IGNORED

2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, ChetlovesMer said:

I hope it comes down to Brooks and Bryson in the final pairing on Sunday. That's a must watch. 

I with you there, lol. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 hours ago, colin007 said:

I object to the "US" in the title of this thread.

We Open?

• Funny 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

32 minutes ago, Brock said:

A bigger and more critical objection would be including “Men’s” in the title. 

What would you prefer begetter person?

Edited by Birdieputt

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I don't know what you all are talking about.... Phil... come on?
Personally, I hope it comes down to Brooks and Bryson in the final pairing on Sunday. That's a must watch. 

That would be great, but hopefully it won't devolve into what we just saw on the KFC Tour qualifier a few days ago.  

Just to be safe, prohibit their respective fathers from caddying that day.

59 minutes ago, Brock said:

A bigger and more critical objection would be including “Men’s” in the title. 

This is worth noting:  the event isn't the "Men's Open," it's the "Open."  You don't have to be a man to attempt to qualify.  This isn't meant to disparage anyone who has attempted to qualify, but rather is to point out that it is open to all.

• Upvote 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• iacas changed the title to 2021 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Shindig said:

This is worth noting:  the event isn't the "Men's Open," it's the "Open."  You don't have to be a man to attempt to qualify.  This isn't meant to disparage anyone who has attempted to qualify, but rather is to point out that it is open to all.

That's why I removed "men's" from the title just now. I was about to post the same thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

43 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

He’s so dramatic. 

He is just setting the stage to complain if he gets caught up in a crowd rushing up the fairway like at the PGA.

• Funny 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

DJ (that's him right?) and Fleetwood hitting 3Ws out of greenside bunkers. I wonder who bought this up and why?

I'm gonna go with Finau winning at 1 over.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

7 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

DJ (that's him right?) and Fleetwood hitting 3Ws out of greenside bunkers. I wonder who bought this up and why?

For when they do a 14 club challenge: bunker edition? 😀

9 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

DJ

That’s Sergio though bro

The last thing I’d want is to have Bryson and BK paired on Sunday for the win. I certainly don’t want either of them to win. And it’s not like an MMA or boxing match. Just a couple of whiners who don’t like each other. I’d much rather see BK have a good lead then lose it spectacularly. I’d also like to see Finau finally win. Of course it’d be epic if Phil was leading on Sunday….but that’s not gonna happen. Spieth…another good one. But BK and Bryson? Meh.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

30 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

That’s Sergio though bro

Doh, it says right there in the post. It's the white outfit. I just assumed DJ.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

The last thing I’d want is to have Bryson and BK paired on Sunday for the win. I certainly don’t want either of them to win. And it’s not like an MMA or boxing match. Just a couple of whiners who don’t like each other. I’d much rather see BK have a good lead then lose it spectacularly. I’d also like to see Finau finally win. Of course it’d be epic if Phil was leading on Sunday….but that’s not gonna happen. Spieth…another good one. But BK and Bryson? Meh.

I could get behind Finau. But, if there was one I’d like to see win but won’t, it would be Harold Varner III - other than Phil, of course. 

16 hours ago, ncates00 said:

He’s so dramatic. 

In his defense, I’ve had two knee surgeries on my left knee. Certain motions can be very painful. I could walk flats and even up stairs without any pain or issue, but a moderate incline or downstairs was painful and even awkward. It felt like my muscles stopped working to protect the knee (which is technically correct). So you can crap on him for his demeanor and general snotty attitude, with which I would agree on, but give him some slack on the knee.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

17 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

In his defense, I’ve had two knee surgeries on my left knee. Certain motions can be very painful. I could walk flats and even up stairs without any pain or issue, but a moderate incline or downstairs was painful and even awkward. It felt like my muscles stopped working to protect the knee (which is technically correct). So you can crap on him for his demeanor and general snotty attitude, with which I would agree on, but give him some slack on the knee.

That's fair. I agree. 👍

1 minute ago, ncates00 said:

That's fair. I agree. 👍

He is acting like this though.

the office bj novak GIF

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!