IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Only 4 left, and I missed a 5’ putt on one of them yesterday!  🤬

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played my first round at my home course yesterday now that they are open again.  Added a couple Par's, but no birdies.  Hopefully will be able to start knocking these out as I start to play more.

Gus
---------------

Signed on for this challenge today. Pulled the score cards from Jan till now.  Was impressed that I had parred more holes that I thought, several I have done more than once.  Would like to see a few birdies before the year is out - have had birdie opportunities a number of times, now just need to start sealing the deal.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Finally knocked out another birdie! This one was on the 16th hole, the longest at my home course (523-yard par-5), which has become a shorter-length par-5 for me. I usually have between 100-125 into the green after two shots, but today I hit two bombs (a 240-yard drive and a 220-yard 3-wood, and I had just under 70 yards to the green. Hit my 54 degree wedge to four feet and made the putt. That’s now three holes. Gotta pick it up a bit. There’s several more holes where I know I can make birdie that I haven’t yet (the par-3s for example, none of which are more than a well-struck mid-iron), so I feel confident that I can get at least 14 or 15 holes birdied before Dec. 31.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

• Administrator

Didn't even think about it until after I'd made the birdie, but I knocked off holes 11 and 13 today. 11 is a par three, and so those are always good to get, and 13 is a tricky par four that's hybrid, short iron (today a wedge off a chipped hybrid as it was downwind, with a PW I had to step through on the steep downslope).

Puts me at… 12 birdies or better (an eagle on 3), through 5½ rounds. Four on the front and only 17 and 18 left on the back nine. I've been fortunate so far - very, very few overlapping birdies.

Spreadsheet updated.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Missed a 12-footer on 18 today that would have gotten me 8 of 9 on the back nine. Somehow a chipped 8I to an elevated green hit and STOPPED and even bounced a bit left. When I saw where it landed I thought it may have gone IN, only to fix a ball mark ahead of and to the right of the ball. 😛

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Four birdies today, three repeats and checked off #17. Won the skin on #8, 220 par-3 to a back right pin.

IMG_2484.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Added 2 birdies and 2 pars from my round today, and had a couple repeat pars.

Gus
---------------

Four birdies today, 3 repeats, checked off #18. Got 13/18 holes so far for the month.

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

Push-cut a driver right on 17 today, caught a 7I a you-know-what-hair on the thin side of flush to 9 feet, and drained the two-foot breaking putt with a high-side lip-in. I'm down to five holes left, after 6.5 rounds, with only 18 remaining on the back nine.

4 pars today with 3 repeats, but I get to chalk #18 off the list. My birdie put grazed the lip on the high side. I though for sure it would fall, but no such luck. I rattled the pin with a hybrid chip on #14 which would have been a nice birdie. The guys I was paired up with claimed it to be in by quarantine rules, but I wouldn't take it since it was 4' past the hole. I even missed the comeback par putt too. Short game was not good today at all. Too many 3 putts and pitches that came up way short. I was afraid to hit the dang ball. 🤬

I got to see one of my playing partners hole one from the fairway for his first ever eagle. I signed his scorecard so that his golfing buddies might believe him. They still probably won't.

image.png

- Shane

Hole 13.  Pitch in.  I'm usually happy with a bogey on this hole, so I'm glad to have this one done!  (11 of 18)

814894396_hole13.thumb.jpg.4373ad1437ba76034e5c21464ef446c6.jpg

• Like 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator

Played only the front nine today. 1 I missed the green with an 8I. 2, ditto. 4 I flew a lob wedge a bit too far. And 8 I gave a good run but the putt stayed a bit too high.

Only one on the back is 18.

On 5/16/2020 at 7:49 PM, iacas said:

Push-cut a driver right on 17 today, caught a 7I a you-know-what-hair on the thin side of flush to 9 feet, and drained the two-foot breaking putt with a high-side lip-in. I'm down to five holes left, after 6.5 rounds, with only 18 remaining on the back nine.

Only someone at your level can get away calling it a “push cut”, and mean it.  The rest of us, well... :8)

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Only someone at your level can get away calling it a “push cut”, and mean it.  The rest of us, well... :8)

Yeah it didn’t curve much and started a bit right of my start line. Missed the line by… 30 yards? Was in right side of a big dogleg left fairway.

Managed to pump out a bunch of pars on my home course this weekend, now that it is reopened. Even managed a birdie to go along with it. Hoping the coming week will bring good things. I'd like to have at least 3 holes checked off for birdie by the end of the month (maybe 4-5 more rounds)

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Four birdies today and checked off #1 and #7. Three holes left with the rest of the month to go, best position I've been in to complete the challenge in a month. 

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 1129 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!