IGNORED

Which balls have you used and not liked?

9wood
Note: This thread is 3137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well ... I am sure I am in the minority, but I give away all the Pro V1s I find ... I just prefer a softer ball ... plus I tend to be cheap on certain items, and I hate losing a $4 ball.

So for my playing level, I do not like Pro V1's ... there I said it.

Same here. I was never a huge fan of the Pro V's because they were the only balls where I consistently saw well struck wedge shots spin 15-20 feet backwards off the green. Then I got hooked up to a launch monitor for my driver and The Pro V1 underperformed for my swing speed as well. Relative to a few other balls that I tested, I imparted way too much spin on the Pro V1 and lost a signifance amount of distance and accuracy as a result. The Pro V1-x was better, but not enough to justify $46/dozen.

Any Pro V1's I come across or receive as gifts I now give away or trade away to my golfing buddies.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For my game it is the Prov1 and similar tour balls.  I am nowhere near a tour player, so any sidespin I put on the driver with tour balls usually gets me in trouble.  My approach shots also stop on a dime, but since I am usually somewhat short I want 5 -10 feet of rollout.  They make some great tour balls for the accomplished player but they are a detriment to my game and skill level.

I bought 3 boxes of yellow Slazenger RAW Distance balls. I was not impressed at all. The distance was lacking and the sound of the driver was God awful. I hit 9 of them off from an elevated tee box and drove right on by them all. I think that is the same time I tee'd off a nice looking ProV1 that I found a hole earlier. I blew the cover off the damn thing. Ticked off with steam coming out of my ears

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I bought 3 boxes of yellow Slazenger RAW Distance balls. I was not impressed at all. The distance was lacking and the sound of the driver was God awful. I hit 9 of them off from an elevated tee box and drove right on by them all. I think that is the same time I tee'd off a nice looking ProV1 that I found a hole earlier. I blew the cover off the damn thing. Ticked off with steam coming out of my ears

Lying 19? Kidding.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Bridgestone E6s, Wilson Duo... Pretty much anything with Wilson on it. DT solos, Callaway warriors, TM burners and some others that I can't remember the model numbers. All cheaper balls like Intech or maxfli.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Bridgestone E6s, Wilson Duo... Pretty much anything with Wilson on it. DT solos, Callaway warriors, TM burners and some others that I can't remember the model numbers. All cheaper balls like Intech or maxfli.

I had an old onion bag ($22 for 96 balls at Golfsmith) maxfli ball break in half off the tee yesterday, and needed to look up the rules to satisfy my kids that I do not incur a stroke penalty off the tee (Rule 5-3, Rule 20-5 (same tee position)).

It was a funny flight. One half went OB left and the other down the fairway.

After that it was back to my Pro-V1x

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I had an old onion bag ($22 for 96 balls at Golfsmith) maxfli ball break in half off the tee yesterday, and needed to look up the rules to satisfy my kids that I do not incur a stroke penalty off the tee (Rule 5-3, Rule 20-5 (same tee position)).

Your own kids were trying to stick you with a penalty on that? I'd disown em.

• Upvote 2

Lying 19? Kidding.

The way I played back then, it was possible. lol [quote name="mcanadiens" url="/t/82748/which-balls-have-you-used-and-not-liked#post_1159292"] Your own kids were trying to stick you with a penalty on that? I'd disown em. [/quote] I know some people that would be walking home.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcanadiens

I know some people that would be walking home.

I needed to look it up for my own edification too. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Snake Eyes, Pinnacle, Top Flight, Wilson I hate those brands maybe because i never bought them new and the only ones i use are ones i found but defiantly always feel and sound funny. I have been pretty much exclusively using ProV1x for the last year or so just for the fact that they go longer and work better while chipping. I don't buy them new though I used to get them from this golf ball shop a few blocks from my house that sells only reused balls, he's a diver, but the quality is meh you can see where he touches them up with white out. I started getting them from this site online like 6 months ago and they are like brand new $20 for a dozen of 2014's, you can't beat that, plus $6 flat rate shipping and the site regularly does 20% off discounts., they got a lot of great deals, I can't remember the last time I bought new balls.

So what's the penalty on an exploding golf ball according to your kids?

I might like some more than the others, but IMO hard to 'dislike' and modern 3 or 4 (or more..) layer balls.

I am not sure if in the majority but anybody who has been playing golf for a few years with regularity would find it hard to like hard balls.

Vishal S.

I used to really like the Pinnacle Exception ball. Solid two piece, with a solid feel on impact. Tried the latest Pinnacle and do not like it.

Wish they still made the Titleist DT Wound 90. Still the best. Hard to play anything other than Titleist.

• Upvote 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

So what's the penalty on an exploding golf ball according to your kids?

None of us were sure, actually. That's why I brought up the USGA Rules app. I found most of the crazy stuff that happened to us yesterday, except for one, which I got an answer a few minutes ago.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

How about spinning the positive, for golf balls I do like?

Mid-Priced Urethane - RBZ U, Project(a), HX Chrome for moist greens.

When it's dry, Upper Priced Urethane- Callaway SR1 or 2, ProV1x, Snell Golf

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

How about spinning the positive, for golf balls I do like?

Because there already exists a thread for balls that various people prefer. Secondly, by getting the thoughts of individuals on which brand of balls they tried and don't like, we can at the same time get an idea of which balls are preferred when they don't make the list of disliked balls.

Hate: Slazinger, Pinnacle, Maxfli - Rocks! All of them! Rocks! I bought these when I first started because they were cheap. I gave them to a friend of mine who can't hit the ball well anyway so it doesn't matter.

Not fond of: Bridgestone... I don't like the feel on the putting green.

Love my Callaway Hex Chromes.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I know a number of people have posted Slazenger, but I keep remembering the epic scene in Goldfinger. Of course that was in 1964, 51 years ago.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Note: This thread is 3137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!