IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

deaths per 100k adjusted for age looks a lot different.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Wanzo said:

but yelling at the folks who aren't to change their mind isn't likely to work.  I think folks that are holding out would be more likely to get vaxxed, wear masks, not fight mandates etc. if there was a clear goal.

There is a clear goal: Limit the spread so fewer get sick and fewer die and the faster we can get back to normal.  I hate to say it, but many will never change their mind even if someone close to them dies from it.  Just like there are still people who believe the moon landing was faked of that the earth is flat.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

8 minutes ago, StuM said:

Just like there are still people who believe the moon landing was faked of that the earth is flat.

Chambers Bay proves that the earth isn't flat.

Yep, I think we've all fallen into camps by now... very few minds will be changed.  And what a sad thing that is.  But, then again, the moment of truth is coming in October when so many people need to be vaccinated or they lose their jobs.  It'll be interesting to see if there's a substantial uptick in vaccinations.

9 minutes ago, StuM said:

There is a clear goal: Limit the spread so fewer get sick and fewer die and the faster we can get back to normal.  I hate to say it, but many will never change their mind even if someone close to them dies from it.  Just like there are still people who believe the moon landing was faked of that the earth is flat.

Yeah, some states have tried to bribe them.   Lots of carrots out there to try and get people to do the right thing, including "getting the vaccine is not only about you, but your family and neighbors".   Dumb **** morons are going on respirators denying this is a problem, and then they'll never wake up.

General availability for vaccines in the US was sometime in April IRC.  It is now September.  I think the carrots were earlier in the summer.   At this point, my wife and I have dropped anyone who refuses unless a doctor told them to hold off on the vaccine for underlying problems.   I really don't think I should have to worry about my kids ending up critically ill or having long term symptoms because some jackass does their medical research on FaceBook while taking a crap.

—Adam

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Chambers Bay proves that the earth isn't flat.

Yep, I think we've all fallen into camps by now... very few minds will be changed.  And what a sad thing that is.  But, then again, the moment of truth is coming in October when so many people need to be vaccinated or they lose their jobs.  It'll be interesting to see if there's a substantial uptick in vaccinations.

I've been in a plane, looks flat to me!

Oh, somehow I think people will get the shot if their employer mandates it, and then will piss and moan like crazy.   But at least they get it.   Few will do fake vaccine cards....good luck to that.   For those that lose their jobs, well the world needs ditch diggers too.

I hate (sort of) to sound so harsh, but a lot of these people don't realize what harm is being done.   People who have other medical conditions are being turned away in hot spots.  Parents are counting the days until vaccines are available for younger kids.   Not to mention that people like my wife, an extrovert's extrovert feels completely depressed about the state of the world.   But she is still following the rules and taking it seriously, despite missing most social interaction.

—Adam

1 hour ago, StuM said:

I think that too many people look at this in a binary way, either something works or it doesn't work, when its really differing degrees of effectiveness.  The goal is to decrease infections, knowing they can't be eliminated, but the others say if its not eliminated, its a failure.  its not a lot different from golfers who think a driver will always be in the woods, but a 3 wood will always be in the fairway.  Smart, well-informed folks understand, lots of others don't.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 hour ago, imsys0042 said:

At this point, my wife and I have dropped anyone who refuses unless a doctor told them to hold off on the vaccine for underlying problems.

I’ve resisted dropping friends but it can be hard.  This past week after golf league I made a generic statement that masks help and are not a big deal when one of my friends pulled the “my friend is a surgical  nurse and she says no”. I countered with the decline in flu since wearing masks and his response was they are classifying flu as Covid to exaggerate the crisis”. I reminded him he had Covid and I did not and he just said that was coincidence snd his Covid was no worse than s cold.  I could have countered with multiple family & friends in medicine & multiple physicians as clients to counter him but You just Can’t win arguments with closed minded people so I dropped it.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

23 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

... and hopefully you dropped him.

No, I am still friends with him. However   I will be more cautious around him since I know he is not taking precautions.

Stuart M.

12 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

I guess I don’t understand dropping a friend over a disagreement.  That’s not something I don’t think I would do.

There are things I can disagree with and maintain a friendship. But not when it comes to my or my wife's life.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, mattm16 said:

I guess I don’t understand dropping a friend over a disagreement. That’s not something I don’t think I would do.

Depends on the disagreement.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Post in golf topics.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, imsys0042 said:

I've been in a plane, looks flat to me!

Oh, somehow I think people will get the shot if their employer mandates it, and then will piss and moan like crazy.   But at least they get it.   Few will do fake vaccine cards....good luck to that.   For those that lose their jobs, well the world needs ditch diggers too.

I hate (sort of) to sound so harsh, but a lot of these people don't realize what harm is being done.   People who have other medical conditions are being turned away in hot spots.  Parents are counting the days until vaccines are available for younger kids.   Not to mention that people like my wife, an extrovert's extrovert feels completely depressed about the state of the world.   But she is still following the rules and taking it seriously, despite missing most social interaction.

Well I think they simply don't care what harm or hardship they might cause for someone other than themselves, insurance companies are going to have to mandate this vaccine in order to qualify for coverage because the cost for treatment is just ridiculous expensive and our hospitals are being overrun with non vaccinated patients. I'm sure this will be fought all the way to the highest court in the land and to be honest we may have a 50-50 chance on this holding up.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

45 minutes ago, Zippo said:

There are things I can disagree with and maintain a friendship. But not when it comes to my or my wife's life.

Exactly a friend is not a friend when they wilfully put you and loved ones in harm's way, they should respect your wishes and not expose you or anyone important to you if they can't be certain they are not infected.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

43 minutes ago, flopster said:

Well I think they simply don't care what harm or hardship they might cause for someone other than themselves

They simply don’t believe it. And that may be even worse. I debate the benefits every day and debunk people’s ‘concerns’ over the vaccine and they all just refuse to believe. It’s catastrophically frustrating. And it’s the same ole nonsense too. Not enough research, I’m healthy and don’t have to worry, vaccinated people are still getting Covid, and then the crazy government conspiracy garbage pops up here and there. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge