IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I understand some people don't like the idea of people making money off the illness of others, but its more they make money on improving the quality of life, and in a lot of cases saving lives.Β 

Generally they hope to make money to pay for what it takes to fund the next project/product. There is definitely a bad side to pharma, but there’s also a lot of good people in it hoping to make our lives better.Β 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach;Β Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI
Β 
TeamΒ :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have heard that argument so many times.Β  It's tiresome.Β  It sounds like, "I won't take the vaccine because some corporations are making too much money."Β  Well, you know what, some people would pay millions to stay alive.Β  The vaccines are free to you William B.

Addendum:Β  Our anti mask, anti distancing, anti vaccine, anti believing State Senator who caught Covid in El Salvador and was eventually flown to Florida for treatment, has not been heard from in 3 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I have heard that argument so many times.Β  It's tiresome.Β  It sounds like, "I won't take the vaccine because some corporations are making too much money."Β  Well, you know what, some people would pay millions to stay alive.Β  The vaccines are free to you William B.

I didn't post to argue what is right or wrong with them making money, It was simply just a comment. BTW, I am supportive of capitalism. Here is another interesting aspect, (not sure if it is the same percentages today because I think this comment was made back in April) :

As of mid-April, wealthy countries had secured more than 87 percent of the more than 700 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines dispensed worldwide, while poor countries had received only 0.2 percent, according to theΒ World Health Organization. In wealthy countries, roughly one in four people has received a vaccine. In poor countries, the figure is one in 500.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Dude nobody's made that argument, and you're coming off not so great here.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

Dude nobody's made that argument, and you're coming off not so great here.

Many people have made that argument.Β  I was referring to that stance in general, not site specific.Β  I have aΒ  wide circle of friends and non-friends.Β  Some are anti-vaxxers and that is an argument they have made.Β  I hear everyone out.Β  It is a specious argument.

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I was referring to that stance in general, not site specific.

False.

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Yep William B, it's the American way... do you support capitalism?Β  They made a valuable product and there was high demand.Β  So what?Β  You should try to do theΒ  same.Β  Hopefully you got yourself some of dat valuable stuff...

P.S. - What did you pay for your vaccines?Β  If you got them...

… and…

2 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

The vaccines are free to you William B.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

False.

… and…

Nope.Β  With all due respect, I was referring to that stance in general.Β  William B just happened to bring it alive on the forum, so I addressed him specifically about it.Β  He has been vague in answering, but that is his prerogative.

43 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Many people have made that argument.Β  I was referring to that stance in general, not site specific.Β  I have aΒ  wide circle of friends and non-friends.Β  Some are anti-vaxxers and that is an argument they have made.Β  I hear everyone out.Β  It is a specious argument.

I never heard that argument once. So, maybe you just have the very small # of people who hole that opinion near you?Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Nope.Β  With all due respect, I was referring to that stance in general.Β  William B just happened to bring it alive on the forum, so I addressed him specifically about it.Β  He has been vague in answering, but that is his prerogative.

You weren't. Maybe you were in your head, but you either wrote poorly or something as the non-personal nature didn't make it onto the page. Now move on, please.

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

I never heard that argument once. So, maybe you just have the very small # of people who hole that opinion near you?Β 

I haven't either.

The vast majority of arguments for not getting COVID.Β 

1. Don't think they are safe.
2. Don't think COVID is that bad, so why get them.Β 
3. Vaccines do not give you 100% immunity, so why take them.Β 
4. Some religious reason.
5. Some half hearted reason, but mostly because that person is republican and just following along.Β 
6. Do not trust the government.
7. It's my choice not to take the vaccine, so leave me alone type of argument.Β 

Yea, those are about it for me.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

57 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

The vast majority of arguments for not getting COVID.Β 

1. Don't think they are safe.
2. Don't think COVID is that bad, so why get them.Β 
3. Vaccines do not give you 100% immunity, so why take them.Β 
4. Some religious reason.
5. Some half hearted reason, but mostly because that person is republican and just following along.Β 
6. Do not trust the government.
7. It's my choice not to take the vaccine, so leave me alone type of argument.Β 

Yea, those are about it for me.Β 

8. I'm pretty sure I already had Covid

9. Somebody I know had Covid and I didn't catch it from them so I must have natural immunity.

You could add to the list two more similar to:

- it’s just like a bad cold or the flu

- I’m in good health; I workout all the time, eat right, and take care of my body/Joe Rogan-type argument.Β 

I think more than a few of the top anti-vaxxers on social media are holistic, homeopathy, whatever you call it - alternative medicine adherents. I guess that would go under vaccines don’t provide complete immunity. Anti-vax because they have a vested financial interest in selling what it is they’re selling, etc… Was reading the bios of some of them and a few were former doctors, one headed an ER department.Β 
Β 

Don’t forget the 5G folks! I don’t want to be a walking antenna!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

14 minutes ago, WilliamB said:

Does anybody think covid-19 will eventually be eliminated? I don't think it will ever will be. It is just something we'll have to live with.

Small pox and polio seemed daunting, but they’re gone.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Small pox and polio seemed daunting, but they’re gone.

Polio still exists - primarily in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, WilliamB said:

Does anybody think covid-19 will eventually be eliminated? I don't think it will ever will be. It is just something we'll have to live with.

I think with further and further mutations, the virus will survive and will become more and more benign, to the point that it will be like the flu and a yearly vaccine that approximate the expected strains for the year might be needed and/or available to reduce the likelihoods of getting infected and that of getting really sick from it. Many people, particularly those at higher risks will keep taking that yearly dose, and many will ignore it, just like with the flu.

Eventually, the "COVID is just a flu" folks will be right, after maybe 10+ millions people will have died, some of them included. Until the next thing...

Philippe

:callaway:Β Maverick Driver,Β 3W, 5W Big BerthaΒ 
:mizuno:Β JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:Β  T7 55-09 and 60-10Β forged wedges,
:odyssey:Β #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)