IGNORED

Favorite Grips?

Note: This thread is 1690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

MCC Plus 4 for me

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

58 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Those look slippery.  Do you have sweaty hands and/or play in humidity?  I can't even play without a rain glove and full cords, and even then I gotta towel everything and hope for the best.

There's a pretty fine texture that doesn't show well in the photos I've seen.  In addition, the material they use starts out pretty tacky, and remains that way.  I play in Virginia in the summer, so its pretty humid, and use a standard golf glove most of the time.  I've played these in Ireland and Scotland in steady rain, and they're still pretty good when I wear rain gloves.  My current grips are over 2 years old, and are still plenty tacky.  I've used GP Tour Velvet, Tour velvet full cord, New Decade, and Pure DTX, and none of them are as good, for me, as the Iomic.  The Pure grips are the closest, and again I think its the material that makes a difference with them.

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I use the golf pride multi-compound on my irons and rescues, Tour velvet on my driver and 3wood. Its not out of brand loyalty or anything. Just laziness. I dont feel like shopping for something else. I know that set up works and i like it..

Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize for all my clubs minus putter.

Longest lasting grips I've ever purchased.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

3 hours ago, klineka said:

MCC Plus 4 for me

+1 to that for me.  I liked them on my wedges but was afraid to invest on doing the set.  The Nike VPC irons I got from Global Glof had brand new ones on there so I was psyched to try them.

love them, will do my clubs with them forever.

• Administrator
On 7/14/2019 at 4:41 PM, leftybutnotPM said:

And... Tour Velvet grips are by far the most popular grips used on tour. That must mean something, when they can have whatever they want for free.

They’re paid to play them too. So no it’s not unbiased.

I play nothing but PURE Grips.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize for all my clubs minus putter.

Longest lasting grips I've ever purchased.

Time for you to purchase some PUREs. They'll outlast anything.

Colin P.

20 hours ago, iacas said:

They’re paid to play them too. So no it’s not unbiased.

Sure, but they're paid to use Golf Pride in general and lots prefer Tour Velvet over New Decade MCC, which are a more expensive and more hi tech product.

So what I'm getting at is you have to choose what you like, not what others use. :-)

I use Tour Velvets. I prefer Golf Pride MCC but find the Tour Velvets last longer. The cost doesn’t hurt either. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

23 hours ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I use Tour Velvets. I prefer Golf Pride MCC but find the Tour Velvets last longer. The cost doesn’t hurt either. 

I use Westlys Bleach white  to bring the grips back to tackiness.  It's white wall tire tire cleaner and does a great job.  Makes the MCC last longer.

On 7/14/2019 at 11:51 AM, ncates00 said:

lamkin full cord.  They tear your hands/glove up, but haven't found a better combo for my VERY sweaty hands in TN humidity than those grips and FJ rain grip gloves.

Lamkin CrossCords are the grips I've used for years and years. With FJ WeatherSof gloves. The Lamkins never seem to wear out but I change them each spring anyway.

My old but trusty bag is filled with clubs I built...Integra SoooLong 450 10.5°, Jackaroo II 13* 16* 23*  hybrids, Dynacraft irons and wedges...plus a sweet Tad Moore Peach putter.

Please check out my sports card/memorabilia blog: The Five Tool Collector

Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, Midsize. Changed all my clubs, except putter of course, and really like them. However, I do not play in the rain so I don't know how they react to water. I had been playing with regular size grips but had my hands measured and found I need a midsize, why I didn't do this long ago I'll never know. I also have them double wrap as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 1690 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!