IGNORED

2021 Masters

On 4/1/2021 at 3:43 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

The most important part of the Masters Tournament has just been decided.  I'm there for the lobster & corn fritters, miso-marinated sea bass and the peach cobbler.

masters menu.jpg

I gotta say that sounds pretty damned good.

Filet Mignon is one of my all time favs. ... As i have said on many many occasions; "You put dead cow in front of me and I know what to do." 

• Like 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll give a free TST towel to the first person who names the winner (full name, not just last name) and the correct winning score in relation to par. Only one entry per person, and your first ent

The most important part of the Masters Tournament has just been decided.  I'm there for the lobster & corn fritters, miso-marinated sea bass and the peach cobbler.

Liver, fava beans and a nice chianti.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Billy Z said:

How would you like to have dinner "Served in Your Honor"?

Through a tube for all my competitors...

Anyone else think the naming of holes is ridiculously pretentious? Oh well, I guess it suits the venue.

3 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Anyone else think the naming of holes is ridiculously pretentious? Oh well, I guess it suits the venue.

Yes. Many other things about the venue too, like “patrons”. But I still love watching it. 

• Like 2

I like that the course is essentially in the middle of a city but when you watch the tournament you'd think it was in the wilderness.  Composition and framing count for a lot...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, colin007 said:

A couple of courses I play do that. I really don’t pay attention to them.

14 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

A couple of courses I play do that. I really don’t pay attention to them.

My home course has names for every hole, but I think “Canyon Disaster” is less pretentious than “Nandina”.

294CD859-74E7-4D7E-B0F1-96DEF3471E18.thumb.jpeg.a79f4eb783ef265ed98ab9423d6622b1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• Administrator
10 hours ago, colin007 said:

No. Lots of courses do this.

10 hours ago, Darkfrog said:

Yes. Many other things about the venue too, like “patrons”. But I still love watching it. 

To a point, I agree, especially terms like "patrons' viewing area" rather than "grandstand", or the banning of words like "mud" in favour of "earth".

I despise the suckholing and sycophancy of the commentators more than whatever the organisers lay down as verbal law for the week.

You only really ever hear commentators referring to the holes by their floral names, so that's a non issue. We all think about 12, 13, 15 and 16, not whatever the alternative titles are.

BUT....... regarding the "patrons", the most important thing to remember is that it's all about making the best possible experience for people who go to watch the tournament. And that's no bad thing.

"The Making of The Masters" is well worth reading.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Shorty said:

BUT....... regarding the "patrons", the most important thing to remember is that it's all about making the best possible experience for people who go to watch the tournament. And that's no bad thing.

Yes, and I imagine being a “patron” in the “viewing area” is probably one of the best fan experiences possible in golf. No cell phones, no dumbasses yelling ba ba booey mashed potatoes, or get in the hole, I’ve heard there are good and reasonably priced concessions, and the club sets a high bar for behavior and etiquette among those lucky enough to get passes.

I don’t care about all the pomp that goes on at tournaments, I want to know if club throwing professionals will throw a club at Augusta? Seen two do it at the Palero this morning, did you see it?

I have been to a Super Bowl, game 7's of the Stanley Cup, National championships in college football and World Series games and the only sporting event I have ever been to that exceeded my expectations is the Masters. Augusta National is absolutely perfect. It almost doesn't look real.  Unfortunately,  it might be the toughest ticket in sports. Hell, the practice rounds were better than any other sporting event I have been to. To me it's the best week of the year!

• Like 2

When I searched for Drive Chip & Putt, this is the first thread that came up. Do top juniors look to compete in this, or would it be seen as beneath them? I look at the 15& up bracket contenders and they don’t strike me as top collegiate recruits. Anyone have insight into this program?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

When I searched for Drive Chip & Putt, this is the first thread that came up. Do top juniors look to compete in this, or would it be seen as beneath them? I look at the 15& up bracket contenders and they don’t strike me as top collegiate recruits. Anyone have insight into this program?

Yes, many do. It's only a few days in a year and you get a chance to go to Augusta National.

Not all, of course, but many of the "all" are international people. DCP is mostly U.S.-based (with some parts of Canada coming in to compete, though maybe not so much last year).

(edited)
4 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Any junior who thinks that ANY competition is "beneath" them has no future. A visit to Augusta would be the dream of most young golfers.

And....... there are many hundreds of highly talented 15 and up golfers. I don't think that competing in DC&P is going to be seen as a black mark against their names.😉

It's all about inclusivity and "growing the game", and, like the ANWA it's a wonderful thing that can only do good for the game.

Edited by Shorty

On 4/3/2021 at 8:50 AM, colin007 said:

I think it's awesome.  It also helped me once, albeit not to a great extent.  When I was in school, I went to a job fair looking to get interviews for summer internships.  One company had "Firethorn" on their pens and such and was looking for people in my field, so I stopped to talk to them.  At one point, I asked them how things were in Georgia and if they are enjoying their trip out to California.  The representative was impressed that I had done my research and knew anything about their company (I got the interview;  I don't remember if I got the job, but I didn't end up working there).   I didn't tell them that I was taking a guess because of a certain par-5.

Anyway, I like the naming of the holes.  I am tempted to give names to the holes at my home course, but I don't know if anyone else would adopt them.  I have only decided the name of one such hole, though, and that's the 18th, which is Palmer-to-Patricia (this is a nickname;  the full name is quite longer).   I do use other terminology, like "first nine" and "second nine" when I can -- I like the way they sound. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Any junior who thinks that ANY competition is "beneath" them has no future.

Not remotely true.