iacas

2019 ANWA - Augusta National Women's Amateur

79 posts / 4224 viewsLast Reply

Golf Channel cover started at 10, CBS at noon - but GC is not showing much golf, yet

I'd love to know what the green speed is today vs. next week.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Opening ceremony today and ceremonial first shots
(I think the whole thing took about the same amount of time as JB Holmes to play a shot)

Awful coverage with GC. They apparently think we’d rather watch the commentators talk than watch the women play. Dopes. It’s ironically maddening that they’re talking so much about this being so good for women’s golf yet they’re not letting us watch it. I don’t need to watch Rich Lerner slobber over Augusta. Run your ball washer all you want but we don’t need to watch it. Get the cameras on the golf FFS!!

Edited by Vinsk

24 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Awful coverage with GC. They apparently think we’d rather watch the commentators talk than watch the women play. Dopes.

It’s unbearable, I’ve turned it off. 

7 minutes ago, vonbonds said:

It’s unbearable, I’ve turned it off. 

Yep. Just took a break and came back..they were showing Chamblee talking again ...it’s amazing how stupid they are. They think this is promoting this event? How can these morons think we want to watch the booth talk about the tournament. I’m done with it. Looks like this attempt to promote women’s golf has fallen flat. 

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yep. Just took a break and came back..they were showing Chamblee talking again ...it’s amazing how stupid they are. They think this is promoting this event? How can these morons think we want to watch the booth talk about the tournament. I’m done with it. Looks like this attempt to promote women’s golf has fallen flat. 

Official coverage doesn't start for 20min on NBC.  Golf Channel just does their pre-game look in and random stuff.  I'm sure NBC will BS for 30min before they actually show golf, but really, who's surprised by any of this?

I can’t watch golf (or any sport I guess besides hockey) without my DVR. There are so many commercials almost everything is unwatchable these days. 

I wonder how many players @iacas has in this tournament. The ONLY thing I don’t like is that it is during a women’s major.

I think women’s majors need help. IMHO. I think Augusta should have taken one of the women’s majors and made it the masters. It would be great for LPGA. They would then have 3 majors same as the men.

But I get that Augusta has always tried to help and be good to the amateur game.

So only complaint: why is this during a Women’s Major?

3 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

I think Augusta should have taken one of the women’s majors and made it the masters. It would be great for LPGA. 

I don’t think it would. But I won’t comment why I believe this. It has nothing to do with sexism. 

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I don’t think it would. But I won’t comment why I believe this. It has nothing to do with sexism. 

Fair enough, but what do you think of the main point of my post- the ANWA taking place during a Women’s Major?

34 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Fair enough, but what do you think of the main point of my post- the ANWA taking place during a Women’s Major?

Mike Whan’s comments: 

Just tuning in...looks like a two horse race at this point. Thought Campos would make it interesting but apparently not. 

2 hours ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Yeah that’s a bit of a conundrum. I’m having more interest in the Amateur match but only because it’s Augusta. It seems a bit of an attempt to promote women’s golf in general but I’m sure the LPGA would like those extra viewers as well but they’d catch hell to complain about it so....

I like seeing some of the different camera angles, seeing some holes from a perspective I've not seen before.

But it's still so weird seeing the ladies play this course