IGNORED

Golf Channel Morning Drive

iacas
Note: This thread is 2970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Morning Drive?

• Love It
    • Hate It
    • Don't/Won't Watch

It's just not that enjoyable. Watching Kuselias flirt with the girl from CNBC was just painful to watch, and he really just doesn't know golf that well. Mike and Mike gets my view.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 months later...

If they would just get rid of EK this would be a pretty good show. I actually think Williams is pretty funny and they do get good guests. And then there is Holly Sonders.

Ross (aka cubdog)

Originally Posted by cubdog

If they would just get rid of EK this would be a pretty good show.

Picture 1.png

How could you not love this face? I would buy like nine used cars from this guy no matter how much my wife told me we absolutely cannot afford them. My kids don't need to go to college, and darn it, this guy just seems like a straight shooter.

PS- I think I need to photoshop a "COOL STORY BRO" onto this photo sometime soon.

Constantine

I turn on Morning Drive just about every morning while I'm getting ready for work.  I definitely enjoy it - especially Gary.  There are some things I am confused by, though.  For one thing, who does EK's make-up?  The guy looks totally ridiculous.  Another thing - who makes Holly's shirts?  It's supposed to look like a business shirt or something but, trust me, there are not really shirts like that out here in the real world.  I think those must be tailored while she's actually wearing them.  Kind of transparent, if you ask me.  All she needs now is a pair of Hooter's shorts and a cocktail tray.

Also - I find it annoying that EK starts out every show with "Yeah [name of day]" . .that is stupid.

Originally Posted by AmazingWhacker

Also - I find it annoying that EK starts out every show with "Yeah [name of day]" . .that is stupid.

yes very dumb and annoying seems like he thinks that is a good catch phrase. I still enjoy the 30 minutes I get to actually watch before work.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

The show is not my cup of tee (haha).

Why can't they show the early tee times on Thursday and Friday at PGA Tournaments?  75%+ of the low rounds are usually shot in the morning when the course is soft.  Or at least tape it and play it later on that night would be great.

They need to do something to make Big Break more interesting.  Same crap, just different people.  I looked up the contestants for Big Break Ireland.  1 of the 12 is from Ireland (but now lives in New Orleans).  I thought they would have gotten a majority of contestants from Ireland and the UK.  I will say the 6 women are not bad looking at all.  Robbie Biershenk's , from BB Indian Wells, girlfriend is on the show.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

At first I said, well, any kind of programming has to be better than infomercials and Golf Central re-runs.

Then I heard Erik Kuselias was doing the show.

Bring back the informercials and Golf Central re-runs, please.

No kidding.. Does Erik even know the difference between a driver and putter?  The jury is still out on Gary, but he's seems to always let Erik run the show.. As for Hollie, OK she's good eye candy, but clueless to golf..  The morning drive just doesn't strike me as a good morning show promoting the golf industry and profession golf as a whole.. I seldom watch it because of the biased agendas..

Idk why Erik is on this show, he's just not really a golf guy.  But i'm not going to throw him under the bus because his old show on ESPN radio was great.

What's in my bag?
Driver- Taylormade TP Burner 2.0 5 wood- Launcher (4-GW)- Jpx Pro 800 SW- X Forged LW- 588 X Wedge- Tp-Z Putter- Unitized Tiempo

"Hard work beats talent"-Tim Tebow

I enjoy this show on Monday's when they re-cap everything.  Also Thursday aren't bad either.  It's better than it was several months ago.

Holly played golf at Michigan St and won a Big Ten title, she knows golf.  Her shirt's are sometimes snug...

Erik is total doucher from Connecticut, seems like a lovable prick.  He does have the sportscasters "golden pipes" however...enjoyed him at ESPN.

Gary seems like golf dweeb, nice enough guy, would trust him with your daughter.  The cardigan he was wearing makes him look like his about 70 when he's like 37 years old.

I have a morning routine, and it includes Morning Drive.  After I get ready for work I'll get the newspaper, turn on the TV, and listen to talk about golf.  Hey, it's GOLF, not bad news about the economy or who's bombing who.  I get that stuff from the newspaper.  Gary, though... blathering on about when he shot 70 at what course in the rain gets tiring.  Does he really think that we care that he once saw an albatross holed by a friend at Pinehurst #2?  I'll watch Holly any day, though.

I sometimes have it on just for background noise. Like someone else said, at least it's golf related. Better than nothing.

Although it astounds me that these guys get every morning and Feherty, who is actually interesting and funny and has great guests, only gets 30 mins per week.

Driver:  9088UL 10.5* draw, regular flex

Woods:  Speedline Fast10 3 & 5

Hybrids:  A7OS 4 & 5

Irons:  A7OS 6h, 7h, 8, 9, PW

Wedges:  Tom Watson Classics 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: :ping: Craz-E G2i

Ball: :titleist: DT SoLo, :tmade: Burner

• 2 months later...

These guys are seriously horrible. You can tell they know nothing about golf except what they have learned the past few months. They would obviously rather be talking about football, baseball, baseball, NASCAR, anything with more testosterone.

Do I watch ? Yes, but only because it is a slight dose of golf compared to the endless string of crappy infomercials that are usually on. The show is not a bad idea... these are just obviously the wrong guys for the gig.

I think most of the banter sucks, particularly all of the football, baseball, basketball... I mean if I wanted any of that crap I would watch or listen to some other sports show. BUT I LIKE GOLF!!! For Gods sake give me someone who knows and cares about golf and stop ramming these guys down our throats.

I don't know who Mike and Mike are, but if I did I sure wish they would hire these guys and get them way far away form anything related to the golf channel. And please take that Sonders chick with them... nice to look at but....

Get your crap together Golf Channel. Give those of us who like the game, the history, the competition something to watch and not this shovel of crap. There have to be literally of hundreds of better choices out there for hosts, format, sidekicks with big boobs who actually know golf... whatever.

I'm still watching, right this second in fact, because it is the only thing on... and they are freak'n talking about football again. Yeah.

• 2 months later...

I like controversy, I like opinions, even obnoxious ones, and I like to see different golf personalities -- so I don't mind viewing the show.

And Holly is eye candy.

As to Tiger, I don't think they overdo him. I mean, he is the most dominant personality on the tour who doesn't play. Everyone is also anticipating his comeback. So, of course, he is news. But they allocate plenty of time to other issues and players.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

I really do not get the golf channel.  Golf  has sooo many aspects to it ---> courses in north america and around the world, instruction, the "tours," PGA professionals trying to "make it," equipment, the state of the game and the economy, the business of golf brand manufactureres, the history of those manufactueres, the history of old players and their stories.....etc etc etc etc etc.

How can a channel like golf channel lack programming when the game golf has all of these wonderful stories that can be told?

A 60 minutes or discovery channel "type" of story telling would be an amazing format / production for the golf channel.

These types of shows that you mentioned I would watch! I don't watch much of the golf channel now as most of it is very boring.

Originally Posted by Jeremy Hammer

I sometimes have it on just for background noise. Like someone else said, at least it's golf related. Better than nothing.

Although it astounds me that these guys get every morning and Feherty, who is actually interesting and funny and has great guests, only gets 30 mins per week.

I can't stand Feherty, especially during a tournament.

Holly is hot, but her fake fingernails and eyelashes are a bit over the top...  The other two guys have some interesting commentary on occasion, but usually it's just a nice golf distraction on Monday (tournament review day) and Wednesday (tournament speculation day.)

I'm sure there are other personalities that would be more interesting, but I have no confidence that the golf channel could identify them.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

Note: This thread is 2970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!