IGNORED

How Many Wedges Do You Carry?

How many wedges do you carry?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How many wedges do you carry?

• 0 - What's a wedge?
    • 1 - I have my trusty Niblick and that's all I need.
    • 2 - Doesn't matter which two, but you'd think it would be PW and SW
    • 3 - Very common set up through the 80's and 90's.
    • 4 - Its good to have options
    • 5 - More options or is it because your PW is so delofted you had to stick in another gap wedge?
    • 6 or more - If you answer this, you'd better explain why.

PW- 45*

GW- 50* or 52*

SW- 56*

I have an Alpha PF2 60* that I sometimes carry.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I have an Adams 45 PW and carry 3 Vokeys 50, 54-14 and 58-08.  Use them all.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The pitching wedge from the set and one additional, most often the Wilson Staff JP pitching wedge. It looks like a sand wedge and has a moderate amount of bounce. Works ok from most sand.  I own a couple of other sand wedges, but seldom to never carry them.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Last year I went from a 4 wedge to a 3 wedge set up:

PW - 47° Mizuno MP 60

SW - 53° Titleist Vokey SM (54 bent 1° strong)

LW - 59° Titleist Vokey SM (58 bent 1° weak)

This simplified my choices around the green.  However, it now requires a bit more finesse and feel for full shots that are between distances.

Overall, happy with the change.  I'll take another year with this set up and re-evaluate.

I yank my 3i and have 4 wedges.

47deg (MP57)

52deg CG15

56deg CG15

60deg CG15

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Maxfli PW - 46 - full shots 120-125yds

Vokey - 54.12 - Sand and full shots around 80-110

Vokey - 60.4  - Everything else around green 60yds and under.

Only wedge I took out of the bag was a Vokey 48.6 degree.  I played last season with it and never seemed to hit solid full shots and much more comfortable with delicate shots with the 60 deg.

i will say that adding the 60 degree last year probably shaved 3 strokes off per round.  Love that club

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Four Vokey wedges for me.

Lofts are 48, 52, 58 and 64 degrees.

The 64 is nice to have , but not essential as most of my green-side work is performed with the 58.

The 52 is practically redundant as I'd rather play bump and runs with the 48.  I find that it doesn't even (reliably) plug a distance gap between the Pitching Wedge and Sand Wedge.  In all honesty, I can get on just as well with 2 wedges.

Wasn't there already a thread on this?

I have 4 counting the PW (Equalizer in my set)

E - 46 deg

GW - 52 deg

SW - 56 deg

LW - 60 deg

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I have a ton...

I try not to overpractice the wedges I like, because you burn the grooves up fast. Plus, I've been stockpiling nonconforming wedges

If I'm on the range, working on generic full-swing, I don't hit my 'game' wedges very often if at all. If I'm working on specific shots with the wedges, or short game stuff, I will hit my regular playing wedges I'm using at that time or for the next round.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Currently bagging the following  (all non-conforming):

PW - Callaway X-22 Tour (46 degrees)

50 deg Vokey

54 deg Vokey

60 deg CG 14

Also picked up 56 deg CG14 and 60 deg Vokey for future use when there are no more non-conforming to be had.

Driver : ping.gifG15 10.5* Serrano Stiff
3W: callaway.gif RAZR 15*
Hybrids : adams.gif A7 19*
4- PW : mizuno.gif MP - 63
Wedges : vokey.gif50*, 54*, 60*Putter: cameron.gif Scotty Newport 2.5Bag: sunmountain.gif 2011 SunMountain C-130

I carry 4.  I have the PW, D and SW from my iron set (D is the gap wedge in Cleveland-speak I believe) and I purchased a 62.12 CG15 which I find I seem to use the most.  I have an uncanny ability to leave myself short sided behind (or within) bunkers. :D

Brad

How many do I have.

Vokeys, I have a 54.10, 56.14, 58.06, 60.04, Mizuno MPT 53, x forged 64.

I carry the PW and GW with my set, 58 and the 64.

I wish I could carry 5 but don't like having a huge hole jumping from a 7 wood to a 5 iron.

Brian

Have the fairly standard 52*, 56*, 60* dedicated wedge setup. Thinking about changing next time round, as I'd prefer my gap wedge to be the same as my irons and reckon I could then get away with 48*, 52* in the set and a single Miura 57* C-Grind. Woot woot! :banana:

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Whoops.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

FML

After starting this thread,the next day I lost my Taylormade xft wedge 56 at the range........... I am heart broken

I phoned lost and found but no luck.....

Driver SuperFast Burner 2.0  10.5 

Wood SuperFast Burner 2.0  15

nike.gif Hybrids SQ Sumo Hybrid #3, #4
ping.gifIrons G15 Iron #5 - Pw 
cleveland.gif Wedge CG15 50, 52, 56
odyssey.gifPutter White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter

I am quite surprised that the current standing is that over 50% use 4 wedges as this subject has been around here many, many, many, times and a lot of golfers actually went back from 4 wedges (including the set's PW) to 3 wedges (including the set's PW).

I agree that having 4 or even 5 wedges means having a lot of options ...... butt for me it is much safer to chip a 9i close than hitting a flopshot or a high pitch when I am 10 yards off ...... So I only use 3 wedges 47* PW - 52* GAP - 58* SW/LW mix.

From the bunker I use both the 52 or 58, depending on distance and sand condition. The 58 is also great from the rough .....

The less options, the more control is my 2 cents.

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

48.06 deg Vokey bent to 47 (old PW was 47)

52.08 deg Vokey (most disposable of my wedges, but I have no reason to replace it with any other club tbh)

56.08 deg Vokey (Money out of the sand)

60.04 deg Vokey (my baby. First vokey I ever got and I trust it with every shot)

yes I like vokey wedges.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....