cspell

2020 Masters (Patron-Free)

94 posts / 7467 viewsLast Reply

On 4/7/2020 at 11:55 AM, nevets88 said:

Here's the broadcast schedule in lieu of what was to be the 2020 Masters in April. Looks like it's Jack, Phil and Tiger time.

Poor Bubba and Scott got shoved under the carpet by marketing. They’re showing 2012 and 2013, too.

Though the 2020 Masters has (thankfully) been rescheduled for November, it still begs the question: Who would've won if it were played this week?

The winner is…

Spoiler

BB12rvUx.img?h=771&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

You know this is crap because… look who is in sixth. I mean, C'mon.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"Lanto Griffin"??? That sounds like some knock-off superhero sidekick....

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Though the 2020 Masters has (thankfully) been rescheduled for November, it still begs the...

The winner is…

Reveal hidden contents

BB12rvUx.img?h=771&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

Molinari +10? Nonsense.

20 hours ago, iacas said:

Though the 2020 Masters has (thankfully) been rescheduled for November, it still begs the question: Who would've won if it were played this week?

The winner is…

Reveal hidden contents

Agree. I would only have one of those listed I the top 10, McIlroy.

If they would have played today, they would likely have had to move up tee times again bc of weather.

No real great spot to stick this so I'll put it here:

augusta%20national%2018th%20tee.jpg

Like any course, Augusta National has morphed and changed quite a bit through the years, as these photos show

The weirdest picture is of the 8th green after the took the mounds away (and before they put them back):

8th-Green-1956.jpg

Not sure why anyone though that was a good idea. 

4 hours ago, The Recreational Golfer said:

I thought you might like to see this picture of an early tournament (year unknown to me). Bobby Jones teeing off, with Tommy Armour, Walter Hagen, and Gene Sarazen watching.Masters.jpg.8ac3a90da8f4d91fdc4f54c8c030be61.jpg

I didn’t realize Jones porked up that much!

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

You gotta love the galleries in those days. They were so dapper.

10 hours ago, Vinsk said:

He was affecting Earth’s gravity!

The course looked more wide open in the photos too.

Nice Erik! Got some new wallpapers from that!

Wow, seeing the dates so close together on what Notah Begay called the aspirational schedule, I can't help thinking how cool a fall Ryder Cup at Augusta would be.  

So with the new dates of the Master's Tournament now in November, I am curious, how many people that had tickets or seriously planned on attending in April will now no longer do so in November, whether it be for personal reasons, lost your job due to COVID and the Masters aren't cheap, its college Football season, etc.

I’m still skeptical of it given these new reports from the CDC of COVID-19 2.0 coming in the fall and that it could be much worse than this outbreak. We can talk about how we’re more ready the second time around, but until there’s a vaccine, I don’t see much you can do except lockdown.

We’ll see. Hopefully the experts are wrong and we can see Augusta in November and get a football season.

Edited by ChrisP

On 4/22/2020 at 9:59 AM, ChrisP said:

I’m still skeptical of it given these new reports from the CDC of COVID-19 2.0 coming in the fall and that it could be much worse than this outbreak. We can talk about how we’re more ready the second time around, but until there’s a vaccine, I don’t see much you can do except lockdown.

We’ll see. Hopefully the experts are wrong and we can see Augusta in November and get a football season.

There's a lot you can do without a true vaccine, including better testing, isolating at-risk people, developing treatments or "cures," etc.