IGNORED

New Senior Driver

jest
Note: This thread is 1216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lost confidence in my Epic Flash.   I'm getting older and losing some distance.  I would like to find a new driver with a great shaft to add some distance off the tee.  Any suggestions or recommendations?

27 minutes ago, jest said:

Lost confidence in my Epic Flash.   I'm getting older and losing some distance.  I would like to find a new driver with a great shaft to add some distance off the tee.  Any suggestions or recommendations?

Based on their advertising I'd check out XXIO.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, jest said:

Why did you lose confidence?

Most likely… work on the golf swing. Equipment can only do so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, jest said:

Any suggestions or recommendations?

My recommendations to everyone is to go to the store and work with any knowledgeable sales rep by testing various drivers. Using trackman for the various stats will give you the best starting point when making a selection.

Swing speed will help determine the proper shaft. Then select a driver model which gives you the best launch and spin. Try various shaft lengths also, typically a shorter length will be better for control.

Happy testing and good luck.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

On 12/13/2020 at 9:51 AM, Club Rat said:

My recommendations to everyone is to go to the store and work with any knowledgeable sales rep by testing various drivers. Using trackman for the various stats will give you the best starting point when making a selection.

Swing speed will help determine the proper shaft. Then select a driver model which gives you the best launch and spin. Try various shaft lengths also, typically a shorter length will be better for control.

Happy testing and good luck.

Don’t be afraid to look at women’s heads either.  A lot of Seniors look at loft , shaft weight and flex which are all well and good but pay attention to head weight.  If you do work with a fitter or someone at a golf store, please bring that up and try it.  I think that’s where  XXIO is getting a lot of its customers from... those choosing an overall lighter weight club.

Another option if you’re looking at clubs is Krank golf.  They sell driver heads for slower swing speed.  They are not legal but if you are playing for your own enjoyment you should check out their website.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Don’t be afraid to look at women’s heads either.  A lot of Seniors look at loft , shaft weight and flex which are all well and good but pay attention to head weight.  If you do work with a fitter or someone at a golf store, please bring that up and try it.  I think that’s where  XXIO is getting a lot of its customers from... those choosing an overall lighter weight club.

Another option if you’re looking at clubs is Krank golf.  They sell driver heads for slower swing speed.  They are not legal but if you are playing for your own enjoyment you should check out their website.

Are senior heads the same weight as men’s standard heads? I recall some companies had lighter heads. With weights, maybe they are the same now and they just change the weight.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 12/12/2020 at 7:04 PM, jest said:

I mean....do I have to do this again? COME ON! The obvious solution:

3E2EAA33-58BC-417C-A96F-8A8B3FB5B9E3.thumb.jpeg.bee45268893b6b7aae4b95745a4cc7e1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Are senior heads the same weight as men’s standard heads? I recall some companies had lighter heads. With weights, maybe they are the same now and they just change the weight.

I be never heard of senior heads, only men’s , women’s and juniors.  If they did I would think it would have to put and “s” or something on the model to know it’s senior.  Looks like men’s but is women’s weight... great idea!!

BTW, have you checked out Krank take on heads for slower swing speeds?  It is interesting.

Edited by Typhoon92

18 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

I be never heard of senior heads, only men’s , women’s and juniors.  If they did I would think it would have to put and “s” or something on the model to know it’s senior.  Looks like men’s but is women’s weight... great idea!!

BTW, have you checked out Krank take on heads for slower swing speeds?  It is interesting.

I haven’t, but will. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

38 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

Are you referring to the COR "trampoline effect" of the clubface, on the non-conforming model?  It's like buying pastrami.  You can get the face sliced thin.  And on the drivers used in the Long Drive Competitions you get the thick face so it doesn't cave in.

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I mean....do I have to do this again? COME ON! The obvious solution:

3E2EAA33-58BC-417C-A96F-8A8B3FB5B9E3.thumb.jpeg.bee45268893b6b7aae4b95745a4cc7e1.jpeg

Wow! Just imagine that head on an AutoFlex shaft. Awesome!

Well, I went to a club fitter today to check out the driver selection.  We talked over different models, this years and what was coming next year.  I hit the Ping, King Cobra and the Taylor Made.  All were ok, nothing great.  They asked me if I had my driver with me and I did.  I got my Callaway Epic Flash and hit it using the same Trac Man.  All my data was better than any of the others.  They laughed and told me to come back next year and try again with the newer models.  A new Epic Flash comes out in January.  I told them they weren't much of a salesmen.  Actually, that's the reason I go there.  They want to help you with your game.  Not sell you something.  Thanks for all your responses.  I'll try again in January.😁

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Are you referring to the COR "trampoline effect" of the clubface, on the non-conforming model?  It's like buying pastrami.  You can get the face sliced thin.  And on the drivers used in the Long Drive Competitions you get the thick face so it doesn't cave in.

What I found most interesting was the speed at which a driver head performs correctly at. 

1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

Have you tried these?😆

I'll wait for the Hammer version of the EZee Golf Club so I can get more than 225 yards on my drives... more like 340.  I hear it uses small cannon charges.  Talk about a concealed weapon on a golf course...

Edited by Double Mocha Man

A couple of years ago I shortened my Titleist 915D2 driver to 44”. I changed the screw in sole weight (red 7g) to (black 14g). I was told this would help me feel the club in my back swing better. This improved my shot control, but I lost yardage. Could that change have cost me swing speed?

I actually hit my Titleist 917F 16.5* three metal farther than my driver.

Note: This thread is 1216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!