IGNORED

Justin Thomas Curses and in 2021 Uses Homophobic Slurs

iacas

F&#%  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a problem or dislike Justin Thomas (or anyone else, really) cursing on TV while playing golf?

• Yes, it's a problem.
    • No, no problem here.

1 minute ago, Billy Z said:

Maybe he has eyes for JT?

For a very well known brand ambassador of RLX, It was a curious comment

4 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Maybe he has eyes for JT?

For a famous and well known brand ambassador, it was a curious comment

Site / phone locked up and reloaded — Couldn’t tell if original reply posted.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I voted yes.  I believe public cursing is offensive.  I know it happens, understandable at times, but not OK.  But that seems to be a minority opinion, but it is mine.

Butch

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Shorty said:

And I don't think they'd engage in tax evasion and illegal activity in this scenario either.

He's not implying that.

He's saying they may have said something like "we'll sign you in a year again once all this settles down/passes, assuming you don't say something else asinine in the meantime."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, iacas said:

Then why contribute to it?

And why are the people who think it should be deleted or move on bumping it?

That’s not this. Not remotely.

Dumbass.

Why?

Because one particular word offends you while the another doesn’t?

Words are just words.  Context matters.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

11 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Why?

You keep saying this David. Yet you are angered that people are offended by some words. That implies you are offended by their response. Yes it offends you that they don’t shrug off the word that they find offensive but you find trivial. So you are being exactly like the people you are mocking.

This one word doesn’t need context. Words have consequences. Words can put you in jail. Words have started wars. Words have ended friendships. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Why?

Words are just words.

Except that they’re not.

Also, it doesn’t offend me.

Keep going. See how many other facts you can get wrong.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

39 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

You keep saying this David. Yet you are angered that people are offended by some words. That implies you are offended by their response. Yes it offends you that they don’t shrug off the word that they find offensive but you find trivial. So you are being exactly like the people you are mocking.

This one word doesn’t need context. Words have consequences. Words can put you in jail. Words have started wars. Words have ended friendships. 

Angered?  Good grief, not at all. 

Disappointed maybe.  Taking offense is the new national past time.  It would be amusing if it weren’t so prevalent and so sad.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

Why?

Yes and it isn't necessary.  I won't dispute his right to say whatever he likes, but I also have a right to not like it.  Like a lot of things we have a right to do, just because you can doesn't mean you should.  Lot of ways to express anger, profane language is only one of them.

Edited by ghalfaire
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Butch

3 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Angered?  Good grief, not at all. 

Disappointed maybe.  Taking offense is the new national past time.  It would be amusing if it weren’t so prevalent and so sad.

And you seemed to have joined the team. You are taking offense at them.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

12 hours ago, Slim_Pivot said:

What do you think Luke Donald (respected brand ambassador) meant by this comment?

He isn’t with RL any more. Luke is with Greyson. I think JT is wearing Greyson as well but without an endorsement perhaps (given no logos). I think that is what Luke was getting at. 

Edited by ncates00
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

14 hours ago, Groundhog34 said:

How many fa**ots play golf? Who cares. Anyone who claims that they have never said fa**ot or putts like a little girl when leaving a putt short is lying.

I probably spoke like this back before I knew better. This was around 1985!
I use a lot of bad word on the golf course. F*#K, C@^T, $h*T. sometimes I have a bad enough round I string these words together in what can be described as spectacular cursing.

What I don't do, is use any racial or homophobic slurs.
This is because they are not in my vocabular. I am aware of the words, I know they exist, I just have no need to use them. 
I find people who slip up like Justin Thomas have racial and homophobic slurs readily available in their vocabulary. This means that the word in front and center in their memory bank, because they probably use it in other instances of their life.

There is a reason I have never slipped up and blurted F@gg*t or N#gg@r or K%ke, because they are simply not acceptable.

I understand words are just words. Context matters.

I have no use for Justin Thomas or anyone who feels it is appropriate to have those words in their vocabulary. 

• Thumbs Up 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

4 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Words have consequences. Words can put you in jail. Words have started wars. Words have ended friendships. 

3 hours ago, David in FL said:

Taking offense is the new national past time.  It would be amusing if it weren’t so prevalent and so sad.

Contextually (big word), I think somewhere in the middle of these two statements lies a good position to stand on. Words do make a difference, can hurt feelings, can start wars, can end friendships, so we should select wisely before we speak. With that in mind, we have an overly sensitive society that gets offended to easily and wants blood when they are offended. Brand individual offenders for life! I think both sides need to back off a bit. The Washington Football Team, lol, what a joke!

• Like 1

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I find it comical that folks (not necessarily you) find that our society has suddenly become sensitive. We’ve always been sensitive to words and actions. Duels have been fought over remarks. Feuds have been waged over words. Lynchings and murder have occurred. Wars have started over remarks since the dawn of language. The only difference is now, in the last 50 years or so, the minority here has a voice and some protection again disparagement. 

We can shrug it off as being overly sensitive, but none of us has been discriminated against or beat up and called this word because we are gay at least as far as I know. Same applies to racial slurs. Some see it as just words until others take it to discrimination or assault and battery or worse.

We are not being sensitive. We are being civilized. 

Good points, but just don't go overboard with it. I mean, should we allow a biological man to go into the women's room because he identifies as a woman, and we are afraid to say no because we might offend him? and other similar situations?

typo, sheesh

Edited by Billy Z

3 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Good points, but just don't go overboard with it. I mean, should we allow a biological man to go into the women's room because he identifies as a woman, and we are afraid to say no because we might offend him? and other similar situations?

This is probably heading into the political commentary realm and might be getting off-topic here. This thread is about JT cursing, not gender identity topic. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

This is probably heading into the political commentary realm and might be getting off-topic here. This thread is about JT cursing, not gender identity topic. 

Fair enough, I was just trying to relate to the aspect of the possibility of folks being oversensitive to JT's situation. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Z said:

Fair enough, I was just trying to relate to the aspect of the possibility of folks being oversensitive to JT's situation. 

Hard to be oversensitive when he drops one of the few words there is really no good reason to ever say. Maybe if there was a college course on the historical use of curse words and their impact on society you may have an excuse to say it. 

Also, there isn't much talk at all about him saying this word in the news (normal or sports). The only thing that happened to him was one of his sponsors made a business decision to drop him. Yea, I don't see the overreaction here. 

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: