IGNORED

Share Something Positive From This COVID-19 Mess

snapfade
Note: This thread is 1230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Seems like times like these brings out the best and worst of people. The media loves to show the guy with 50 rolls of TP in his cart and even here things have gotten a little tense from time to time, I am a guilty party to that myself. So I will start with something positive from the Covid-19 pandemic. I usually play in the late afternoons at my course and I rarely say two words to anyone because everyone there at that time is in a rush to get in their game before dark. Now though it seems people stop and talk, from a distance of course, and I have met several people and wound up playing with them. You have to walk when I get there so you eventually you are going to run into someone and strike up a conversations. Also, in the neighborhood people are talking and being outside which is way out of the norm for my little corner of the Island. In that way it's a good thing to come from this. What have you seen or done that is a positive from all of this?

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Positive?  Hell yes.  Today, after searching for 4 days for a simple 4-pack of toilet paper I found it! I'm good for a few months.  I really want to know what people were thinking when they made their stupid run on TP.  

29 minutes ago, snapfade said:

Also, in the neighborhood people are talking and being outside which is way out of the norm for my little corner of the Island. 

The outdoor walking population in my neighborhood has increased about 400%.  I'm seeing people I've never seen before.  Maybe they're busing in... it's a good 'hood to stroll in... sidewalks, scenic views...

Edited by Double Mocha Man

• iacas changed the title to Share Something Positive From This COVID-19 Mess

Dogs are getting walked three times a day!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm walking a lot more than I used to.  Just walked almost 4.5 miles today, recreationally.  I know that's a lot like when I play golf, but maybe I'll build up some cardio energy that I don't really have (although it's nowhere near as bad as high school, when I could barely walk half a mile without getting winded). 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

So far, I’m playing more golf.  Just about every day, because there’s a fear that each day could be the last for awhile...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

In Germany where my wife is staying at 9pm, everyone in the apartments goes out on their balconys and starts clapping and cheering. They are doing it for the health care workes as a show of support. Kind of cool.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

I’m glad to report that the younger population here has done a better job of not coming to the clinic for minor, self resolving issues. Much better than 2-3 weeks ago.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

41 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I’m glad to report that the younger population here has done a better job of not coming to the clinic for minor, self resolving issues. Much better than 2-3 weeks ago.

One of our daughters lives in Long Beach, Ca and she is a medical translator, Spanish to English, anyways, she was at an LA doctors office last week and the waiting area was packed, no separation between patients whatsoever, she went and waited in the car and had them call her when they were ready.  

1 minute ago, snapfade said:

One of our daughters lives in Long Beach, Ca and she is a medical translator, Spanish to English, anyways, she was at an LA doctors office last week and the waiting area was packed, no separation between patients whatsoever, she went and waited in the car and had them call her when they were ready.  

Yeah that’s a shame. But...this is a thread on positive things.😉

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

My family seems to be doing a way better job of not wasting food. Not to say we were hugely wasteful to begin with, but we've been very careful over the last several weeks to only make or take what we need. We've also done a way better job of using our leftovers. That's certainly a good thing. 

Oh, and the Federal Tax deadline has been extended to July 15th. I guess that's a positive.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

14 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yeah that’s a shame. But...this is a thread on positive things.😉

HeHe yeah and I'm the one who started it. It's easy to get carried away. 

One of the more positive things I have going is I am able to spend more time with my Granddaughters,

Since they are out of school till next fall, we have lots of time to spend together working on different aspects of their sports game interests. 

The eye clinic called me last week, letting me know my appointment has been postponed, so now we have even more time have fun. 

Of course there is our youngest Granddaughter and her softball interests. She want to be a pitcher, so we work on that. That, and protecting herself from line drives hit back at her. 

Our next oldest Granddaughter is the golfer. She has progressed quite well over the past 8 months. We spend alot of time working on our short games together. Her long game pro is not working right now due to the virus. 

With the local weather finally getting better, it's about time to put the boat in the water, and all of us to catch up on our fishing tactics. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I think the courses around here will be in great shape when we finally get to play. Early season play does a number on the tees and greens. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I finally am getting around to spackle and paint my bedroom. Not sure it is a positive because spackling sucks. Ha ha. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

16 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I finally am getting around to spackle and paint my bedroom. Not sure it is a positive because spackling sucks. Ha ha. 

Around here Home Depot is open.   When people got the initial order that business were closed, many, many people headed to Home Depot to buy paint.   My friend's daughter mixed about 4 days worth of usual paint sales in 8 hours.    The Michigan governor had to demand people not run to the stores unless it was essential.    

On a positive note, I "heard" that Ohio has opened up their golf courses.   ya/nay?

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Early season play

In Florida we call that 7am.

Note: This thread is 1230 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!