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I'd try it. I will try just about anything. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I've tried it and wasn't a fan. If combined with bacon or something it probably works, but I don't want my pizzas to taste of egg. If I want egg and bacon I make egg and bacon and put it on some homemade sourdough bread.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I've had it. Don't remember the exact recipe, but it had carmelized onions on it and ricotta I believe, no tomato sauce. It was good.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I first encountered egg on a pizza in Italy, I think in Rome, probably 15-20 years ago although I guess they've probably been doing it for decades or centuries. Thought it was weird at first, but tasted good and wondered why haven't I seen it more in the US. Will occasionally put an egg on a pizza I make myself.

This doesn't look pretty, but tastes good, at least I thought so. I cook my pizzas for 7 minutes at 550 (that's the highest my oven will go), but that's not enough to cook the egg, so I turn off the oven and leave the pizza in for a couple of minutes.

Oh, and if it's not on YouTube - IT DOESN'T EXIST! 😜

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

This is an approximation of what the pizza w/egg I had in Italy looked like, Instagram of course did not exist, nor was taking photos of your food a thing, I wish I had taken a photo of it, it was much prettier than this (there was expensive fish and greens and prosciutto), it was a shame to eat it. Off topic, but I love pizza and tried as many different places as I could in Italy, they make good pizza there, probably gained a few pounds, lol. Some of the pizza trends (some already out of fashion or never took off) that eventually started in the US, I saw in Italy well before they started here.

eggpizza.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

This is an approximation of what the pizza w/egg I had in Italy looked like, Instagram of course did not exist, nor was taking photos of your food a thing, I wish I had taken a photo of it, it was much prettier than this (there was expensive fish and greens and prosciutto), it was a shame to eat it. Off topic, but I love pizza and tried as many different places as I could in Italy, they make good pizza there, probably gained a few pounds, lol. Some of the pizza trends (some already out of fashion or never took off) that eventually started in the US, I saw in Italy well before they started here.

Slightly off topic but if you remember any of the names of the pizza places you went to I'd love to hear them. The wife and I will be spending 3 nights in Rome and 3 nights in Naples in September and would love pizza recommendations.

I've only had egg on breakfast pizza and I liked it. I'd definitely be willing to try it on regular pizza too though, it sounds good.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

My wife makes a good breakfast pizza. But on a regular pizza.....uh......no.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

53 minutes ago, klineka said:

Slightly off topic but if you remember any of the names of the pizza places you went to I'd love to hear them. The wife and I will be spending 3 nights in Rome and 3 nights in Naples in September and would love pizza recommendations.

I've only had egg on breakfast pizza and I liked it. I'd definitely be willing to try it on regular pizza too though, it sounds good.

Oy, sorry, it was so long ago, and I never kept a journal, but was staying around Campo de' Fiori in Rome, great food marketplace, and I had a fair number of pizzas walking distance from there.

Steve

Note: This thread is 1815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!