IGNORED

Brooks-Bryson Feud

ncates00
Note: This thread is 888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, ncates00 said:

BDC made a funny poke at BK, and BK was a dick. It's that simple.

Prove it. Prove his intent was playful. 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, iacas said:

It wasn’t playful. They’ve been feuding for years.

Maybe but it wasn't a total asshole move after the final round as @saevel25 thought.

Just now, saevel25 said:

Prove it. 

I thought it was funny. Case closed. The fact that BK didn't find it funny doesn't make it any less funny. And as I already showed you--it wasn't an "asshole" move after the final round.

Just now, ncates00 said:

Maybe but it wasn't a total asshole move after the final round as @saevel25 thought.

Still a dick move to basically photo bomb during an interview and make a snide comment. Basically, he was being an asshole. He knew what he was doing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

1 minute ago, saevel25 said:

Prove his intent was playful. 

Seemed like it to me, but I wasn't there. I know there's some bad blood there, but you can't have it both ways by saying "this is great drama" and then out of the other side of your mouth say BDC was an asshole, but then justify BK. Even if I concede that there was some intent, it's not as bad as you initially thought it was.

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Still a dick move to basically photo bomb during an interview and make a snide comment. Basically, he was being an asshole. He knew what he was doing. 

Dude, it's a freaking walkway. 

Just now, ncates00 said:

Seemed like it to me, but I wasn't there. I know there's some bad blood there, but you can't have it both ways by saying "this is great drama" and then out of the other side of your mouth say BDC was an asshole, but then justify BK. Even if I concede that there was some intent, it's not as bad as you initially thought it was.

Absolutely I can. I enjoy the drama of it. I thought BK's reaction was hilarious. I can still call it a dick move. It's like dark humor. I can say it is 100% inappropriate, but still laugh about it because it still is funny. The comedy was an asshole for making the joke, but still hilarious. Good job BDC, you brought us entertainment, but you still were an asshole to BK there. Its not hard to have it both ways. It just takes a bit of compartmentalizing. 

3 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Yea, I have walked around people trying to take group photo's before. You know, it is rude to just walk past people like that. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

17 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

So, you just lost to Phil after trying to mount a comeback in the final 4 holes at one of the hardest golf courses in the world. You are being interviewed because you have to, not because you want to. You are trying to answer a question, and what seems to be like a person who doesn't like you and you do not like them walks past you, on camera, and throws some shade. 

So I ask, is that playful jab, or BDC just being an asshole. 

To me, BK has every right to take it personally. It's not like he stopped in frame, with a smile, jokingly saying something. He walked past, not even glancing at the camera, said something that the he probably only wanted BK to hear. No, to me BDC was way out of line. I personally like this sort of banter and edginess in sports. I can like it, and still say BDC is an asshole. 

The interview in question took place on Friday.  A question to ask is who at Golf Channel released this take? And why? (we probably know why)

• Funny 1

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

BDC made a funny poke at BK, and BK was a dick. It's that simple.

Except it’s not.

12 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Yup. Needling. BDC was a tool just then.

10 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

Did others speak to someone actively being interviewed?

I’m all down for it, but both were being bitches.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Absolutely I can. I enjoy the drama of it. I thought BK's reaction was hilarious. I can still call it a dick move. It's like dark humor. I can say it is 100% inappropriate, but still laugh about it because it still is funny. The comedy was an asshole for making the joke, but still hilarious. Good job BDC, you brought us entertainment, but you still were an asshole to BK there. Its not hard to have it both ways. It just takes a bit of compartmentalizing. 

fair enough. 👍

3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Yea, I have walked around people trying to take group photo's before. You know, it is rude to just walk past people like that. 

I will walk around so long as there is no undue burden. However, if it is crowded and tough to walk around, I'm walking past. Not sorry. For instance, if we're out hiking and folks are trying to get a great shot with the waterfall behind, I may even offer to take the photo. On the other hand, if it's Disney World, I've got my kids, and it is PACKED--I'll make some effort to go around, but they should pick better spots.

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Bryson was needling Brooks in good fun.  Not sure why Brooks had such a nasty response.  Probably means he's not smart enough to dredge up a good comeback.

Picture that being Phil and Rickie.  Wholly different.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Did others speak to someone actively being interviewed?

Good point.👍

18 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Some network should create and televise the Rumble at Rancho (Park).  BK vs. BDC, golf gloves off...

Winner gets Jake Paul.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Absolutely I can. I enjoy the drama of it. I thought BK's reaction was hilarious. I can still call it a dick move. It's like dark humor. I can say it is 100% inappropriate, but still laugh about it because it still is funny. The comedy was an asshole for making the joke, but still hilarious. Good job BDC, you brought us entertainment, but you still were an asshole to BK there. Its not hard to have it both ways. 

This^

BK and BDC are now Ricky Bobby and Jean Girard.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The drama made me think about this video. BDC being the monkey, Brooks dog.

dog monkey GIF

• Funny 3

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Awesome! Good stuff.

Golf needs this. I am all for it. His face was priceless. He hates that dude Bryson. Ha ha. 

• Like 1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Meh. I'm in for all of it.

f*** the vanilla, boring-ass PGA Tour.

Give me drama. Pair them together repeatedly in first rounds. The USGA won't because of the traditional groupings for the defending champ, but c'mon! Someone, do it! The British? The tabloid people would love it!

It's interesting. It's gossip. It's shallow as hell, but golf has been whitewashed for so long already.

So you’re a fan of Poulter now?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!