bkuehn1952

Your Lowest Nine Holes (Regulation Course)

48 posts / 1470 viewsLast Reply

Let me start this with I have never shot par or under par for 9 holes on a regulation sized 9 holes of golf. 

Having said that I do have a whole bunch of 37's. 

I had (3) 9-hole rounds of 37 two years ago. One of which I remember really well I was 2 under standing on the 9th tee box... I made a triple. 

The very first 9 holes I played this year. I played at Bent Tree Golf Course, and shot a 37 on the front side. I actually recorded every shot for a course VLOG. You can see it here:

Oddly, I didn't feel like I hit it all that great on route to that 37 on the front 9 of Bent Tree. At the time I felt like I got a few breaks. That AND I'm not really sure the 37 is completely "According to Hoyle". I used a putter cup rather than putt at the actual hole. So, there's that. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

45 has been my best score for nine, can't break 90 for some reason, (maybe because I suck at golf, LOL).

39 a couple of times. I'm horrifically consistent at shooting 40 or 41 though. If only I could put a 39 and a 40 together. 

I can't honestly remember if it's my lowest 9 hole score, but shot a 38 on the front yesterday, and followed that up with a 42 on the back, ugh.

Many years ago I carded a 32 on the front 9 at the Casablanca GC in Mesquite, NV. 

It was a short lived accomplishment, as I followed that up with a 40 on the back 9.

Probably one of the better chances I ever had to break par on a legit 18 hole golf course. 

Mine is -1 at 33 (par 34, with 3 par 3s and 1 par 5).  Quickly went +4 (40) on the back 9, though...

A 43 on a par 72 front nine.

Even par on a front nine par 68 (front nine par 35)

40 on the back 9 where I shot 53 on the front...

I’ve had a couple of times where I was +1 coming to the 7th tee to just instantly implode and finish the front 9 with +8 or +10. 

Our senior assoc. that I play in has a game for the front and back..  Low gross= net = skins =stableford = 5 clubs and a putter......... On one we had  low gross front and stroke play on the back........ Has a 32-37  par is 72  best 18 hole round for me.........

4 under

Really thought I had "figured it out," but the game long since humbled me and continues to.

If I can birdie once a round now I'll be cocky all day 💪

On 8/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, Missouri Swede said:

I know I've shot 3-over for a 39.  i don't think I've done any better than that.  Yet.

Update: 2-over 37 (par 35).  Double bogey on hole 10.  So I played the last 8 even. 3 birdies helped.2051912355_2overpar.jpg.da6ff795e35f9bd79e0df31decc30f01.jpg

I shot a couple of one under scores on par 36 (regulation course in Connecticut and one in Salt Lake City) back in the 80s. Best 18 was 3 over par 72 back in my college days. Frustrating part was that I bogeyed the last two holes - ugh. =;^0.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.