IGNORED

Kirkland 4 Piece Ball Alive and Well (and Then Dead and Refunded)

Note: This thread is 1687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sort of.  The new 4 piece ball is listed on their web sight but as usual they sold out in less than 12 hours.  I got my order in today so hopefully I can compare them to the original 4 piece next week.  Same price of $29.99 for two dozen.

Edited by cristphoto

• iacas changed the title to Kirkland 4 Piece Ball Alive and Well

It is not the same as the previous Kirkland holy grail golf ball. According to My Golf Spy it is now made in China instead of Korea. Their impression is that it may not be any better than the 3 piece currently out on the market. 

Current Kirkland ball I’m hitting is the 3 piece made in China. Core, mantle, cover but the price was right so when I moved to an island with no Costco (nor McDonald’s, nor Home Depot and not even 1 stop light) I packed 3 boxes aka 6 dozen. Headed to Honolulu this weekend, maybe I’ll stop by and look for the new ball. 

Aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess they are just sold on line because I never see the 3 or 4 piece ball in the Costco near me. They do carry the Callaway Hex ball at a nice price but I don't know anything about them. I bought two dozen, figured I would give them a try. With my handicap I can't really tell the difference in balls anyway, I just know I'm not paying $4 a ball.

I had bought the Kirkland 4 piece ball before and played them, they were OK but I lost them all to the woods or water, some in the open rough.

I've played two rounds with the new ball and like it. To me it feels close to the ProV1X that I've been playing all year but not quite as durable. Factor in the price and its a no-brainer. FYI - this model is completely seamless like a Srixon Z-Star where the first version had a noticeable seam. 

I actually have a couple dozen of the three piece. I'm going to be giving them away....😒

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

From what I read, I think it's dead again.  Costco is refunding money due to poor quality balls.

161214-costco-golf-balls.jpg

Costco restocked its shelves with its budgeted golf ball in recent weeks, but customers noticed flaws in the product

Gus
---------------

• iacas changed the title to Kirkland 4 Piece Ball Alive and Well (and Then Dead and Refunded)

I guess this is an issue? I haven't seen a ball do that since balata.

kirklandrefund.thumb.jpg.dc687aed5a716516be1510ff461b7acf.jpg

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

3 hours ago, NM Golf said:

I guess this is an issue? I haven't seen a ball do that since balata.

kirklandrefund.thumb.jpg.dc687aed5a716516be1510ff461b7acf.jpg

I've seen refurbished golf balls do that, too. That's why I stopped buying them.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Yahoo news reports Costco is offering a refund of the purchase price of the ball, which was selling for $29.99 for a two-dozen pack.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/costco-latest-version-budgeted-golf-131549686.html

That product was named to the Golf Digest Hot List in 2017, but later was the centerpiece of dueling lawsuits between Costco and Acushnet, makers of the top-selling and top played ball in professional golf, the Pro V1. Acushnet accused the Costco ball of violating 10 patents. That case was settled out of court in 2018.

“Our records show that you recently purchased the Kirkland Signature 4-piece Golf Balls,” the email reads. “Feedback we received since the item went on sale shows that some of the balls do not meet the high standards that are expected for the Kirkland Signature brand. Therefore, Costco is refunding your credit card for your purchase and the shipping costs (two separate credits). There is no need to return the item.

“As with any Kirkland Signature item, if ever you are not completely satisfied with the product, your money will be refunded. Please accept our apologies, and thank you for your continued support.”

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Played 9 early this morning, and had no problems with the ball. 

It’s still a crap ball though.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!