IGNORED

2019 British Open Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 1733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

If you are worried about spoilers you need to avoid message boards, twitter, news sites.....yeah just the internet in general

but hey Rory isn't in last place - that's now Duval, but I wasn't watching, how in the heck did he do that?

Spoiler

Made 15 on #7 according to Faldo

:titleist:

:tmade:

9 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:
  Hide contents

Made 15 on #7 according to Faldo

The leaderboard has him making a 13. Maybe Faldo double counted a penalty or two? Or the people running the leaderboard miscounted. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, jamo said:

The leaderboard has him making a 13. Maybe Faldo double counted a penalty or two? Or the people running the leaderboard miscounted. 

Yeah I'm watching on my phone at work. They were covering someone else and Faldo was like "I've got someone in my ear telling me duval just made a 15 on 7".

:titleist:

:tmade:

4 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

Yeah I'm watching on my phone at work. They were covering someone else and Faldo was like "I've got someone in my ear telling me duval just made a 15 on 7".

theopen.com's blog is saying the same thing.

Edited by mcanadiens

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Be careful about those spoiler reports for people on the West coast.

Be careful about those spoiler reports for people on the West coast.

No. Not gonna happen. It’s on you to avoid the topic.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Rory simply cannot play under pressure. He’s done, completely lost it. So no more Rory being a favorite to win. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Shame for Rory on the first hole.  An 8 is not the way to start!

He still has a chance if he can get to +1 or even +2 for his first round - but it's uphill now.

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Rory simply cannot play under pressure. He’s done, completely lost it. So no more Rory being a favorite to win. 

You're kidding, right?  Can't play under pressure???

He's won 4 majors.

Nothing like waking up and finding out one of your premier "Fantasy Players" starts off with a Snowman … :cry:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

17 hours ago, CharlieB said:

I’m going to pick Rose for the win. He is a machine with the driver, plus his iron play is really good.

I don't think driver is such an important club around Port Rush.

There will be lots of 3w and irons from the tee.  Just finding the fairway in good position is the key. The rough looks horrible.  

3 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Looks like Rory just birdied No.9 to get back to +3.

Let's not plan his funeral just yet.

Yep - if he can go -2 for the back 9 he's in business, but that is a big ask on the back 9.

Looks like the wind is picking up for the late starters.  I'd say -4 could lead after day 1.

Saw something that says that Duval's blow up on 7 was related to playing the wrong ball. 

They got him at a 13 for No. 7 now and +14 on the day.

1 hour ago, Jay28 said:

Shame for Rory on the first hole.  An 8 is not the way to start!

He still has a chance if he can get to +1 or even +2 for his first round - but it's uphill now.

You're kidding, right?  Can't play under pressure???

He's won 4 majors.

Yes you’re correct. And that’s over. He was a great flash in the pan though. Total flop in Major’s pressure.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Someone needs to get Koepka a different pair of shoes!  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

9 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yes you’re correct. And that’s over. He was a great flash in the pan though. Total flop in Major’s pressure.

He's already won 2 tournaments this year including The Players 

So he's still winning and has won 4 majors.

Flash in the pan, lol.

I think you're a little over excited about the Masters collapse.

Edited by Jay28
  • Like 1

Man, I'd love to see Jordan grab his first win in two (!) years. Honestly though, The Open is my favorite to watch. So different than all other tournaments we see during the year. Here's to sitting on the couch and enjoying the next four days of golf.

Note: This thread is 1733 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!