IGNORED

How many different courses do you play?

David in FL
Note: This thread is 3844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@inthehole started a thread asking for opinions on the "quality" of a handicap the result of playing the majority of your golf at a single course vs. that of someone who plays a lot of different courses.  It's a great question to debate, and I don't want to take it OT, so I thought I'd ask this question here.....

This past year/season, how many rounds have you played total, and how many different courses have you played?

So far I've played 98 rounds of golf in 2013.  I've played at 22 different courses.  Looking at the most recent 20 rounds that make up my index, I've played on 8 different courses during that period.

How about you?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've played 16 different courses this year though 80-90 rounds. My regular circuit is 5 courses, 3 more than the other 2. Mostly due to work schedule and being in a small out of the way suburb. Sunday is my only day to get out of the area.

Dave :-)

I've played somewhere around 35-40 rounds this year on 5 different courses. At least 30 of those rounds were on my "home course" which is just a little par 64 executive. I know my course like the back of my hand so I score significantly better there than elsewhere. I'll have to expand my horizons eventually as I don't want to be a player that can't play up to my cap on foreign courses but for now this place gives me a close, convenient place to work on my swing.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

33 total rounds this year for me at 17 different courses.  The most I've played at one course, my "home" course, is 5 times.  I've also played my father-in-laws club 5 times this year.  One other course I've played 3 times, and the rest twice or once.

I have played around 45-50 rounds this year (2013) on at least 10 courses (plus a par 3).  My current handicap is based on 5 different courses. Now that my 3 main courses are closed, I will likely add a few more different courses.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Ive played 38 rounds this year with only two being "away" games.

I got my, then, lowest ever score of 100 at the Gog Magog golf course and the other was at Menzies where I was playing in a match play comp and my partner and I came roaring back in to contention after being 4 down with 5 to go to square the game up.

Otherwise I just play at my home course. I wasnt aware of the away matches the club plays in most weekends I think Ill be taking up more opportunities in 2014 to play other courses in the local area. Our club is also part of a golfing network that has reciprocating playing with heaps of other clubs in the country so Ill try and take advantage of those next year too :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

28 Rounds that counted towards handicap, 23 at home course, 5 away.  I also played in 4 scrambles, 1 at home course and 3 away.

Joe Paradiso

Counting only those rounds that I posted scores for, I played my home course 23 times (79% of my rounds), a local muni twice (7%), and 4 other courses 1 time each (3% each).  Only one of those had I never played before.  Total of 29 posted scores.

But I usually play more away courses.  Last year I played 28 at my home course (56%), 7 at a local muni (14%), 3 at each of two other local munis (6% each), and played 9 courses only once (2% each), all of which were new to me.  Total of 50 posted scores.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I've lost count of total rounds it seems, but I've averaged 2 or 3 a week easily.  Three courses, with the vast majority being on my local course a couple of blocks from home.  I too feel like I should branch out more, but when it comes right down to it, my local course makes me pretty happy, and is much closer (and cheaper) than any alternatives.  Maybe next year I'll become more of a wanderer.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

I have 30 posted 18 hole scores, but I also played at least ten 9 hole games with my wife and other couples on the weekend, and another 10 or so times in the winter, where I don't post a score.

Out of the 50 times I've golfed, 35 have been at my two favorite courses.

The other 15 times would be:

- 7x at resort courses while on vacation

- 8x on municipal courses in close proximity to my home

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I play most of my golf on 1 course each year.  I've played 93 rounds so far this year on 6 different courses.   I've probably played 10 away rounds this year.   My home course also changes every so often....I've had annual memberships at 4 different courses over the past 12 years.   I changed home courses in 2013 and it kicked my butt!  LOL....I'm starting to play it better now...it only took me a year!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

16 in year 2011

17 in year 2012

12 this year.

Whenever I get tired of my home course (or during aeration), I venture out.  I also take my golf back on vacation and play wherever I go.   Actually, it's a golf vacation and I squeeze in other activities.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I went over my golf log & the results really surprised me.    I have 96 rounds in to date this year on 41 different courses !!     I really had no idea I played that many different courses until I counted them up ...

• Upvote 1

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I went over my golf log & the results really surprised me.    I have 96 rounds in to date this year on 41 different courses !!     I really had no idea I played that many different courses until I counted them up ...

I had many years where my playing habits were the same..... There was a core group of courses that got the most play....but then I made the rounds other weeks.   I have fond memories of those years....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

What were you doing to play in 41 different courses? :hmm:

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

52 different courses played this year. I travel a lot due to work and usually get to play a round or two. :-)

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 3844 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!