IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I think @mvmac should have to eagle all the par 5s instead...

Should make him eagle all the par 3s.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Three birdies today but all repeats.

Whatever, f***er. You have to do it every month. You're almost done with January, so congrats. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Whatever, f***er. You have to do it every month. You're almost done with January, so congrats. 😄

😛

Hey, I'm just posting updates!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, mvmac said:

😛

Hey, I'm just posting updates!

BIRDIE EVERY HOLE EVERY MONTH, *#(#T^&@(!)*&#$!

😄😄😄 

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I played 9 holes on my course today. Had 3 birdie chances inside of about 15 feet. Left two about a foot short in the jaws, blew the third one by without scaring the cup. Would have been nice to get one of those, especially with 2 of them being on pretty long par 3s. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I started birdie, birdie yesterday (I don't think it's ever happened to me before!) and had a round with 3 birdies last week, but both were on a different course than the one I selected for this... In time, maybe.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

5 birdies today, four repeats but got the 18th hole.

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator
1 hour ago, mvmac said:

5 birdies today, four repeats but got the 18th hole.

1. I see this:

image.png

2. I assume Mike made another 37 birdies.

3. I click the topic.

4. My suspicions are confirmed.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, iacas said:

1. I see this:

image.png

2. I assume Mike made another 37 birdies.

3. I click the topic.

4. My suspicions are confirmed.

lol you sound like the guys in my group!

Mike McLoughlin

i am gonna take up this challenge.  So far only one round this year and no birdies.  Was a tournament that was wrecked by a lost ball on the fairway and that led to a stretch of triple double triple and ended my hopes.  Hoping to birdie at least one hole this month in one or max two more rounds

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Another 2 rounds this weekend. 7 birdies but 3 of them where repeated.
It´s hard to catch @mvmac but I will do my best. 

Next week i will play a Mid Am in another course so.. nothing to report in the next 10 days. 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, mvmac said:

lol you sound like the guys in my group!

That's fine, Mike, but you only have about 17 days left in your January Birdie Challenge. February will be a bitch if you can't get January, but at least you have 29 days this year. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Man, not sure how I missed this topic when it was posted. Anywho-sounds like a fun challenge. With being a 18 capper I will make this a Par challenge (but will track birdies too if they happen!). My home course is a 27 hole course, so I choose my favorite Houston course that I play often as well....Memorial Park Golf Course. I have played once and made 7 pars! 11 more to go this year. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Man, not sure how I missed this topic when it was posted. Anywho-sounds like a fun challenge. With being a 18 capper I will make this a Par challenge (but will track birdies too if they happen!). My home course is a 27 hole course, so I choose my favorite Houston course that I play often as well....Memorial Park Golf Course. I have played once and made 7 pars! 11 more to go this year. 

I think make it a par challenge until you beat that in March or April… then switch over to a birdie challenge. 🙂

There's no wrong way to do it, and there are no prizes, but you're selling yourself short if you think it'll be tough to achieve a par challenge, IMO.

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I think make it a par challenge until you beat that in March or April… then switch over to a birdie challenge. 🙂

There's no wrong way to do it, and there are no prizes, but you're selling yourself short if you think it'll be tough to achieve a par challenge, IMO.

Noted!

Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!