IGNORED

Share Something Positive From This COVID-19 Mess

snapfade
Note: This thread is 1229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, dennyjones said:

Around here Home Depot is open.   When people got the initial order that business were closed, many, many people headed to Home Depot to buy paint.

Home repair type places have to stay open because if your water heater dies, or something like that, it's "life essential" to be able to fix it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air pollution is down across the world.

It's the golden age of being a pet, every owner is forced to stay home with them haha.

I'm appreciating the life I had before #QuarantineLife began, that's for sure.

Also, we can all finally write our novels/screenplays too* hehe. I'm zero pages into mine, which is another positive... for the world.

Otherwise though, I've been pretty negative about this whole thing, so thanks for starting a thread that forced me to go the other direction for once 😃 

*well, a lot of us anyway. 

Constantine

All these professional musicians from across genres streaming from their homes, it is cool to see what their places look like.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Mayor in town hit by tornado today said the shelter in place saved lives as a shopping center was hit. I guess there is good news there, in a convoluted sort of way....

Edited by Papa Steve 55

10 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

All these professional musicians from across genres streaming from their homes, it is cool to see what their places look like.

Not to mention all the folks on the news shows streaming from laptops in their homes.  Backgrounds can be pretty lame sometimes.  There's a lucrative business out there for someone to produce fake backdrops to hang on a wall.  The fireplace, the bookshelves, the wine cellar, the window view of a mountain or a golf course.  Views of oceans wouldn't work... needs wave action.

5 hours ago, Old Tom Senior said:

Indoor Putting Practice, i have thrice daily competition with her indoors, its the Masters this week.  

Welcome to TST.   How about an introduction.   

Does she let you win?  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I don't have to get up at 5:45 in the morning to get to school.  We are doing Digital Learning Days and the governor has just stated that schools will be closed in Georgia until April 24th, and a former administrator, who has gotten into consulting, told me that the general consensus is that they will simply call it for the rest of the year.  I teach Georgia History, so it doesn't really spiral like Math or Language Arts, so it's not critical for my eighth graders to have as they enter high school.  Also, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, our high-stakes test - the Georgia Milestones - have been suspended for this year.

The COVID-19 outbreak has allowed me to spend a lot more time with my own children.

Edited by bwdial

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Not to mention all the folks on the news shows streaming from laptops in their homes.  Backgrounds can be pretty lame sometimes.  There's a lucrative business out there for someone to produce fake backdrops to hang on a wall.  The fireplace, the bookshelves, the wine cellar, the window view of a mountain or a golf course.  Views of oceans wouldn't work... needs wave action.

They could use Zoom for video. Get to pick your own backdrop. I used a scene from James Bond Skyfall yesterday. 

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

5 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

They could use Zoom for video. Get to pick your own backdrop. I used a scene from James Bond Skyfall yesterday. 

Nice.  Green screen chroma key?  Were you on the news at 11:00?  Please post video...

Edited by Double Mocha Man

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Nice.  Were you on the news at 11:00?  Please post video...

Nah. Just getting used to the software, so zooming with family.

I’m assuming that we’re allowed to turn the company/app name into a verb, like we did “to google something.”

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

2 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

I’m assuming that we’re allowed to turn the company/app name into a verb, like we did “to google something.”

I believe you can be the first on the site!   Now we'll tell everyone "Zoom me"!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

10 minutes ago, Missouri Swede said:

Nah. Just getting used to the software, so zooming with family.

Have at it.  The more verbs in the dictionary the better.

7 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I believe you can be the first on the site!   Now we'll tell everyone "Zoom me"!

Edited by Double Mocha Man

I think there is a lot more posting going on these days. Everyone updating golf in their area and responding to topics. I'd be curious if there are site stats to support that.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

15 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

I’m watching my 8th episode of Bewitched today...

I still have a crush on Elizabeth Montgomery!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I learned how to cut my husband’s hair so he won’t have to pay someone else to do it anymore.

We are now more careful with food and enjoy every last bit of it.

I finally had time to organize the mess in my garage so we could move our extra car inside.

My husband and I both lost 3lbs since the beginning of this month...

This person playing golf on a farm in NZ. First time I've seen a ball hit off a pile of poop, fear not, it doesn't look too gross in the video. Warning, turn down volume or mute.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Luke Donald giving lessons.

Steve

Note: This thread is 1229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!