IGNORED

Board Games

saevel25

When we do a game night, I like…

• Mexican Train
  • Ticket to Ride
  • and Rummikub

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

Replying to join this thread I just discovered (and so I can follow). I have over 500 board games, and at one point probably had close to 2,000. Golf and board games are easily my two biggest (in terms of time and $ spent) hobbies. It has been a family affair for a long time - both of my sons are also still big table top gamers and are in their 20s. I even owned a game publishing company for a few years and was the original publisher of Incan Gold.

My favorite family style games these days are Wingspan, Viticulture, 7 Wonders, Fantastic Factories, and Kingdomino. I also play a lot of strategic war games, with Advanced Squad Leader being my favorite.

-Chris Brooks

I've blogged about my wanderings since 2003. I love roaming throughout the USA looking for remote public golf courses to play.

When I was a younger man....I used to play a game called "Axis and Allies" with some friends. You basically fought World War 2 over. It would literally take days to finish that game. We had a great time playing that game.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

11 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

When I was a younger man....I used to play a game called "Axis and Allies" with some friends. You basically fought World War 2 over. It would literally take days to finish that game. We had a great time playing that game.

I've played nearly every version of this game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

12 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I've played nearly every version of this game. 

Same here. They hold up very well. I was a play tester for Axis & Allies D-Day, a lighter version that you can play in about 2 hours.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Chris Brooks

I've blogged about my wanderings since 2003. I love roaming throughout the USA looking for remote public golf courses to play.

11 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

I used to play with a number of people.   My mother got so frustrated because she couldn't win that I caught her cheating.   Still, great game.

• Thumbs Up 1

—Adam

• 7 months later...

Been playing a bunch of Gloomhaven over the last 4-6 months.  I have the digital version of it though, I think the physical version would be a minor nightmare to play with all the stuff to keep track of.  Great game regardless.

Catan is probably my favorite. I used to play it every night with my godsister and her boyfriend. I wasn’t great at it but I loved to play it.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

18 minutes ago, Strandly said:

Been playing a bunch of Gloomhaven over the last 4-6 months.  I have the digital version of it though, I think the physical version would be a minor nightmare to play with all the stuff to keep track of.  Great game regardless.

The in-person is a lot of fun, but it is definitely some accounting.  We switched to playing on Roll20 during Covid, and still do.  

I have come to realize I enjoy the socializing aspect of board games more than the actual games a lot of the time.  But Gloomhaven is still fun even online. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 2 years later...

Great games! My wife and I played through Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 during the start of COVID pandemic.

New-ish social word games that I recommend (both cooperative): So Clover! and Just One.

-Chris Brooks

On 3/27/2021 at 4:35 PM, boogielicious said:

We also like card games like Mille Bourne

My whole family likes Mille Bourne. We've done family tournaments.

I've always enjoyed Euchre too. My company has an annual Euchre tournament. 

My kids like Monopoly. I like it too, but my wife makes me let the kids win.  ... BTW - How old do your kids have to be before you no longer have to let them win at Monopoly? Cuz, I keep suggesting to my wife that I should be allowed to smoke them by now. 

Our family also plays Blokus Trigon a lot, a bunch of Spy Alley and a bit of Azul. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

16 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

How old do your kids have to be before you no longer have to let them win at Monopoly?

I’ve never really let my kids win at anything deliberately. I mostly just played games a little bit more casually just to try to match their ability to strategize, but if they won it wasn’t because I threw the game or anything.

I don’t feel like my kids need to or should win all the time. That’s not how life works, and the sooner they learn that, the better off they will be.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I don’t feel like my kids need to or should win all the time. That’s not how life works, and the sooner they learn that, the better off they will be.

I agree. 

I think I'll trounce them at Monology tonight. ... Bwahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.