IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Zippo said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but shingles is not really an "immune-system related issue" any more than measles would be, or malaria, or scarlet fever or polio, etc...

A covid vaccination is not going to give you shingles, if that's your concern.

Going back a few, five days after getting my second Pfizer shot, I got shingles.Β  My doctor-type-person nodded, and said something to the nature of, "Well, your immune system was being manipulated."

Did I not say that initially?Β  Let me go look . . . yup.

My doctor-type-person said that can happen when your immune system is being manipulated.

I'm asking if anyone here has had any side affects because there are some instances of shingles on the Internet.

Of course, I still have it, and have studied it, and for an unfortunate minority, it can linger for months/years.

But I do recommend that everyone should get the shingles vaccine, even younger people, as we know a 30-some-year-old who has it.

Man of the Year in MichiganΒ 

• Administrator

This topic isn’t aboutΒ shingles.

Start a different topic.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

On 3/16/2021 at 11:39 AM, Darkfrog said:

Exactly. Vaccination doesn't get us back to normal if we don't get enough people vaccinatedΒ to achieve herd immunity. Unless someone is legitimately unable to get vaccinated due to medical reasons, choosing not to get one is selfish.

Plenty of places have been β€œback to normal”, or extremely close to it,Β for a long time now.

Come on down and play some golf in Florida before it gets too hot!  😊

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

4 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Plenty of places have been β€œback to normal”, or extremely close to it,Β for a long time now.

When I was in Orlando in January, we noticed that things were "normal" in a lot of places.Β  To be honest, that was pretty scary, as the statistics were not reassuring at the time.Β  So we cooked in the condo, or got take-away.Β  But the weather wasn't bad, and golf was fun.Β  By the next time I travel for golf, we really will be getting back closer to normal.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Recent data showing that people in Michigan are going out and about at roughly the same levels as 2019 now. Dramatic increase in the last month. They aren't waiting for restrictions to lift or full vaccine rollout. Edited to add graph comparing case numbers. Does seem to correlate a bit recently, but people were largely staying home during the huge spike in October/November.

Ewriic_WUAUL63-.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-17 130535.jpg

Edited by Braivo
Added case graph.

- Mark

2 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Recent data showing that people in Michigan are going out and about at roughly the same levels as 2019 now. Dramatic increase in the last month. They aren't waiting for restrictions to lift or full vaccine rollout.Β 

Are the rates of infection going up?

- Shane

3 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Recent data showing that people in Michigan are going out and about at roughly the same levels as 2019 now. Dramatic increase in the last month. They aren't waiting for restrictions to lift or full vaccine rollout.Β 

Ewriic_WUAUL63-.jpg

Mass stupidity doesn't necessarily make it any safer...

8 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Are the rates of infection going up?

The chart he included at the end of his posts shows infection numbers increasing gently for about the past 3 weeks, after a long period of decline.Β  The moving average has just about doubled since Feb 21 or so.

Dave

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 

30 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

When I was in Orlando in January, we noticed that things were "normal" in a lot of places.Β  To be honest, that was pretty scary, as the statistics were not reassuring at the time.Β  So we cooked in the condo, or got take-away.Β  But the weather wasn't bad, and golf was fun.Β  By the next time I travel for golf, we really will be getting back closer to normal.

Glad you made it down!

I also believe thatΒ people should doΒ what they feel is best for themselves and their families, while allowing others to do the same. Β SoΒ good for you there too.
Β 

Hopefully next time you’re down here we’llΒ get to play!  😊

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind

I also believe thatΒ people should doΒ what they feel is best for themselves and their families, while allowing others to do the same. Β 

... as long as you're not breathing, sneezing or coughing on or near others... without a mask.Β  This is a case of "It's not fair to share".

37 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Just did, weather was great and so was going out to restaurants.Β Β 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I also believe thatΒ people should doΒ what they feel is best for themselves and their families, while allowing others to do the same.

We may differ in this.Β  I believe that at times its appropriate to require people to do what is needed for the overall good of the population.Β  Each of us does things that have the potential to impact the health of others, some limits on individual choice are appropriate.Β  An example, smoking in enclosed public spaces is prohibited, not to protect the health of the smoker but to protect the health of the other people.

Dave

5 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

... as long as you're not breathing, sneezing or coughing on or near others... without a mask.Β  This is a case of "It's not fair to share".

If I’m not wearing a mask, I promise I won’t run up and hug you. Β You canΒ distance yourself from me and/or wear your own mask, whateverΒ makes you feel comfortable. We’re all good. Β πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

For what it’s worth those of us who have opened up areΒ showing Covid stats very similar to those places that remain locked down. Β In some cases better.
Β 

Regardless though, again,Β everybody should do what makes them feel comfortable and safe for themselves and their family. No judgment on my part either way.

11 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Just did, weather was great and so was going out to restaurants.Β Β 

It’s 90Β° here today. I am so not ready for that yet!

In David's bag....

We’re eligible to apply as on Monday for 60 and older in Massachusetts.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

46 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Some places appear back to normalΒ due to local politics/public health strategy, but nowhereΒ is back to normal while there is a potentially lethal respiratory virus pandemic still ongoing throughout the world, including Florida. Viruses don't respect arbitrary lines on a map separating territories.

I've been to Florida a couple times before, but I was a kid and had never played golf before. My wife has a ton of family in Ponte Vedra who are all avid golfers, and I've been begging her for a spring break trip to visit for awhile. But she hates Florida because she used to spend her Summers there as a kid and didn't like the heat.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

30 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

The chart he included at the end of his posts shows infection numbers increasing gently for about the past 3 weeks, after a long period of decline.Β  The moving average has just about doubled since Feb 21 or so.

I see that now. Not sure why I didn't see it before.

- Shane

13 minutes ago, David in FL said:

For what it’s worth those of us who have opened up areΒ showing Covid stats very similar to those places that remain locked down. Β In some cases better.

I just took a look and saw that, I hope the trend continues and accelerates (that cases keep going down, in case that sounds contradictory somehow).Β Β 

Dave