IGNORED

Super Bowl LIV Picks

RoberX
Note: This thread is 1537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who is going to win the Super Bowl  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the Super Bowl

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Kansas City Chiefs

Who do you think is going to win Super Bowl LIV?

superbowl.thumb.jpeg.1481f71d13797ec74c19b6926679adc7.jpeg

I am going for the Chiefs! 

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm don't really follow the NFL too intently anymore, but I'm going with the local team - 49ers.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

49'ers.

I like Galapolo as a quarterback.  I think his years under Brady makes him a winner. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, Yukari said:

49'ers.

I like Garapolo as a quarterback.  I think his years under Brady makes him a winner. 

He'll half to throw more than 8 passes. I think both teams have strengths and weaknesses. KC is not that good against the run, but it SF can not get behind, then they have a chance. SF cannot let Mahomes run free. That will kill them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Flipped a quarter...……..  KC Chiefs !!!!!!!!

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

KC is not that good against the run

Did you watch the KC vs. Titans game?   They held the league leader to 69 rushing yards.  

I believe both teams (KC and SF) deserve to be in the Superbowl.   

What surprised me was the running ability of Mostert of SF.    He had 220 yards against the Packers.    I don't think the Packers were good enough to really win their conference.   Obviously they played well when they needed to but they never led vs the Lions until the winning field goal in each game.   Detroit actually controlled each of their games.   That in itself is telling.  

KC has so many very good offensive weapons.   I think they will win.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

42 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Did you watch the KC vs. Titans game?   They held the league leader to 69 rushing yards.  

I believe both teams (KC and SF) deserve to be in the Superbowl.   

What surprised me was the running ability of Mostert of SF.    He had 220 yards against the Packers.    I don't think the Packers were good enough to really win their conference.   Obviously they played well when they needed to but they never led vs the Lions until the winning field goal in each game.   Detroit actually controlled each of their games.   That in itself is telling.  

KC has so many very good offensive weapons.   I think they will win.  

Once KC was up by 2 or 3 scores, Titans were forced to pass. That skews the stats. In the first quarter Henry was chewing up 5-10 yard runs. If the Titans defense was better, or they actually called any of the holds the KC line was committing, it would have been different. 

I don’t think SF will be able to run free against KC. The packers D was awful. But SF is a more balanced offense and has a better D than the Titans. They play more man. Titans were doing a lot of zone, which killed them. 

I hope is a close game. These last two were runaways. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

I'm a chiefs fan, so biased, but i do think it's a pretty even match up.  I was hoping for the packers because i think that would have been the better matchup for the chiefs.  The 49er's defense is solid.  So like many NFL games, it will probably hinge on a couple big plays.  Hopefully (for me) the Chiefs can get out to a lead and force garapolo to pass.  I think Andy Reid finally gets it done this year, although that might be my  heart talking.  And i just really like my chances when mahomes is QB.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

I don't quite understand the "Garapolo can't throw the football" narrative going around right now. He has led the 9ers to several victories, even from behind, by, gasp....... throwing the football. Hopefully the Chief's will make the same mistake and discover just how well he can throw. 

1 hour ago, Sean_D said:

I don't quite understand the "Garapolo can't throw the football" narrative going around right now. He has led the 9ers to several victories, even from behind, by, gasp....... throwing the football. Hopefully the Chief's will make the same mistake and discover just how well he can throw. 

It’s not that he “can’t “ throw. It is more that in these playoffs, they have chosen not to throw much. Jimmy G can throw effectively, but SF strength has been the run game lately with their zone blocking.

KC is the opposite, a great passing team, but their stock run game is average. Mahomes has been their leading rusher this post season. I think it will be a good matchup.

• Upvote 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

On 1/22/2020 at 1:36 PM, dennyjones said:

They held the league leader to 69 rushing yards.  

One game does not make a team great at something. 

Really, KC's rush defense is not that great, 

2020_01_28_13_13_54_2019_NFL_DEFENSIVE_EFFICIENCY_RATINGS_Football_Outsiders.png

I am going to go with SF to win. I think they can play keep away from KC.  I like their pass rush against KC. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Mahomes Magic :-D

• Like 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

8 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Mahomes Magic :-D

Yes!

On 1/22/2020 at 2:29 PM, Wanzo said:

And i just really like my chances when mahomes is QB.

Yes!   Hope the first of many.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Nice win for KC! 

-- Robert

In my bag: :ping:  G400 (10.5 degrees) | :callaway: Diablo Edge 5 Wood |:callaway: X-Hot 3 Hybrid | spacer.png 4 - PW Hybrid D350 Combo | :vokey:SM4 50, SM5 58, SM6 54 & 56 Wedges | :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 | :bushnell: Tour V4 Rangefinder | :bagboy:Defender Cart Bag

What i didn't understand about that game from SF is if you have a team that can plow open 5 yard wide holes almost at will, why the hell are you throwing the ball at all in the second half? Garoppolo shouldn't have thrown the ball more than 20 times in general. 

16 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

What i didn't understand about that game from SF is if you have a team that can plow open 5 yard wide holes almost at will, why the hell are you throwing the ball at all in the second half? Garoppolo shouldn't have thrown the ball more than 20 times in general. 

A bigger blunder is why they go for FGs when they’re averaging 5-6.5 yds per carry effortlessly on 4th and 3,5. Zero confidence and a real pansy. Gotta go big. Left 8pts on the field easily.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

Same guy was the OC of Atlanta when they gave up a 28-3 halftime lead.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!