IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

My husband is a Radiation Oncologist. Normally he’d not be in close/direct contact with covid patients, but due to the recent surge in cases, his hospital reassigned all doctors to the covid surge team to cover the ICU. That bumped him up to tier 1 to get the vaccine. He got it last week and is doing fine. No allergic reaction or side effects so far. His staff in the cancer center are tier 2 and will not get the vaccine for another few weeks. 
I don’t think all doctors of any specialty will automatically get it right away unless the hospital has enough doses after all frontline workers are vaccinated.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator

So I'm hearing and reading from others…

In some places only 40% of hospital workers are getting the vaccine, and since it has a 5-day shelf life, rather than throwing it out, hospitals (etc.) are giving them to the hospital accountants, or IT guys, or whatever… not frontline workers, per se, just people they know who will get the shot so it doesn't go to waste.

Others estimate that while I should be getting a vaccine in like June, I may be able to get it in MARCH because so few eligible people are getting it.

What the heck, people?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Logistics are always overlooked. We spent so much time accelerating this no one did a good job at setting hip the how. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Are they staggering the vaccine to workers as a precaution?  just a thought.

Our hospital is trying to vaccinate when people have the following 1-2 days off.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

My wife's mother just passed away from covid yesterday. Covid is not going to be over for a long time, maybe never like the flu. 

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

My wife's mother just passed away from covid yesterday. Covid is not going to be over for a long time, maybe never like the flu. 

So sorry to hear that. Please accept my condolences.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Billy Z said:

Sorry to hear about your MIL.

I do think we can see the end of it though. It’s not the flu.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, Billy Z said:

So sorry for you loss.

• Administrator
Coronavirus-entry-banner-on-OWID-backgro

Tracking COVID-19 vaccination rates is crucial to understand the scale of protection against the virus, and how this is distributed across the global population.

614k vaccinations given in the U.S. as of yesterday.

If I didn't have COVID right now, I probably would have gotten vaccinated today. At least the person who most likely infected me got vaccinated today.

Fortunately my symptoms have been mild. If it wasn't COVID, I might not have missed any work. Hopefully I will be back next week and maybe I will get vaccinated then.

It is weird isolating from your own family at home. Christmas will be weirder.

War Eagle!

My mother in law passed yesterday evening after it settled in her lungs after fighting it for 10 days. She was 87, her home said she contracted it from a night nurse that didn't know she had it. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Edsland said:

My mother in law passed yesterday evening after it settled in her lungs after fighting it for 10 days. She was 87, her home said she contracted it from a night nurse that didn't know she had it. 

So sorry to hear that.

6 hours ago, Edsland said:

So story for your loss.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave