• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

your early notice is a good thing, getting us in before the .gov site potentially crashes tomorrow

Ha ha, yeah, you're welcome. And yeah, that may just happen.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Also, be very very careful when ordering masks from Amazon.

fake-n95-2048px-4704.jpg?auto=webp&quali

Counterfeit medical-style masks may leave you less protected. Here’s what to look out for so you don’t waste money on fakes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No one said he was smart, just a good singer. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

No one said he was smart, just a good singer. 

I feel bad for those who end up dying from or having a horrible time with Covid after refusing to get vaccinated. I really do.

It doesn't necessarily mean you are an idiot or that you are a bad person. It could just be fear or perhaps being given very bad advice. To me it's very sad. We now live in a world where not only is everything politicalize. But also a world in which it is increasingly difficult to have a conversation about differing ideas without it disintegrating into emotional name calling and childish screaming, fingers in the ears, digging in deeper and deeper. Couple that with the fact that everything anyone writes or shares is forever attached to them and we also have a society in which it has become impossible to admit you are/were wrong about something. 

There are people who are actually happy when somebody dies just so they can say "Ha, I told you so". It's really sad. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0115%2Fr962016_1

This season, Aaron Rodgers has been brilliant on the field and unapologetically vocal off it. In an exclusive interview with ESPN, he explains why.

"When the president of the United States says, 'This is a pandemic of the unvaccinated,' it's because him and his constituents, which, I don't know how there are any if you watch any of his attempts at public speaking, but I guess he got 81 million votes," Rodgers said Thursday. "But when you say stuff like that, and then you have the CDC, which, how do you even trust them, but then they come out and talk about 75% of the COVID deaths have at least four comorbidities. And you still have this fake White House set saying that this is the pandemic of the unvaccinated, that's not helping the conversation."

(Editor's note: The CDC study found that in a group of 1.2 million people who were fully vaccinated between December 2020 and October 2021, 36 of them had a death associated with COVID-19 -- and that of those 36 people, 28, or about 78%, had at least four of eight risk factors.)

Just because you have a "different opinion" doesn't mean it needs to be taken seriously.

I love the parenthetical correction. 😛

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I feel bad for those who end up dying from or having a horrible time with Covid after refusing to get vaccinated. I really do.

It doesn't necessarily mean you are an idiot or that you are a bad person. It could just be fear or perhaps being given very bad advice. To me it's very sad. We now live in a world where not only is everything politicalize. But also a world in which it is increasingly difficult to have a conversation about differing ideas without it disintegrating into emotional name calling and childish screaming, fingers in the ears, digging in deeper and deeper. Couple that with the fact that everything anyone writes or shares is forever attached to them and we also have a society in which it has become impossible to admit you are/were wrong about something. 

There are people who are actually happy when somebody dies just so they can say "Ha, I told you so". It's really sad. 

I’ve really lost having sympathy for the anti-vaccine, anti-mask, anti-science people who die from this. They’ve had their chance and chose ignorant defiance instead of rational thinking and responsibility to their fellow human being. It’s like a guy who can’t swim defying the life guards who tell him not to go out in heavy surf and rip currents. They warn him and yet he still goes. And worse, the guards now risk their lives to save him.

Our health care workers and first responders have risked their lives for two years now trying to save lives. Everyday, they put themselves in harms way to save people from COVID. Many died early on doing this duty. And now it is preventable with vaccines and masks. And yet vocal anti-vax twits still harp on and con others to follow and then more die. It’s pathetic.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

13 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’ve really lost having sympathy for the anti-vaccine, anti-mask, anti-science people who die from this. They’ve had their chance and chose ignorant defiance instead of rational thinking and responsibility to their fellow human being. It’s like a guy who can’t swim defying the life guards who tell him not to go out in heavy surf and rip currents. They warn him and yet he still goes. And worse, the guards now risk their lives to save him.

Our health care workers and first responders have risked their lives for two years now trying to save lives. Everyday, they put themselves in harms way to save people from COVID. Many died early on doing this duty. And now it is preventable with vaccines and masks. And yet vocal anti-vax twits still harp on and con others to follow and then more die. It’s pathetic.

I get your point. I really do.

I'm trying to keep my sympathy because these folks MUST be getting bad information, or suffering from a deep deep distrust. There's no other explanation. 

There's a wealth of data. Plus, simple empirical data. For example, my kids are fully vaccinated, they both tested positive for Covid last week. So, they gotta stay home from school for isolation and what not. Each of them felt "crummy" for a day or so, and mostly have pretty mild cold like symptoms. A neighboring family had very a similar situation. All fully vaccinated, felt crummy for a day or so, pretty much just killing time after that until their quarantine period is over. Yet another neighboring family has unvaccinated kids. They caught the Covid and they were struggling with high fevers for days. All kinds of symptoms. It seems pretty obvious to me. 

I really struggle with wondering why anyone would need to be convinced that they should get vaccinated. But I'm trying to have sympathy for those that are getting bad intel. I can only imagine that they either think they are right, or they've gone so far down the rabbit hole they are afraid to just admit they were wrong and go ahead and get the shot. 

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I don't feel bad for them. I feel bad for their families. Ultimately, they're not the ones who will have to live their decision not to get vaccinated. Their families, on the other hand, do.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

46 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

But I'm trying to have sympathy for those that are getting bad intel. I can only imagine that they either think they are right, or they've gone so far down the rabbit hole they are afraid to just admit they were wrong and go ahead and get the shot. 

I have a couple of bar friends who went down that rabbit hole... and finally figured it out.  Then they got their shots and told nobody (except me, 'cause I'd never write about it on a national/international forum).  But the bizarre part is they continued to share misinformation with others...

Edited by Double Mocha Man

10 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I have a couple of bar friends who went down that rabbit hole... and finally figured it out.  Then they got their shots and told nobody (except me, 'cause I'd never write about it on a national/international forum).  But the bizarre part is they continued to share misinformation with others...

I think we live in a world where people just can't admit they are wrong. It's like people think less of you if you just say "Hey, I was wrong about that." 

For example, I was sure Ryan Leaf would be a better quarterback than Peyton Manning. .... Hmm... "Hey, I was wrong about that." 

On 1/13/2022 at 8:29 PM, bwdial said:

I found out a couple of hours ago that my eighty-three year old father has COVID.  This is after he told us on Tuesday that the nursing home that my mother is in had nearly 20 staff members AND nearly 20 patients had contracted it as well.  She doesn't have it... yet.

Aaaaannd... now two of our four kids are positive.  One had some sniffles for a while and the other had a day of feeling crappy, but now they are fine.  Fully vaccinated, but the concern I have is for unknown, long-term effects.  The boy was a triplet, and thus premature, and he had lung issues in the NICU.  I just hope that there isn't some impact that we don't see for a while.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Those graphs are pretty stark. 

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint: