IGNORED

The 2019 ZOZO Championship

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger starting off great! Gotta stop with the bogeys, he’d have a nice lead if he could eliminate those damn mishaps. 

logo.svg

Click here to view the 2020 The ZOZO CHAMPIONSHIP Leaderboard. Keep up with all the news, scores and highlights.

Edited by Vinsk
Phone being silly

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's apparently Tiger's best opening round in a tournament since 1996. Must be nice after opening with bogey-bogey-bogey.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

4 hours ago, Zeph said:

That's apparently Tiger's best opening round in a tournament since 1996. Must be nice after opening with bogey-bogey-bogey.

Best "season" opening round since 1996 I believe is what they were saying. 

• Thumbs Up 1

- Mark

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

Best "season" opening round since 1996 I believe is what they were saying. 

Aha. I never actually saw an article on it, just mentioned by someone on a forum. Couldn't find an article that mentioned it either.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

9 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Aha. I never actually saw an article on it, just mentioned by someone on a forum. Couldn't find an article that mentioned it either.

Either way, it's nice to see him get off to a good start. Seems like it's been awhile. And watching live golf in prime time is kinda nice. 

- Mark

I am not a fanboy.  It is just not in my nature.  Also, I do not keep up with PGA Tour golf very much.  But I stumbled upon this before bed last night and I have to admit.  I am stoked to see him looking good out there.  At his best, he was like a superhero.  It feels comfortable to have that back in some limited form with his comfortable green jacket.

• iacas changed the title to The 2019 ZOZO Championship

Between the weird airtime and the second round delay my brain is all scrambled - I swear Tiger has been sitting on the first-round lead for 4 days running. 

• Like 3

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I watched some of it, and was struck by Tiger acting "like he'd been there before".  You know how some athletes seem out of place, scoring a touchdown, or hitting a home run, and acting like they've never done it before, and never expect to do it again.  Tiger didn't look like that.  He looked more comfortable to me than he did even in the Tour Championship, or the Masters.  The other thing that struck me was that he actually had a couple putts that didn't drop that looked pretty good.  Can he keep it up?  Who knows?  Will his body let him?  Don't know.  But he looks much more himself (or his old self) that he has in a while.

• Like 1

Poulter posted a video of the typhoon on the course.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4CVArrBhWs/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

ianjamespoulter
Golf course has received a staggering amount of rain today.. Under this water is the 10th fairway somewhere. You can see the green in the top of the picture. This course drains incredibly well and will be ready for us tomorrow, tee times are now between 9.30-11.30

Torrential rain caused flooding and mudslides Friday in towns east of Tokyo, leaving one dead and two missing and expanding damage in areas still recovering from recent typhoons.

More than six inches of rain was recorded at the Accordia Golf Narashino Country Club on Friday.

“Due to safety concerns, PGA Tour officials have announced the course will unfortunately be closed to all spectators and ticket holders on Saturday as the well-being of our fans is paramount,” the PGA Tour said in a statement.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Seems like weather always comes in stupid weird when a tournament has a chance to be interesting to me.....Saturday conditions should be fun.....hit it high and find where it plugs.....

Bill - 

(edited)
20 minutes ago, colin007 said:

They should just make it an 18 hole tournament...

Would count for Snead....

Justin Thomas (@JustinThomas34) Tweeted:
What a day for the books... got back to hotel, got treatment, had lunch, worked out, stretched, showered, movie, stuck at movie theatre because of floods, walked to dominoes with the guys, made our way home 2 hours later, treatment again, now back in my hotel room #PGATourLife

Yesssirreee....tour life is tough!

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Back-to-back rounds of 64. I can't remember the last time Tiger was -12 after the first two rounds.

5 hours ago, Zeph said:

Back-to-back rounds of 64. I can't remember the last time Tiger was -12 after the first two rounds.

IKR!? 64-64....I know the tournament is a bit quirky to follow with the delay...but damn...where is everyone?! @colin007! Come on man!

21 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

IKR!? 64-64....I know the tournament is a bit quirky to follow with the delay...but damn...where is everyone?! @colin007! Come on man!

LOL, I know. I use a friend's login cable information to get access to the streaming on the golf Channel app, but it has not been working for me recently. 

Colin P.

51 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Haha it’s football season for me. Usually stay quiet from Aug-Feb, but I have been following. It’s been impressive. Guess the rest has done him well. He looks like he did at Augusta. Would be great to see him get 82 here and 83 at either Torrey or Bay Hill.

48 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Haha it’s football season for me. Usually stay quiet from Aug-Feb, but I have been following. It’s been impressive. Guess the rest has done him well. He looks like he did at Augusta. Would be great to see him get 82 here and 83 at either Torrey or Bay Hill.

Oh I hear ya...I’m huge on NCAA Football...hoping to see OSU do it’s usual egg drop and lose to Wisconsin...not too hopeful but hell they’ve lost to Iowa and Purdue when everyone thought they were unbeatable...( the embarrassing ass whipping from OU was hushed of course.) lol.

Note: This thread is 1640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!