IGNORED

Tiger Woods in Car Crash in California

Herkimer
Note: This thread is 1108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rippy_72 said:

Have you looked at the aerial photos of the roadway?

If you look back through this topic you’ll see I posted aerial photos and maps of the area.

Have you reviewed the safety systems of the vehicle?  Do you understand how they are supposed to work?

I do.

Do you realize it has been reported by police that there were no skid marks?

Yep. So far, you’re striking out here buddy. Before we get too far into it, I have a question for you: did you see the part where I asked you/told you to stop with the speculation?

Isn't this very odd?

I provided a few possibilities why there might not be any skid marks. Plus, you can’t get skid marks if the car is in the air.

Pray tell how a vehicle with active collision avoidance and active steering gets you into a ditch, after crossing multiple lanes, across the central median, thru two oncoming lanes?  No skid marks?

I gave some possibilities. And until we know more… actually, even then, we don’t deal in speculation here. And that feels like the bulk of what you’re offering.

I consider your perspective pure speculation if you haven't looked at those facts.

Strike three. I’ve seen them all. Where is your fact that the “motor was in his lap”? Oh, don’t have one? In fact, it directly contradicts the sheriff and deputy who said “the passenger cabin was largely intact”?

No more speculation.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I think this is St Andrews

ziregolf_153163119_279573706885439_6265455824585937821_n.jpg

That is simply impressive. 

I'm always surprised when something like this happens how many folks do impressive things to show their support. Good for them. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator

Here’s a larger image:

I’ve run on that beach. And I played that song while I did it, yes. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I think this is St Andrews

ziregolf_153163119_279573706885439_6265455824585937821_n.jpg

Very Impressive, Is he one of the guys that does the crop circles?  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Thankfully you didn’t have dinner with a proctologist!

Sounds like they got to him quick enough to avoid amputation issues. I also think that being his right leg makes it more hopeful for full recovery for golf. Left leg is another story.

Lol. Yeah compartmental syndrome can get serious real fast...loss of limb. Luckily it appears his treatment was expedited. When all is over he’ll look like the terminator in those airport scanners.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

23 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

When all is over he’ll look like the terminator in those airport scanners.

terminator GIF

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I'm guessing his back did not appreciate all the jolting and rolling...

We can hope his body works like in the movies and the jolting and rolling put stuff back in order.

No reason to speculate about reasons, assists on or off etc. They will release the info they can when they got it. The fact a car ran off the road says nothing about safety levels. Assistants can be turned off and you can force the car off the road. No matter how much equipment a car has, the person behind the wheel is the operator.

With Tiger not being one to disclose every detail of his medical state and operations, who knows how much we’ll really know in the end. Not that the details are all that interesting.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Very sad indeed. I am surprised he doesn't have a personal assistant to make sure he gets to his appointments. Wake him up if needed, lay out his clothes, and for certain drive him to his destinations.

I rely on my wife when traveling on vacation. She makes all of the plane, car, and hotel arrangements. I don't know what time the plane departs usually until the day before. I would let her drive, but she goes too fast for my comfort. I drive like Steve Stricker in that Avis commercial.

• Administrator

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Rory’s been killin’ it for awhile now. Pretty hard not to like him. He’s made some great comments and seems to have a very good attitude and really a good ambassador for golf.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

woods-rollover-crash-kabc-jef-210223_161

Golfing great Tiger Woods was hurt in a rollover car crash in Southern California Tuesday...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

I've always said an "accident" is when a meteor hits your house.  Almost everything else you have some control over.

What is the point of this?-So it was not an accident even though that is what we call things like this-Auto Accidents?

Is anyone else as annoyed by the talking heads worrying or wondering when he can play golf again?-Dude is 45. Will be 46 before he can do much of anything athletic again.-I just hope he can walk relatively normally and pain free.--Lord knows I can not. Shut up about the golf. He is done and if by some miracle he is not then okay-But that would be a bonus to end all bonuses.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Phil McGleno said:

What is the point of this?-So it was not an accident even though that is what we call things like this-Auto Accidents?

Is anyone else as annoyed by the talking heads worrying or wondering when he can play golf again?-Dude is 45. Will be 46 before he can do much of anything athletic again.-I just hope he can walk relatively normally and pain free.--Lord knows I can not. Shut up about the golf. He is done and if by some miracle he is not then okay-But that would be a bonus to end all bonuses.

Well, the word "accident" is a misnomer.  Overly used by the human race to discount things we may have had a hand in.  In Tiger's case it is said he was going fast (the speed limit there is 45mph).  And apparently, he must have been somewhat inattentive to his surroundings, including the steep downhill slope.  If I'm skiing too fast, a bit out of control, and hit a tree, that is not an accident.  I could have prevented it.  What we don't know is if Tiger's brakes failed or if there was tire failure.  Since it wasn't his car and he had faith he was provided with a safe and fully-functioning car, then we could call it an accident.

So Mr. McGleno, let's call it an auto "crash".  More accurate.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

• Administrator
tiger2-scaled.jpg

It’s natural to wonder if and worry about whether Tiger Woods will ever play competitively again, but there are also other more relevant questions.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Well, the word "accident" is a misnomer.  Overly used by the human race to discount things we may have had a hand in.  In Tiger's case it is said he was going fast (the speed limit there is 45mph).  And apparently, he must have been somewhat inattentive to his surroundings, including the steep downhill slope.  If I'm skiing too fast, a bit out of control, and hit a tree, that is not an accident.  I could have prevented it.  What we don't know is if Tiger's brakes failed or if there was tire failure.  Since it wasn't his car and he had faith he was provided with a safe and fully-functioning car, then we could call it an accident.

So Mr. McGleno, let's call it an auto "crash".  More accurate.

Do you think Tiger intentionally crashed his car? No? Then it’s an accident. 

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!