IGNORED

Hoodies - Pro Golf Attire/Dress Codes?

iacas
Note: This thread is 1523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hoodies are fashionable among young people. I’m not a fan for golf however. They serve no function. 

I don’t think attire is an issue with attracting people to the sport though, it certainly never crossed my mind before I played golf, expense or worrying about looking useless were far higher concerns

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don’t mind them at all. Of course they’d be great to help McCarron and Langer hide their anchoring even better.....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Clothes normally have two primary functions.

1. Keep your warm and protected from the elements

2. Prevent other people from having to see your bits and pieces.

Baring some sort of obscene message or image on an article of clothing, I don't care.

1 minute ago, mcanadiens said:

Baring some sort of obscene message or image on an article of clothing, I don't care.

Don't be talkin' that chit during Paris Fashion Week...

10 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Clothes have signaled status for more than 2000 years. Has to count as a function

3 minutes ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Clothes have signaled status for more than 2000 years. Has to count as a function

Also, I don't think many of us pick out a new golf shirt without thinking... "Hmmm, I'll look good in this purple and pink one."

• Administrator
1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Does Bill Belichick play golf? 

Yeah. But he cheats.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've seen more than a few PGA Tour golfers wear hoodies on their Instagram. They're not playing during a tournament, but probably at a club with a dress code.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Natural progression of golf fashion I suppose. In the 90's it was baggy pants and over-sized sweaters, now its slim fit. Rope brimmed hats have made a comeback. So a hoodie might be the next thing. I don't care for it, to me its not golf. But what do I know? Oh and while we are on it, tuck your shirt in. Sam did it best.

Sam-Snead-1970s.jpg

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

"Tuck your shirt in".  That could be a whole thread.  Or maybe it already is...

10 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Natural progression of golf fashion I suppose. In the 90's it was baggy pants and over-sized sweaters, now its slim fit. Rope brimmed hats have made a comeback. So a hoodie might be the next thing. I don't care for it, to me its not golf. But what do I know? Oh and while we are on it, tuck your shirt in. Sam did it best.

Sam-Snead-1970s.jpg

Oh, and look... not a person in Sam's gallery with a cell phone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I've seen more than a few PGA Tour golfers wear hoodies on their Instagram. They're not playing during a tournament, but probably at a club with a dress code.

As many of you may or may not remember from a previous dress code thread. I'm actually the president of the anti-white-belt-society. So, go ahead and wear a hoodie. But if you are wearing a white belt you'd better be in the navy, or selling ice cream.

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

56 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Oh, and look... not a person in Sam's gallery with a cell phone!

Come on....that was before Google or Apple!   Probably before your time too.😏

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

As many of you may or may not remember from a previous dress code thread. I'm actually the president of the anti-white-belt-society. So, go ahead and wear a hoodie. But if you are wearing a white belt you'd better be in the navy, or selling ice cream.

Wore one today. Take a suck of that.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

As an eighth grade teacher in a school that does not allow hoodies up, which, of course means I am CONSTANTLY telling people to take their hoods off, I have to say that I HATE hoodies.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

7 minutes ago, bwdial said:

As an eighth grade teacher in a school that does not allow hoodies up, which, of course means I am CONSTANTLY telling people to take their hoods off, I have to say that I HATE hoodies.

Retail getting the same way, i see signs that hoodies must be down while in the store.

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Wore one today. Take a suck of that.

Can I get a double scoop of mint chocolate chip in a waffle cone?

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

7 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I read a golf fashion article a few years ago and it said if your age or waistline is over 40 then don't wear a white belt. 

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

Note: This thread is 1523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!