IGNORED

When do You Play?

Bucki1968

When is you favorite time to play golf?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. When is you favorite time to play golf?

• I would rather play early.
    • I would rather play later in the day.
    • I really don't care when I play.

This past week-end we played golf early in the morning (first tee time) in order to play faster (which we were able to do). However, it was agreed that while we played faster, some in the group don't like playing that early for various reasons (too wet, couldn't get loose until the 4 or 5 hole, not awake etc.). I personally don't really give a sh*t other than I don't like getting up that early on a week-end. I would admit that I would rather play later because I don't like playing the wet conditions unless I'm doing it for a reason (tournament or $ game). What say you?

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I pretty much only play early. I haven't played an afternoon round of golf in years. I prefer the mornings for a lot of reasons:

1. I get finished and have the rest of the day for my family
  2. Cooler in the summer
  3. Pace of play is much better
  4. I am a morning person
  5. The idiots show up in the afternoons (at least they do at my course)

#5 may only be at my course, but it's pretty bad around here. About 2:00pm the party crowd show up. They get drunk, smash up carts, tear up the golf course, blare their music, etc. The course makes a lot of money off of them so I suppose it's a necessary evil, but It's just not my scene. 

In the summer I often go out late in the afternoon and play a few holes as practice once the course is close to empty.

• Thumbs Up 2

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Time of day is not important to me. However, work pushes most weekday play to the afternoon, and twilight prices tend to do the same throughout the week.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, NM Golf said:
  2. Cooler in the summer
  4. I am a morning person

At my home course, all these reasons, except #2, because it never gets that hot in my area. At a few other local courses with fewer idiots and better pace of play, I don't mind playing a little later in the day, if it aligns with what's happening with my wife and kids during the weekend.\

During the week, if I have time after work, I sometimes get in a few holes during twilight rates.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

It really just depends on who I am playing.

My old men's Association had tee times from 9 to 10 a.m. Saturday and Sunday, so that's when I'd play. A lot of those guys migrated to another Dayton course after Kittyhawk shut. I'll play with them two or three times a year. The downside to that is that it pretty much shoots the day otherwise.

The guys I play with at my new course like afternoons. I kind of like getting my work done in the morning, so when I hit the course I'm on my own time for the rest of the day.

I'd rather play during the week, early in the morning.    As stated previously, the pace of play is better and I have the rest of the day for other activities.

I usually don't play on the weekend because the party crowd is slow and loud.  It doesn't matter the course!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I like to get out and play early, however I do find its hard with a 8 am tee time to get out early enough to really do a proper pre-round warmup.   But it feels great to finish a round before noon. Usually though, just based on group of friends we don't start until 11am or so. and league night is 9 holes at 4.   

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

I like to go later in the day to let the early people clear the course, and I don’t typically play on weekends.

From min-June to the end of September I’ll go out about 1:30 – 2PM and walk the course. That time of year is sort of warm in Georgia and often I’ll have the place to myself. I just take lots of water.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

After waking up early for work during the weekdays, Id rather sleep in on the weekends and play in the later mornings or early afternoons. Does get quite annoying with the slow pace of play .

Later in the day. Because that's when the leaders go off. 😉

But I do like to play later in the day. Probably goes back to all the time I spent working at golf courses. Finishing up a shift and heading out for a late 9. There's just something special about wrapping up a great round, with a calmness taking over the course as the sun begins to set.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

I play when I can, prefer early on the weekend, but will play anytime. 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Early to avoid slow play.  Although that doesn't always work.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

On 5/2/2022 at 12:03 PM, NM Golf said:

I pretty much only play early. I haven't played an afternoon round of golf in years. I prefer the mornings for a lot of reasons:

2. Cooler in the summer
  4. I am a morning person

#5 may only be at my course, but it's pretty bad around here. About 2:00pm the party crowd show up. They get drunk, smash up carts, tear up the golf course, blare their music, etc. The course makes a lot of money off of them so I suppose it's a necessary evil, but It's just not my scene. 

In the summer I often go out late in the afternoon and play a few holes as practice once the course is close to empty.

This is pretty much the same for me. 

I normally wake up between 4:30 and 5 AM so, I don't mind the early round. 

Having said that. League Night is Wednesday and it's shotgun start at 5PM. 

AAANNNNDDD.... if somebody invites me to play I say "yes" when ever I can. Early, late, what ever. I just want to play. 

• Thumbs Up 2

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I voted early, but more like early-ish. While I do enjoy a twilight round every now and then (most of the time the afternoon round in a 36-hole day), there’s sometimes pressure to get all 18 in before sunset. 

When I have a choice as to when I play which is usually during the summer, I’d prefer if I can get off around 9:00, but any time before lunch is fine with me.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Most days it is mid-morning, just because my typical playing partner (my son) has to get his son off to school.   A lot of the time in the summer I like playing in the "heat of the day" as most are either finishing or they are waiting for the cool of the afternoon.  Many of the courses around here offer those reduced rate tee times as well to keep the people on the course.  There is something special about late in the day or early in the morning, especially during the spring and fall.  As long as I get an opportunity, I will get out there.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Around here the wobblers usually get tee times around 10.   If you want to beat the slow golf it has to be before 10.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I will play whenever, but prefer to be the last tee time of the day. I find I score a little better as my body is more awake, and it's also when my dad prefers to play. I'm not really a morning person, so if I go in the morning it's usually like 9 am. A majority of my rounds are only 9 and my home course does a good time of making the last tee time have enough time to finish 9.

When I do play 18 is when I will play in the morning. Due to family demands/schedules I can't block off 4-5 hours in the afternoon/evening. 

• D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck