IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

2 hours ago, David in FL said:

I’m glad that you’re comfortable with the decision you made.

I do hope that you realise that in disingenuously pretending to be calm and "polite" whilst all around you are flailing away in their misguided but cute attempts to make a wise and experienced person like yourself see reason makes you look like the worst possible stereotype of someone who embeds himself deeper in the mud by the minute. Just because you are not taking the bait and are ignoring the barbs and insults doesn't mean you are occupying any high ground. Certainly not one of a moral nature, anyway. 

When are you going to present some information that would suggest - just SUGGEST, not prove  - that taking the vaccine is probably not a prudent thing to do.

We are waiting. Very calmly, very politely. Bet you can't do it.

Edited by Shorty

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

And I'd be very happy to carry a card saying I'd had the vaccine. What's the downside? Being made to feel like a pariah because you refuse to act responsibly?

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

I hope it doesn't come to having to carry the vaccine card but at this point the people that aren't vaccinated have had the opportunity (except for a few exceptions) and are taking the risks upon themselves.    I've done my part to protect myself, family and friends.   

At the state government level, states can certainly do this, although several have banned covid passports. As to private businesses, the EEOC has already said that the private sector can require vaccinations of their employees, so there’s no real need for a passport. As to the federal level, I doubt Congress would pass legislation mandating passports because public health and safety largely falls to the respective states. Moreover, the White House is on record stating that there will be no passport mandate via executive order or a passport database. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

At the state government level, states can certainly do this, although several have banned covid passports. As to private businesses, the EEOC has already said that the private sector can require vaccinations of their employees, so there’s no real need for a passport. As to the federal level, I doubt Congress would pass legislation mandating passports because public health and safety largely falls to the respective states. Moreover, the White House is on record stating that there will be no passport mandate via executive order or a passport database. 

I am sure that it wouldn't be mandated.

I don't think one should be allowed to travel internationally without proof of vaccination.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Just now, Shorty said:

I don't think one should be allowed to travel internationally without proof of vaccination.

That’s up to the respective governments to determine. Many countries only require proof of a negative test. 

1 hour ago, ncates00 said:

That’s up to the respective governments to determine. Many countries only require proof of a negative test. 

Which is essentially useless.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Ironically, it’s more likely that the vaccine will be mandated if less of the population gets it. If 70% willingly get it, we’re probably fine. If only 50% do, we may have to think about requiring it. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I had posted this earlier, but here it is again.  It’s likely that variants will dramatically affect the efficacy of current vaccines.

1040-210204_COVID_Mass_Vaccine_Clinic-22

One of the reasons some people haven’t signed up to receive the COVID-19 vaccine is that they’re worried there might be unknown side effects that will show up months or years later. Although...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

There’s a cruel cosmic irony in that you’re worried about the variants making the vaccine less effective when the best way to avoid further variants is to get the damn vaccine. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

DAVID, MY ARTICLE BEATS YOUR ARTICLE.

The most serious vaccine side effects in history have all been caught within six weeks, said Dr. Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center at the Children's Hospital in Philadelphia and a member of the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee.

10575039_050321-wpvi-busting-vaccine-myt

Here are some of the most popular arguments for not getting vaccinated and why doctors want to set the record straight.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

There’s a cruel cosmic irony in that you’re worried about the variants making the vaccine less effective when the best way to avoid further variants is to get the damn vaccine. 

Seriously.

Also, we saw your post earlier, @David in FL, but it's as dumb the second time as it was the first time.

In addition to what Dan said above, here is another article from the WHO:

The text in bold is quotes from that article:

The COVID-19 vaccines that are currently in development or have been approved are expected to provide at least some protection against new virus variants because these vaccines elicit a broad immune response involving a range of antibodies and cells.

Hmmmm.

How can we prevent future new variants of the COVID-19 virus?

Stopping the spread at the source remains key. Current measures to reduce transmission – including frequent hand washing, wearing a mask, physical distancing, good ventilation and avoiding crowded places or closed settings – continue to work against new variants by reducing the amount of viral transmission and therefore also reducing opportunities for the virus to mutate.

Scaling up vaccine manufacturing and rolling out vaccines as quickly and widely as possible will also be critical ways of protecting people before they are exposed to the virus and the risk of new variants.

Why is it important to get vaccinated even if there are new variants of the virus?

Vaccines are a critical tool in the battle against COVID-19, and there are clear public health and lifesaving benefits to using the tools we already have. We must not put off getting vaccinated because of our concerns about new variants, and we must proceed with vaccination even if the vaccines may be somewhat less effective against some of the COVID-19 virus variants.

So the scorecard:

Vaccinated people:

• Are nearly 100% protected from the majority of strains/variants of COVID-19.
  • Are "somewhat" protected against every variant of COVID-19.
  • Have a very low chance of catching COVID and an even lower chance of passing it on to someone.
  • Are helping to reduce the creation of new variants.

Dave's peeps:

• Aren't protected at all against the majority of strains/variants of COVID-19.
  • Aren't protected against any variant.
  • Have only a reduced chance of catching COVID-19 because other people are being good members of society and getting vaccinated.
  • Are not helping to reduce the creation of new variants.

Your "we don't know how the vaccine handles new variants" is a bullshit excuse not to get vaccinated because every vaccine out there is more effective against every variant than not getting vaccinated at all. You're being selfish while conning yourself into thinking you're being "prudent." Nobody would rationally define "prudent" the way you're choosing to. Nobody who understands the mountains of data out there. What you are calling "prudent" is what most may call "selfish."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That’s a solid post Erik. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

For those in the know: What is the severity of the case for those who have been vaccinated and have contracted covid19? Is there reliable data?

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Just now, Billy Z said:

For those in the know: What is the severity of the case for those who have been vaccinated and have contracted covid19? Is there reliable data?

Everything I've read says that getting Covid-19, after being vaccinated, results in mild symptoms and no hospitalization.  And total survivability.  

10 hours ago, Billy Z said:

Ask the New York Yankees!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Good article:

That is the vaccines working as designed. While they don’t eliminate the possibility of becoming infected, they virtually eliminate the risk of severe disease and death by preparing your immune system to fight the virus so it can respond more quickly and strongly. Cases that would have been hospitalizations become colds, and symptomatic cases become asymptomatic. Most infections are avoided entirely. The vaccine works like a strong head wind from the outfield, turning homers into doubles and doubles into harmless fly outs. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Yeah, just to add….it should make any contracted case mild,  but if you have underlying health conditions you should still consider masking and distancing.   I believe that would be something like an immune compromised person, not any random problem.   And even so, having the vaccine can only help.

—Adam

Michael Lewis' (Moneyball, The Big Short) new book on the response to the pandemic - here is a mini-preview in a podcast episode.

6000.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8

The author and journalist Michael Lewis discusses reporting on a group of individuals who tried to alert the US government to the dangers of its...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.