IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Alx said:

Funny how they had no problem with the LPGA being backed by the saudis.

The LPGA Tour isn't. Some of the players and some non-LPGA Tour events are (Aramco Team Series).

The women are in a very different place than the men, too. Just like me using an ICE car doesn't put me in the same category as Bryson taking $125M to help sports wash.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

Bryson DeChambeau is a sellout, which makes his latest PR push awfully rich.

Edited by iacas
We don't copy/paste entire articles. That's theft.

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

7 minutes ago, Elmer said:

thin, gimmicky rough of Pinehurst, which instead of the usual U.S. Open’s shoetop-curling long grass consisted of sand wastes filled with “native plants carried by sandhill breezes and native birds,” or what you and I call weeds.

Ooof.  Bash Bryson all you want but leave these bad takes about Pinehurst No. 2 out of it, lol.  

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

3 hours ago, Elmer said:

Stewart was no pure saint; he could be surly and big headed and profligate early in his career, and he certainly liked his money. “Sales are going up,” he joked on winning the PGA in his signature knickers. But he steadily matured, he knew the fine line between winning and losing a major by a stroke could be all but indefinable, and he came to believe golf was as much a personal ethic as a game. Maybe DeChambeau, too, can mature, into someone who deserves to properly invoke Payne Stewart.

You have to wonder what Payne Stewart might have done if the Saudis put a $125MM check in front of him. As quoted above, he "certainly liked his money". We will never know.

LIV Golf's first streaming partner, Caffeine TV, shuttered midway through its first season paired with the...

Perhaps Norman could pitch his product to Obscure Sports Quarterly 😂😂😂. @boogielicious will get the reference!

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

LIV Golf's first streaming partner, Caffeine TV, shuttered midway through its first season paired with the...

Perhaps Norman could pitch his product to Obscure Sports Quarterly 😂😂😂. @boogielicious will get the reference!

Maybe ESPN The Ocho?

IMG_1205.jpeg

• Funny 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 6/20/2024 at 7:42 PM, Archie Bunker said:

You have to wonder what Payne Stewart might have done if the Saudis put a $125MM check in front of him. As quoted above, he "certainly liked his money". We will never know.

We will never know but plenty of players have turned down LIV offers. I'm sure they like their money too but doesn't seem like it's an obvious choice. So when the 0.0001% level wealthy choose to be 0.000001% uber wealthy, the trade-off does magnify moral delinquency. Now that his (BDC) pockets are grotesquely overflowing with blood money, he wants be a national treasure. What a phony. Eff him.

Vishal S.

14 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Now that his (BDC) pockets are grotesquely overflowing with blood money, he wants be a national treasure. What a phony. Eff him.

What these defectors don’t seem to get is their bottom line for going over there:Money. And not money they need for their own/family survival. It’s hardly a comparison when countries have to unfortunately deal with international business among morality deficient governments for commodities each need. 

Many of these guys, BDC, Koepka, Mickelson, etc. did not make this move to keep afloat. Needing fuel for our daily lives, plastics, etc. are just a necessity in every household. These guys just liked the money. Period. So to expect people to turn the other way and admire their bs claims of ‘better schedule, growing the game…’ is just asinine. Awww…you have to play more golf on the PGAT? You’re exhausted from all the private jet trips?  Yeah..that’s a tough life for sure. 

• Thumbs Up 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Phil might be needing it to fuel his gambling.

• Funny 2

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

8 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Phil might be needing it to fuel his gambling.

I doubt he was in any financial hardship. I do however believe he’s pretty pissed he wasted so much on it and LIV basically gave him his losses back that he knows he wouldn’t earn on the PGAT.