IGNORED

2020 U.S. Open at Winged Foot

iacas
Note: This thread is 1311 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The US Open is shared with The Golf Channel and NBC. Golf Channel you pay for with subscription and NBC coverage is free. If you cant "watch" the golf, and subscribe to Sirius Satellite Radio, the PGATOUR Radio channel coverage is excellent. In the UK the TV coverage is NOT free. They must pay for it on their SKY Cable subscription or listen to highlights on BBC Radio, which is free. 

It’s on Golf Channel here in Rhode Island. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It’s on Golf Channel here in Rhode Island. 

And Peacock.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

I'd like to think these guys are mentally strong enough to understand that the situation will be different and if they don't shoot under par that it won't be a bad thing.

You know I'm rooting for Tiger but let's go Phil!!!!

If Tiger misses the cut I honestly wouldn't mind Fil winning.

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

And Peacock.

And streaming on usopen.com

Colin P.

3 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Agreed

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Wow, nice s***k by Wu there..... ouch... couldn't imagine that

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Completely out on Phil after what he did at the U.S. Open a few years back. Was out on him at the start, started to like him, and then he did a few things including hitting the rolling ball and bullshitted after that, so I'm fully back out again.

• Like 2

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Completely out on Phil after what he did at the U.S. Open a few years back. Was out on him at the start, started to like him, and then he did a few things including hitting the rolling ball and bullshitted after that, so I'm fully back out again.

He took the 2-stroke penalty, so what's the big deal?  How's it any different than any other breach of the rules?  Could've been worse; he could've thrown a club and hit a fan like others have.

Luv FIGJAM....he's too funny.

Saw this Amstel Light and Lefty commercial on GC this week...though it was released back in Feb...it's too funny...but the shorter version is better...but I can't find it.....enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

He took the 2-stroke penalty, so what's the big deal?  How's it any different than any other breach of the rules?  Could've been worse; he could've thrown a club and hit a fan like others have.

I’m not re-litigating that. It was an incredibly douchey move and his comments after the fact were even more so.

3 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

Luv FIGJAM....he's too funny.

Saw this Amstel Light and Lefty commercial on GC this week...though it was released back in Feb...it's too funny...but the shorter version is better...but I can't find it.....enjoy.

If I were Nick Faldo or Paul Azinger, Id be nervous about my job. Both NBC and CBS are gonna make a push for Phil just like they did Tony Romo in the NFL. He’s got the personality to succeed in that position and I think he’d consider doing it part-time for now, full-time down the road.

2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

He’s got the personality to succeed in that position and I think he’d consider doing it part-time for now, full-time down the road.

Agreed

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Phil seems like a phony to me. I used to be neutral on him, but now with his social media persona and the ridiculous sunglasses, can't stand him.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

If I were to guess, I’d say NBC makes the bigger push. I don’t know if they’re thrilled with Zinger and Phil/Feherty would be entertaining. Plus NBC doesn’t air in the meat of the season. They do mostly the Florida swing, Opens, and Fed Ex playoffs.

This rough is BRUTAL!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Honestly, I think it was a pretty severe breach of etiquette.  It was petty and he had given up.

4 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

He’s got the personality to succeed in that position and I think he’d consider doing it part-time for now, full-time down the road.

I do like his general personality. That stunt though was annoying.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

C’mon Tiger, let’s get a birdie train going!

-Jonny

15 minutes ago, phillyk said:

I do like his general personality. That stunt though was annoying.

Yeah, maybe. I don’t know. Didn’t really change my opinion of him any which has always been pretty neutral. There’s parts of Phil I like and parts I don’t.  I think the commentator Phil just suits him well and would be popular with fans. Him and Feherty would be great on NBC given their dry humor.

I’m very surprised with Tiger and Rory but it’s a good surprise. Thought both these guys would be well over-par by now. Still worried about tomorrow though. Have a feeling by the end of it no one will be under par. Tomorrow looks brutal.

Edited by ChrisP

Note: This thread is 1311 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!