IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

Right now the only side effect of the vaccine shot is my right arm hurting at the area I got the shot. Its very painful to try to raise my arm up, like if you are doing a shoulder exercise with dumbbells. 

Looks like opinions are shifting. I think this will happen as more and more people get the vaccine. It will soon look very uncool not to have gotten the vaccine. I think there will great social pressure from friends and family to get the vaccine. Not, them telling them they have to, but that they will be the few people who didn't get one. 

GettyImages-1231794024-16x9-1.jpg?w=700

In the first months of 2021, COVID-19 vaccine distribution efforts have taken a rapid hold across the U.S. with Americans, on the whole, increasingly...

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Right now the only side effect of the vaccine shot is my right arm hurting at the area I got the shot. Its very painful to try to raise my arm up, like if you are doing a shoulder exercise with dumbbells. 

After my first dose (Pfizer) I had the same thing, almost like someone had punched me in the shoulder.  I had my second dose on Monday, and had the same thing initially.  Monday night I had occasional chills, couldn't quite feel warm, and yesterday I felt fatigued all day.  None of these side effects were debilitating, more just annoying, and today I feel pretty normal.  From everything I read, this is all pretty normal

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

After my first dose (Pfizer) I had the same thing, almost like someone had punched me in the shoulder.  I had my second dose on Monday, and had the same thing initially.  Monday night I had occasional chills, couldn't quite feel warm, and yesterday I felt fatigued all day.  None of these side effects were debilitating, more just annoying, and today I feel pretty normal.  From everything I read, this is all pretty normal

Yea, when I got the Flu shot this year, my arm started to hurt like 2x later and only for like a day. This started hurting like 3 hours later and is still hurting. 

Glad I got this now, I got a golf trip in middle of April.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I think normal is very little reaction. We just hear about the reactions more.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

I thinks so as well.

At the site yesterday, there was one person who had to get medical attention with in 15 minutes after the shot. I think he was feeling dizzy. He had to lay down on the ground with his knees elevated. He was probably younger than me. Looked to be in his mid 20's. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I keep hearing and reading stories of people getting C19 after they have been fully vaccinated. Also continuing information on variants of the virus. People are also getting C19 for a second time as well. I am convinced C19 will be with us in a similar fashion as the flu virus. Yearly vaccinations, mask wearing, people getting sick, and some dying. This is our new way of life! 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

1 minute ago, Billy Z said:

I keep hearing and reading stories of people getting C19 after they have been fully vaccinated. Also continuing information on variants of the virus. People are also getting C19 for a second time as well. I am convinced C19 will be with us in a similar fashion as the flu virus. Yearly vaccinations, mask wearing, people getting sick, and some dying. This is our new way of life! 

1. Vaccines are not 100% effective. 
2. The odds of getting reinfected is some crazy small number. There was an article from the 4th quarter of last year that showed the odds of reinfection at 1.6 x 10^-7. Which is 0.00000016. Go stand out in an thunderstorm, the odds of getting COVID a 2nd time is 10x less likely than getting struck by lightning (for those who live in the US) 
3. Those who got reinfected are showing much midlier symptoms. So, there is a situation were those who got sick a 2nd time might show no symptoms at all. This makes sense since our bodies develop anit-bodies and have some way to combat some of the virus if it mutated. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

10 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

There's a whole lot we don't yet know.  As for people getting COVID after being vaccinated, that's to be expected of any vaccine that's not 100% effective.  I'm simply going to do what makes the most sense based on what we actually DO know, and let tomorrow take care of itself.  The researchers will continue to work, to understand the disease better, to develop treatments for those who become infected, and to develop and refine vaccines to minimize its spread.  I'd say its a little rash to predict the future when we know so little. 

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Unless you keep reading the same article or the articles you’re reading are fairly old, I don’t think you do.

See the above study about vaccinated medical professionals. They’re very high risk and almost none of them are getting new infections, even with the strains.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

44 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

I keep hearing and reading stories of people getting C19 after they have been fully vaccinated.

Let’s try to avoid statements like this. First, ‘hearing’...garbage. ‘Reading’...no. It’s going to happen as the vaccine isn’t 100% effective. You’re not continuing to read that people are getting infected despite being vaccinated. The cases that have been reported are of no alarm. They’re expected.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Got second shot last night in good ole Plattsburgh NY!
Arm was sore as it was the 1st time, but soreness was not as deep, and did not last as long.
So far (knocking on wood) not issues aside from feeling lethargic. But I am was up early and in the office.

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

This vaccine does not make you  immune to C19. it will lessen the effect if you catch it.
 Chatting with the nurse at the vax site, he indicated if you c get C19 after the vax, it will most likely keep you out of the hospital.

However, your miles may vary!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

47 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Let’s try to avoid statements like this. First, ‘hearing’...garbage. ‘Reading’...no. It’s going to happen as the vaccine isn’t 100% effective. You’re not continuing to read that people are getting infected despite being vaccinated. The cases that have been reported are of no alarm. They’re expected.

Yes, I agree, hearsay isn't the best policy. I guess what prompted me was talking to a nurse in the local hospital this morning, who passed on info that was sort of negative.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I still kinda like the Machiavellian concept of a vaccine "passport".  No shirt, no shoes, no vaccine passport, no service.  At restaurants, bars, stores, golf courses, ball games, etc.

That's a "no" for me.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I still kinda like the Machiavellian concept of a vaccine "passport".  No shirt, no shoes, no vaccine passport, no service.  At restaurants, bars, stores, golf courses, ball games, etc.

I agree with @NCGolfer, just no.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I do not think the general US Population is ready for that requirement, but I am not all that opposed to it.

17 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

That's a "no" for me.

Why?  It is your choice to either get the vaccine or not to get it.  Your choice results in your consequences.  If you do not want to be locked out of events, get the vaccine, if you are so adamant not to get the vaccine then accept the consequences.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

7 minutes ago, StuM said:

Why?  It is your choice to either get the vaccine or not to get it.  Your choice results in your consequences.  If you do not want to be locked out of events, get the vaccine, if you are so adamant not to get the vaccine then accept the consequences.

It's not about the choice of getting or not getting the vaccine.  I've gotten my first shot.

Much more about the implications of me being required to carry around a piece of paper or document...slippery slope as to what that piece of paper is going to have to have on it in the long run.  Trust your government to keep it simple?  Definitely should add flu vaccination status.  Should we also have them weigh us and put BMI on there since 80% of COVID hospitalizations are overweight and obese?  Maybe some other datapoints as we learn more about other diseases...blood type, vitamin d levels, diabetic, etc.

Get vaccinated.  Get to herd immunity.  No need to carry a damn card around.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

1 minute ago, NCGolfer said:

It's not about the choice of getting or not getting the vaccine.  I've gotten my first shot.

Much more about the implications of me being required to carry around a piece of paper or document...slippery slope as to what that piece of paper is going to have to have on it in the long run.  Trust your government to keep it simple?  Definitely should add flu vaccination status.  Should we also have them weigh us and put BMI on there since 80% of COVID hospitalizations are overweight and obese?  Maybe some other datapoints as we learn more about other diseases...blood type, vitamin d levels, diabetic, etc.

Get vaccinated.  Get to herd immunity.  No need to carry a damn card around.

As I have read this, the discussion of having a centralized proof of vaccination database is in response to a number of businesses who might consider restricting access to vaccinated people.  As long as a person doesn't choose to patronize those businesses, there's no need to be on the registry.  As a consumer, I may prefer to patronize businesses that DO try to keep out the un-vaccinated, although I hope my concerns are eased as a greater percentage of people do get the shots.  It may become a requirement for anyone who chooses to travel internationally (like a golf trip to St Andrews), so I'm likely to sign up. I have a feeling that the urgency of the concerns will fade before any kind of national registry ever gets launched.

Dave