IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

The above is the first I've heard of booster shots.  Hopefully I find a place to get one that doesn't involve over a half hour's drive to a city named Corona like my first two shots.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.

Vaccinated Americans overwhelmingly blame the unvaccinated for rising Covid-19 cases and the spread of new variants, according to a new Axios-Ipsos poll.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 8/1/2021 at 5:57 PM, Shindig said:

The above is the first I've heard of booster shots.  Hopefully I find a place to get one that doesn't involve over a half hour's drive to a city named Corona like my first two shots.

Wow, where I live everything is a half hour drive. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Just now, ChetlovesMer said:

Wow, where I live everything is a half hour drive. 

Where I used to live, Los Angeles, a half hour drive might get you 2-3 miles depending on the time of day.  Now I'm south of there and half an hour is a good distance away.  If I didn't cross county lines that trip, I came close -- there's a golf course near there where the first nine is in one county and the second nine is in the other.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just an aside.  Bumped into an old friend on the practice green on Saturday.  Told him I was playing at 9:20 on Monday and that he was welcome to join me.  I let him know I'd be using a power cart because of a torn meniscus.

Overnight I start thinking about the guy... a conspiracy theorist, crypto currency guy, etc., etc.  Though he did sell Mercedes' at a dealership once.  How mainstream is that?

He shows up Monday morning.  I hop in the cart, clubs strapped in.  In short order Jeff straps on his clubs and hops in.  I say, "Jeff, gotta ask you a difficult and potentially rude question... are you vaccinated?"  "Hell no!"  So I told him I'd pay for a 2nd cart for him. 

He was good with that and understood.  Great round... had a lot of fun.  But at 6 feet.

• Administrator
1*DcUAzPx6tO7loJgQYjpdKg.jpeg

Covid vaccines are incredibly effective. The media’s overhyping of new research from the CDC is making people think otherwise.

When the CDC changed its guidance on masking earlier this week — recommending, among other things, that even vaccinated people start wearing masks in indoor public spaces in areas of substantial to high Covid transmission — it cited “unpublished data” as a reason for its decision. The next day, the internal CDC document that seems to have prompted the shift was published — by the Washington Post. And when major news media got a look at, the message they sent vaccinated people was pretty simple: “Panic!”

This reaction was not justified by the actual data in the CDC document. It did show that the Delta variant was, as we’ve known for some time now, far more contagious than previous Covid variants, and that the Covid vaccines were less effective against Delta than they’d been against previous variants. But on the whole, the data strengthened the already-impeccable real-world case for vaccination. The document found that the vaccines are 75–80% effective against Delta, meaning that unvaccinated people are 3x-4x more likely to get infected with Covid. It estimated that vaccinated people are one-eighth as likely to develop even mild symptomatic Covid. And most important, it showed that vaccinated people are 25 times less likely than unvaccinated people to be hospitalized with Covid or to die from it.

If you haven't already, get vaccinated.

7 hours ago, iacas said:
1*DcUAzPx6tO7loJgQYjpdKg.jpeg

Covid vaccines are incredibly effective. The media’s overhyping of new research from the CDC is making people think otherwise.

If you haven't already, get vaccinated.

Interesting stuff here..

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

11 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Just an aside.  Bumped into an old friend on the practice green on Saturday.  Told him I was playing at 9:20 on Monday and that he was welcome to join me.  I let him know I'd be using a power cart because of a torn meniscus.

Overnight I start thinking about the guy... a conspiracy theorist, crypto currency guy, etc., etc.  Though he did sell Mercedes' at a dealership once.  How mainstream is that?

He shows up Monday morning.  I hop in the cart, clubs strapped in.  In short order Jeff straps on his clubs and hops in.  I say, "Jeff, gotta ask you a difficult and potentially rude question... are you vaccinated?"  "Hell no!"  So I told him I'd pay for a 2nd cart for him. 

He was good with that and understood.  Great round... had a lot of fun.  But at 6 feet.

I am surprised that they let you do that.  Courses around me say "2 golfers; 1 cart".  There is no negotiation.  My parents aren't vaccinated, and I golf with my Dad, and in the same cart.  No worries from me.

2 hours ago, mattm16 said:

No worries from me.

Well, there were worries from me. We paid extra for an extra cart, there were plenty to spare.  There's a new variant of the virus out there right now... very contagious.  I don't have time to be dying in a hospital.  I have tee times coming up.  Your dad's potential viral load doesn't care if you are his son.  Good luck out there.

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Well, there were worries from me. We paid extra for an extra cart, there were plenty to spare.  There's a new variant of the virus out there right now... very contagious.  I don't have time to be dying in a hospital.  I have tee times coming up.  Your dad's potential viral load doesn't care if you are his son.  Good luck out there.

Thanks.  I just know that course say "2 People - 1 Cart by me".  I'm not sure where you are from, but that is nice that they let you do that.

Really good Podcast on validity of the vaccine, and the non validity of those spouting praise for Ivermectin when the data is highly suspect. 

600x600wp.png

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I knew the Delta variant would be taking over most of the COVID cases when it was first identified.  So I kept on wearing a mask even after I got vaccinated.  Some people asked me why I was wearing a mask even after being fully vaccinated.

I told them that vaccine is not 100% guarantee and there were too many people that are not vaccinated and walking around without a mask.

Now, while the Lambda variant has not taken roots here yet, that is another variant that may cause another surge. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Home Depot is requiring all working personnel including contractors to wear a mask.   They are also asking all visitors to wear a mask.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

But DeChambeau, 27, said he does not regret his decision not to get vaccinated for the coronavirus.

"The vaccine doesn't necessarily prevent it from happening," DeChambeau told a few reporters after his nine-hole pro-am round at TPC Southwind on Wednesday. "I'm young enough, I'd rather give it [the vaccine] to people who need it. I don't need it. I'm a healthy, young individual that will continue to work on my health.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0618%2Fr869227_1

A positive COVID-19 test kept Bryson DeChambeau from competing in the Olympics and still has him searching to regain energy as he...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

A positive COVID-19 test kept Bryson DeChambeau from competing in the Olympics and still has him searching to regain energy as he...

What a dipsh*t. See what happens when you don’t graduate college.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Where are the @David in FL folks- to tell us how great FL is going?

2021-08-02T215252Z_668555236_RC26XO91CWR

The number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida rose to an all-time high of 11,515 patients in one day, according to data the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released Tuesday.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

5 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

This was, admittedly, my first reaction when I found out I was about to be eligible for the vaccine:  I'm young, I'm relatively healthy, wouldn't vaccinating me at this time ("this time" being early March of 2021 for the first shot) keep someone who is more at-risk from getting a vaccine, when they'd have higher need?

As soon as I found out (it took an hour, tops;  one call to someone knowledgeable on the topic) that supply wasn't the limiting factor, I made my appointment.   I had my second shot more than four months ago now.

At least in the U.S., supply isn't the issue.  If your reason to not get it is worrying that you're taking it from someone who needs it more, not to worry -- you can both get the vaccine, no problem. 

But as was pointed out elsewhere in this thread (and in others), Bryson might not have been burdened with an overabundance of schooling. 

-- Michael | My swing!