IGNORED

2019 FedExCup Playoffs

iacas
Note: This thread is 1666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 8/12/2019 at 10:32 AM, Wally Fairway said:

On a separate note: is it wrong of me to want to see  BDC/JB Holmes pairing sometime this week and watch the grass grow between shots?

Why would it be wrong?  Neither of those two has a problem waiting for the grass to grow to slow down their next putt just a bit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Even if he ends up playing all four days, I doubt he'll make it to East Lake.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

On 8/14/2019 at 7:23 AM, Zeph said:

Even if he ends up playing all four days, I doubt he'll make it to East Lake.

Seems like that's correct.  He still has too many amateur level shots that crop up in his rounds.  Today was no different. Some really horrible errors. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Jay28 said:

Seems like that's correct.  He still has too many amateur level shots that crop up in his rounds.  Today was no different. Some really horrible errors. 

Trolling again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 8/9/2019 at 5:25 PM, ChrisP said:

Wow, did anyone see Grillo give the middle finger at the ball when he missed? What a jerk. That’s something Sergio would do. Lost all respect for him.

On 8/10/2019 at 1:03 AM, Zippo said:

I saw it and thought it was childishly disgusting. I hope they assess a healthy fine on him.

I know this is a bit late, but....he literally hurt no one, he didn't damage the course, how is this even a thing??

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.

I’m sure everyone already came to this conclusion, but I just realized the format change was driven by FedEx.  They are pumping so many dollars into the FedEx Cup, they don’t want to share the spotlight with anyone else.  Eliminating a Tour Champion and just having a FedEx Cup Champion is the plan.

Last year was a disaster for FedEx.  All the focus that day was on Tiger.  Regardless of the FedEx money, last year was almost a “In other news, Justin Rose...”

John

Yes I know I have no idea what Tiger is thinking, but this is what I’ve mentioned before; leaders are at -7. This is no time to be hitting the ball safely on the green and thinking par is a good plan for tomorrow. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

I know this is a bit late, but....he literally hurt no one, he didn't damage the course, how is this even a thing??

For me, it's not behavior that I expect to see from a "Tour Pro" playing in front of kids and on air broadcast - hence my "childishly disgusting" comment. I also believe that his behavior violates the PGA Code of Ethics Guidelines, specifically:

"Conduct Unbecoming a Professional

Any Participant deemed guilty of conduct unbecoming a professional while

participating in a Section tournament or in activities related thereto (e.g.

practice rounds, hospitality events, etc.) shall be subject to fine, suspension

and/or permanent disbarment from Section tournament play as provided in

this policy. A fine of $100 shall be levied for the first offense."

8 hours ago, Zippo said:

For me, it's not behavior that I expect to see from a "Tour Pro" playing in front of kids and on air broadcast 

For me, seeing a player take 2:20 to hit an 8 foot putt is not behavior that I expect to see from a "Tour Pro" playing in front of kids and on air broadcast.

IMO there are bigger and more important issues with the game right now than worrying about one player giving the ball the middle finger.

Edited by klineka
  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

16 hours ago, colin007 said:

To me, it just proves the guy is another Sergio. Flipping middle fingers and acting like a Baby on the course.

9 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

To me, it just proves the guy is another Sergio. Flipping middle fingers and acting like a Baby on the course.

IDK, I still see a difference between that and causing actual damage to a green and a tee box/ground. 

Colin P.

16 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I give my ball the finger on occasion... hopefully nobody is watching.  The ball deserves it, but it is really my fault.  Sometimes I give myself the finger.

Actually, I'll routinely give the finger to a tough hole that I play well. You know, like f*ck you, I got you!

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Trolling again.

Really?

Watching again today and the same thing is happening.  Gets to -4 and then two really bad errors - approach to 16 and tee shot at 17.  Both shots you'd see regularly at the monthly club medal.  As were the two horrible bunker shots on those holes that were the result of the approaches.

Today should have been a great round for Tiger.  He's played pretty well.  But he's ruined it with the all to common sprinkling or truly awful shots.  

Really don't know why you're so touchy about criticism of Tiger.  He's not at the very top anymore.  Obviously a great career. One of the best of all time, but that time is well and truly over.  I'd actually like to see him get to 18 majors, but that is only going to happen at Augusta.

Edited by Jay28

1 hour ago, Jay28 said:

Really?

Watching again today and the same thing is happening.  Gets to -4 and then two really bad errors - approach to 16 and tee shot at 17.  Both shots you'd see regularly at the monthly club medal.  As were the two horrible bunker shots on those holes that were the result of the approaches.

Today should have been a great round for Tiger.  He's played pretty well.  But he's ruined it with the all to common sprinkling or truly awful shots.  

Really don't know why you're so touchy about criticism of Tiger.  He's not at the very top anymore.  Obviously a great career. One of the best of all time, but that time is well and truly over.  I'd actually like to see him get to 18 majors, but that is only going to happen at Augusta.

Seems childish to only call out Tiger for mistakes.  Any mishit that any pro does could be seen at a monthly club medal, as you put it; but you only focus on Tiger's?  The courses are hard, he's playing better than 20ish other pros that make up the best in the world, what's the problem?  No pro ever won every tournament they entered, so why is it a big deal if he's made a mistake?  He's hit it into bunkers before in his life, gotten out of them, and won tournaments doing so.  What's so bad about these shots that you have to focus on those compared to any other bad shot that led to dropping a stroke by any other player?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Jay28 said:

Both shots you'd see regularly at the monthly club medal. As were the two horrible bunker shots on those holes that were the result of the approaches.

@amished said it pretty well, so re-read what he had to say.

3 hours ago, Jay28 said:

I'm not touchy, I just dislike trolling. "He still has too many amateur level shots that crop up in his rounds.  Today was no different. Some really horrible errors." Stuff like that is either trolling, or you don't know very much about golf, and you seem to enjoy flaunting this.

If it's the latter, well, good luck. If it's just trolling, well, that's equally (but differently) stupid.

You said the stupid shit about "only at Augusta" before, too, completely ignoring the fact that he almost won the British Open last year and finished just behind Koepka at the PGA. And that Watson nearly won the British at 59. It's just dumb.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, amished said:

Seems childish to only call out Tiger for mistakes.  Any mishit that any pro does could be seen at a monthly club medal, as you put it; but you only focus on Tiger's?  The courses are hard, he's playing better than 20ish other pros that make up the best in the world, what's the problem?  No pro ever won every tournament they entered, so why is it a big deal if he's made a mistake?  He's hit it into bunkers before in his life, gotten out of them, and won tournaments doing so.  What's so bad about these shots that you have to focus on those compared to any other bad shot that led to dropping a stroke by any other player?

Pretty simple.  I was replying to a post about Tiger.

I think Tiger has more of the bad shots in him than the very top players, though.  That's the level to judge Tiger by.  Not compared to an average tour pro or even some of the best, but against the very best.

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

@amished said it pretty well, so re-read what he had to say.

I'm not touchy, I just dislike trolling. "He still has too many amateur level shots that crop up in his rounds.  Today was no different. Some really horrible errors." Stuff like that is either trolling, or you don't know very much about golf, and you seem to enjoy flaunting this.

If it's the latter, well, good luck. If it's just trolling, well, that's equally (but differently) stupid.

You said the stupid shit about "only at Augusta" before, too, completely ignoring the fact that he almost won the British Open last year and finished just behind Koepka at the PGA. And that Watson nearly won the British at 59. It's just dumb.

Almost winning is not winning. 

Nothing I said is untrue.  He did have some really horrible errors in his round today, same as yesterday.  I see it often in his rounds these days. He just isn't the player he was as is not at the level of a player like Koepke, for example.

Edited by Jay28

Note: This thread is 1666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!