• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
9dae9e6f1ce4f06a09ef7b234e80dc6f

KISS founder Gene Simmons has always had a sharp tongue, and he didn’t mince words during an appearance with host Steve Harkins on Talkshoplive’s Rock N’ Roll Channel when asked about his feelings...

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 11/12/2021 at 6:36 PM, iacas said:

Cool explanation and video.  The human body is amazing.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Here's some interesting stuff re: Covid:

We have a state Senator here in Washington state who is presently in a hospital in El Salvador where he contracted the coronavirus.  He is outspoken about refusing vaccines, mandates, mask wearing and distancing.  A golf course starter friend once wanted to pair me up with his twosome but I refused.

Anyway, he rejected the science of vaccinations and is now begging, from his hospital bed, for help in getting the science of monoclonal antibodies. He says he has a doctor there who can administer the antibodies via IV, but the product isn't available in El Salvador.

Sorry to rant, but we reap what we sow.

BTW, El Salvador has one of the highest Covid rates in the world. Why would you go there unvaccinated??? Nevertheless, I do hope he survives.

• Administrator
PGA-Tour-fired-reporter-COVID-vaccine.pn

Teryn Gregson, who has worked for the PGA Tour as a host and reporter, announced Monday that she had been fired by the organization for refusing to get

48 minutes ago, iacas said:

Teryn Gregson, who has worked for the PGA Tour as a host and reporter, announced Monday that she had been fired by the organization for...

I have a few issues with that article

1. Her being pregnant is irrelevant to the story IMO
  2. Two different quotes from the same article
    1. Teryn Gregson, who has worked for the PGA Tour as a host and reporter, announced Monday that she had been fired by the organization for refusing to get vaccinated for COVID
    2. While Gregson isn’t fully clear on whether the PGA Tour fired her for not getting vaccinated

Those two things directly contradict each other and is extremely misleading journalism.

Also I don't understand what religious exemption she could possibly need for not wearing a mask?

Seems like the pretty obvious solution for her to keep her job since she chose not to be vaccinated would have been to wear her mask at all times while at work and be tested weekly.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, klineka said:

Also I don't understand what religious exemption she could possibly need for not wearing a mask?

Yeah, I have no idea.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The first comment at the end of the article is a classic!  "Since the jab doesn’t prevent you from getting it, spreading it, getting hospitalized or dying from it. So why the discrimination?". This is how people argue these days. All of those things are true, but in vastly varying degrees, if you're vaccinated.  That's like saying Bryson DeChambeau and I play golf, so we're about the same.

11 minutes ago, klineka said:

Hmmm... some religions require a face covering and some religions apparently require you not to wear a face covering.  Go figure.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

This is how people argue these days.

Yep.

21 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Hmmm... some religions require a face covering and some religions apparently require you not to wear a face covering.  Go figure.

Except that after a brief look through her social media it appears she is Presbyterian, which as far as I know and could find in brief research, doesn't have any restrictions on not wearing face coverings.

I say good for the PGA Tour.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Teryn Gregson, who has worked for the PGA Tour as a host and reporter, announced Monday that she had been fired by the organization for refusing to get

The comments section of the article are already a cesspool of fake rage.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

35 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

The comments section of the article are already a cesspool of fake rage.

My college philosophy professor would have a field day with this.   It has so many appeals to false logic that any Vulcan reading it would have a brain seizure.   Cesspool is really a very timid word for what I saw in the comments.   

I love how many people think that someone  (gov't, shadowy organizations, the UN, etc...) is out to get them.   The people who think the government is micro-shipping them to track them are the people that we are trying to completely lose and get rid of.   Why microchip that?

—Adam

1 hour ago, imsys0042 said:

Cesspool is really a very timid word for what I saw in the comments.

Absolutely. I tried to use some restraint, although I'm not sure why, as it isn't really warranted.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

2 hours ago, klineka said:

Seems like the pretty obvious solution for her to keep her job since she chose not to be vaccinated would have been to wear her mask at all times while at work and be tested weekly.

I think that’s accurate.  She chose not to vaccinate and was unwilling to go along with the rules and couldn’t get an exemption to the vaccination requirement is how I read it.  

It’s going to get messy if the federal mandate sticks for employers and they have to track the unvaccinated and enforce a mask mandate for just them.   It’s an HR nightmare.  Who in the company has access to the info and who goes around enforcing?  The testing is not near as big of an issue.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet