IGNORED

TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 18-23, 2021)

Okay,

As much as I hate to do this, I need to back out. It looks like my Las Vegas trip has come together and I can't do 2 week long golf trips in one year. So, I'm going to respectfully move myself to the Rat Scoundrels list. I didn't think I'd be able to do the Vegas trip but the Vaccine roll-out has been faster than expected and it has worked out that I'm going to go. So, my apologies. 

Updated list

1. @cipher
  2. @iacas
  3. @DeadMan
  4. @GolfLug
  5. @DaveP043
  6. @Slim_Pivot
  7. @Hardspoon
  8. @criley4way
  9. @billchao
  10. open
  11. open
  12. open

Rat Scoundrels We Might Let Back In if they Change Their Minds Again:

1. @mvmac
  2. @TN94z
  3. @jsgolfer
  4. @klineka
  5. @ChetlovesMer
  • Booooooooo 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few pictures from Lawsonia yesterday that don’t do the place any justice:  

Thanks for the outstanding week!! Absolute dream golf trip.

Added myself to the list of going! I can make it work 🙂 Updated list @cipher @iacas @DeadMan @GolfLug @DaveP043 @Slim_Pivot @Hardspoon @bill

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

BTW, @DeadMan flying out even earlier, no?

4:20, but if we're done by 1, that should be fine. I have pre-check, and it doesn't sound like getting through the airport should be a problem. 

8 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@billchao, @DeadMan  @DaveP0432 hour drive from LL to MKE. So estimating have to be done by 1 pm. If we can tee off at 8:30 am..ish.

Let's not forget, its about a 2-1/2 hour drive from the lake house to Lawsonia.  I'm starting to wonder if, for those of us who are flying out of MKE on the Friday, we may want to stay at a hotel fairly close to Lawsonia on Thursday night, and try to play really early.  I remember reading that @iacas and @cipher will be playing Lawsonia and heading back to the lake house, so schedule isn't as critical, but for those of us with a plane to catch its a little different.  Plenty of time to think it over and make a choice.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Let's not forget, its about a 2-1/2 hour drive from the lake house to Lawsonia.  I'm starting to wonder if, for those of us who are flying out of MKE on the Friday, we may want to stay at a hotel fairly close to Lawsonia on Thursday night, and try to play really early.  I remember reading that @iacas and @cipher will be playing Lawsonia and heading back to the lake house, so schedule isn't as critical, but for those of us with a plane to catch its a little different.  Plenty of time to think it over and make a choice.

There is the option to stay on site. 

It's a little spartan, but it would probably work if we want to go that route.

The other option, which may be more convenient for flying out of MKE, would be to play Erin Hills. That's going to be way more expensive than Lawsonia. Looks like rates there are around $300.

Edited by DeadMan

2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

There is the option to stay on site. 

It's a little spartan, but it would probably work if we want to go that route.

I tried that, just to get a rate, and the endless scrolling wouldn't let me select dates.  But I agree, spartan is fine for one night.  Its certainly something to talk about.  

Just now, DaveP043 said:

I tried that, just to get a rate, and the endless scrolling wouldn't let me select dates.  But I agree, spartan is fine for one night.  Its certainly something to talk about.  

I somehow overcame that. It was $110 for 2 beds, $200 for 4 beds.

Just now, DeadMan said:

Perfectly reasonable to me.

27 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

We will likely not be going back to the lake house after Lawsonia, I live much closer to Lawsonia than the lake house and I think on that Friday people will either be going to Lawsonia or flying out.  If anyone is planning on playing Lawsonia and then flying out Saturday, it will likely require a hotel Friday night maybe in Milwaukee somewhere.  

18 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

That’s fine by me if we want to go that route.

53 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Good here..

37 minutes ago, cipher said:

We will likely not be going back to the lake house after Lawsonia, I live much closer to Lawsonia than the lake house and I think on that Friday people will either be going to Lawsonia or flying out.  If anyone is planning on playing Lawsonia and then flying out Saturday, it will likely require a hotel Friday night maybe in Milwaukee somewhere.  

Thursday too.. for some of us.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cipher said:

I read that, just didn't quite grasp what Erik meant, now I understand better.  At this stage, it looks like 4 of us are planning to fly out Friday afternoon/evening.  That would be me, @GolfLug, @DeadMan, and @billchao.  If I've left someone out, I hope he'll jump in and correct me.

• Like 1

I can't tell from the website if the rooms are cancellable. If I have some time later today, I'll call them and see what that policy is. If we can cancel it, I will probably go ahead and book the 4 beds option for that night, knowing that we can cancel it later.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I can't tell from the website if the rooms are cancellable. If I have some time later today, I'll call them and see what that policy is. If we can cancel it, I will probably go ahead and book the 4 beds option for that night, knowing that we can cancel it later.

I sent an enquiry through their system too, asking about that data, 4 people, and an early tee time on the Links.  Should we maybe set up a separate thread, or maybe a private group chat, so everyone isn't exposed to our arrangements?

2 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I sent an enquiry through their system too, asking about that data, 4 people, and an early tee time on the Links.  Should we maybe set up a separate thread, or maybe a private group chat, so everyone isn't exposed to our arrangements?

Probably a good idea. I'll start a PM with you, @GolfLug, and @billchao. If anyone else is interested in these arrangements, let me know, and I'll add you.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
8 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

6 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

In the topic is fine. With a supporting PM topic.

Nate and John and I (currently) are playing Lawsonia on the way back to Nate’s actual house Friday.

Just now, iacas said:

In the topic is fine. With a supporting PM topic.

Nate and John and I (currently) are playing Lawsonia on the way back to Nate’s actual house Friday.

I inquired about staying overnight at Lawsonia and playing on that Friday.  I just got a response, saying that both courses at Lawsonia are closed on that Friday.  If we're playing, I guess it will be somewhere else.  Back to the drawing board!

• Funny 1
  • Booooooooo 1

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I inquired about staying overnight at Lawsonia and playing on that Friday.  I just got a response, saying that both courses at Lawsonia are closed on that Friday.  If we're playing, I guess it will be somewhere else.  Back to the drawing board!

If Lawsonia is out, would anyone like to play Erin Hills? It’s expensive and I’m probably not going to be clamoring for more golf by the end of the trip, but this might be the only opportunity for me to play there.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, billchao said:

If Lawsonia is out, would anyone like to play Erin Hills? It’s expensive and I’m probably not going to be clamoring for more golf by the end of the trip, but this might be the only opportunity for me to play there.

Maybe.

I'll check with Nate and John.

Not that the rest of you can't do something different than we're doing.

• iacas changed the title to TST Takes on Sand Valley, WI (July 18-23, 2021)