IGNORED

Yes, Another New Gimmick Club!

I love "gimmick" clubs. I've read that the Alien Wedge is the world's best selling club of all time. I also know that "The Hammer" infomercial is the Worlds Greatest Infomercial of all time... okay maybe that's just my opinion. 

So, I was so excited to see another new "gimmick" club. This one makes all wedges obsolete. The All New Dune Wedge! 

My chipping has actually been pretty good this year in an otherwise not so great season in terms of my over-all play. 

I don't think I need one of these, even if it does work as advertised. But I do enjoy a good revolutionary club that makes other clubs obsolete. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

So, I was so excited to see another new "gimmick" club. This one makes all wedges obsolete. The All New Dune Wedge! 

I am amused at how he thinks we actually believe he is swinging this thing for the very first time in the video. Why don't they give it to a hacker who just finished his hot dog at the men's grille and see what his results are?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I like how the spokesman is trying to sound like he’s a skeptic. This stuff will have no end. But sure is entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

26 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

I am amused at how he thinks we actually believe he is swinging this thing for the very first time in the video. Why don't they give it to a hacker who just finished his hot dog at the men's grille and see what his results are?

Yeah, I know. 20-30 years ago he may have fooled us. Now that we know even reality shows are scripted, it's hard to fool us with that kind of thing anymore. 

25 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I like how the spokesman is trying to sound like he’s a skeptic. This stuff will have no end. But sure is entertaining.

That's what I love most about it. 
That and the Volkeys and Clevelands will soon be obsolete bit in the ad. I love when they claim that kind of thing. Because this is SOOOO REVOLUTIONARY!!!! ... Hmm.. it's a high lofted chipper. 

Anyway, I love gimmick clubs and love watching their advertisements. I don't buy them, but I'm always entertained. 

• Upvote 1

It’s a chipper. I love how these guys talk/write like they’re reinventing the wheel.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

It’s a chipper. I love how these guys talk/write like they’re reinventing the wheel.

But a chipper with 56° of loft. You can’t find one of those!!!! 

It actually reminds me of Bantam Golf’s E-Club type II Jigger from the late 1990s. The infomercial for this must be great.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Oh but no…this has Hybrid Synergy Weighting!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

10 hours ago, billchao said:

Oh no it isn't.  Most of the chippers are double sided clubs 🤣

High lofted chipper and they think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Will admit one thing though, these clubs are easy to use if you can't manipulate the existing clubs in your bag.  But they are all completely one dimensional in that you cannot open or close it use more or less loft or bounce

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

I gotta be honest....I LOVE my Cleveland smart sole C utility wedge!  It's been awesome!  I hit from lies close to the green to 150 yards out when I need a line drive under a tree... I love it!

Don't know much about this one though.  The commercial is stupid though..

19 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

Will admit one thing though, these clubs are easy to use

I’m not even sure that’s true. I’ve run the gimmick trail in the past and was fully capable of making a mess of what they claimed would be a ‘fix.’ I’ve shanked the F5 no hosel wedge. I can see skulling this wedge with no problem.

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

I can see skulling this wedge with no problem.

So can I. You still have to make a golf shot in order to get decent results. To me, it's just another low quality club that can be duplicated easily with existing clubs in the bag.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Oh but no…this has Hybrid Synergy Weighting!

Don't forget it has a big fat alignment line on it. ... Nobody has EVER thought of that before. 

• Funny 1

18 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Yeah, I know. 20-30 years ago he may have fooled us. Now that we know even reality shows are scripted, it's hard to fool us with that kind of thing anymore. 

I am amazed at how naïve I used to be even as a sole bread-winner, father or 4 in my mid 30's. The internet has changed the world. There is no going back...

12 hours ago, billchao said:

I am surprised that NASA wasn't involved somehow.

10 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

I am surprised that NASA wasn't involved somehow.

Shhhhh. It was.

I was waiting to see him try it out of a bunker. A bunch of guys in my league think nothing of trying to putt out of most bunkers  because they have no idea how to hit a sand shot with a wedge and either leave it in or blade it out. A high lofted hybrid/chipper could be just what the doctor ordered ;-).

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

43 minutes ago, Bob M said:

I was waiting to see him try it out of a bunker. A bunch of guys in my league think nothing of trying to putt out of most bunkers  because they have no idea how to hit a sand shot with a wedge and either leave it in or blade it out. A high lofted hybrid/chipper could be just what the doctor ordered ;-).

For a good lie in a bunker, possibly you can use this miracle club.  For any other lie, how are you going to get under the ball.  Imagine a fried egg situation.  This is why I dislike these gimmick clubs.

• Like 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball