IGNORED

This Damn Storm Is Starting to Piss Me Off!

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hurricane Dorian.  Since when did we start naming these things after a gay man’s cat?!

Looks like the entire state is going to be affected.  Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, at least at this juncture.  The biggest issue is that it’s moving extremely slow, which means maximum impact, especially rain.  We’re already saturated and there’s nowhere for the water to go.

This was my club 2 years ago after Irma.  Overlooking 3 golf holes.  We were closed down for 4 months.  This one could be worse...

Headed out to play today.  Could be our last round for awhile.

Stay safe guys.  

FE5A3753-61BA-484A-B72F-13FCD366A978.jpeg

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ugh. Hope everything turns out okay for you and the rest of the Florida contingent. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I concur this is not looking good.  I work up near PGA and live down in West Boynton.  The whole area is going to get impacted by this unless it stays to the north and hopefully off the coast like Hurricane Matthew.

I hope this isn't the end of Boca Municipal.  If it gets alot of damage I can't see them investing in it when they are trying to build/renovate the new course.  Boca Muni is a great course to get out on without much trouble.

• iacas changed the title to This Damn Storm Is Starting to Piss Me Off!
  • Administrator

Remember this type of stuff when you're giving us shit over here🙂

No, but seriously, I was in FL for a hurricane in… 2004, and that was enough to make me not ever want to have to deal with that stuff again, if I could, and it wasn't even that bad.

So, seriously, good luck to y'all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well I land in Orlando around 5:30pm today. Now I’m reading Tuesday is the day for action. So kind of my clinic to say they will close Monday only if the winds exceed 50mph. Gotta love that corporate kindness.😒...

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I was in Disney World during Matthew in 2016. Had to stay an extra day but all in all it wasn't bad down there. The drive home though, was an absolute nightmare. Power was out for hundreds of miles through Georgia and the Carolinas and at one point I was worried we were going to run out of gas because we couldn't find a working gas station. Parts of 95 were flooded out so we had to divert multiple times off the highway onto flooded backroads with no lights. GPS helped, but it didn't know what roads were closed so I had to navigate using the map function the old fashioned way.

Be safe, everyone.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Up to Cat 4 now.  Good grief.

No bueno... :no:

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Remember this type of stuff when you're giving us shit over here🙂

Fair enough!  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Stay safe folks. 

Dorian isn’t a hurricane name. Dorian is a fat kid with glasses who eats paste. Hurricanes should be named after nasty sounding mythical monsters like The Kraken! 

NWS Bulletin:

The Kraken is currently 243 nautical miles ESE of Port St Lucie heading WNW at 8 knots.

They should never name a hurricane after me either. Hurricane Scotty!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Stay safe bud. I know Harvey did a number on us here in Houston a few years ago....there are still people who haven’t recovered! We lost a few golf courses on the east side as well. Hurricanes are nothing to be messed with that’s for sure. 

10 hours ago, David in FL said:

Up to Cat 4 now.  Good grief.

No bueno... :no:

Fair enough!  

I’m guessing that it will be a 5 before landfall. For once, I am glad to not be in FL. 

Stay safe my friend.

- Shane

Being a southwest desert rat, we don't see hurricane weather like you coastal folks do. We get the dissipating remnants of these similar types of storms. Sometimes we get destructive flash flooding. A few folks stranded in their cars trying to drive through high water. 

That said, I hope you folks in Dorian's path ride it out safely. 

I have had a chance to see a hurricane up close and personal. I was in Corpus Christi Texas when Ceilia hit there in early 70s. A three day stay turned into a 14 day mess. I had never thought a storm could cause so much damage, and other strange happenings. .

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Hurricane Scotty!

Your not mean enough.

But they should consider a name like @boogielicious

That would terrify the world.... 😁

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

They should never name a hurricane after me either. Hurricane Scotty!

It would have to be a pretty wicked stahm.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Hurricane ‘Dorian’

05BA92EC-CA35-4E99-9416-89DEC5668BFE.gif.d01956a15f3925abad8fcbf942f1a068.gif

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

19 hours ago, billchao said:

It would have to be a pretty wicked stahm.

🤣

16 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Hurricane ‘Dorian’

05BA92EC-CA35-4E99-9416-89DEC5668BFE.gif.d01956a15f3925abad8fcbf942f1a068.gif

😂

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 4 weeks later...

Hold on to your hat !

They forecast it'll get worse progressively in the next decade ( they stopped at longer predictions since no one is sure about the continuation of  the past weather pattern ).

so the waves of tropical storm is not quite over< we started to have snow in the higher elevation.  In September...............More rainfalls forecast for this Fall/Winter.

Is there a better place to move to ?   Even the "it never rains in Southern California" is not true anymore.    A couple of families I know had just retired to Florida and Arizona.... I'll wait for them to give me some feed backs in a few years.

Note: This thread is 1665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!