IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

1 hour ago, Arizona said:

Last think I bought was last week. I bought a new Odyssey putter.  A big improvement in feel for me. 

What model Odyssey?

• Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5-gw cobra iron set LTDx no 69 oy sand clubs. But the price was right. 
69.00$a club

first one length set for me. 

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

5,6,7,8,9,pw,S,gap,60 cobra ltdx 

sabertooth putter

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Not so much a purchase in either case, but:

SkyTrak+ is the next generation of the first affordable indoor golf practice, play, and entertainment system powered by breakthrough commercial-quality launch monitor technology.

and

Purchase the Fully Loaded GCQuad Bundle, an advanced launch monitor that measures important ball and club data to help you improve your golf skills.

Looking forward to testing out the putting on the GC Quad, for example, to see if it can become a more mobile SAM or something. (The SAM is great but you can't easily set up new putts, move it around the putting green, etc.)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...

Just got fit for the Titleist T-150’s, standard length, 1 degree flat, Nippon modulus 105 stiff shafts, 1 soft step. Hope to have them in a couple weeks.

Also did a wedge fitting with my current set up, Vokey SM9’s, just went from standard to 2 degrees flat.

Was really surprised that the change in lie angle made such a dramatic change in my ball flight and distance from target line on the track man. 

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Selling my last blade putter (eBay). picked up a knock off spider putter. For my tournament bag. I have a winter bag ( seven clubs) , a weekly bag and a scramble / showroom bag. 
doing your own club work has its perks. lol. 😎

whats In the bag. 
Callaway epic max LS

Cobra Fmax 3,5 woods 

Titleist 4 hybrid 

5,6,7,8,9,pw,S,gap,60 cobra ltdx 

sabertooth putter

Was fit into the Cobra Aerojet LS 3wood and Aerojet 3H last fall but hadn't made the purchase yet, glad I waited because the new Darkspeed lineup looks so good and I much prefer the matte finish over gloss. 

Hit the Darkspeed LS last week on a launch monitor just to confirm the numbers would be similar to the Aerojet. They were, so I sold my old putter and traded in some old clubs to get the following:

Darkspeed LS 3wood 14.5 degree

Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 X-Stiff

Darkspeed 3 Hybrid 19 degree

Mitsubishi MMT 80 X-Stiff

10 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Just got fit for the Titleist T-150’s, standard length, 1 degree flat, Nippon modulus 105 stiff shafts, 1 soft step. Hope to have them in a couple weeks.

Also did a wedge fitting with my current set up, Vokey SM9’s, just went from standard to 2 degrees flat.

Was really surprised that the change in lie angle made such a dramatic change in my ball flight and distance from target line on the track man. 

I have no need for new irons but if I were in the market the T-150's would be at the top of my list. They look so good.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Snell Golf Magnetic Towel to replace the one I lost a while back, finally came back in stock.

New Shot Scope H4, to replace the one I lost. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

2 hours ago, snapfade said:

Snell Golf Magnetic Towel to replace the one I lost a while back, finally came back in stock.

New Shot Scope H4, to replace the one I lost. 

And you bought double-lined thermal fleece sub-zero golf pants for when it dips below 65. 🥶

• Funny 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

20 hours ago, boogielicious said:

And you bought double-lined thermal fleece sub-zero golf pants for when it dips below 65. 🥶

65? I'm staying in the house with the heat on whoop-ass. 

• Funny 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

Bougth the PRGR  launch monitor 3 weeks ago. Really good for speed training and for the course to get accurate ball speed numbers of every club to dial in real distances. 

Also fun to challenge your friends at the course to a max ball speed or club speed with driver. 

Callaway AI smoke driver. Just wish I had time to get out and hit it. 😒

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Got new wedges. Bought a set of 3 Lazrus wedges. At a 15 handicap I can no longer make the argument I need wedge that costs $149 or higher. $117 for the 3. I also bought 2 dozen Kirkland balls. Same logic. A dozen Cally chrome softs or 2 dozen for $27. I played the wedges and balls Sunday in a blustery 36 degrees. The real test won’t be until around April here on Long Island. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Bought last week a set of Ping i5 irons. They rock! They will replace another set I loved, Mizuno MX-23 irons.  Mizzys were tough to hit for me, although they are forgiving, for Mizzys. The Ping i5s I got because I decided to sell the G30 set I bought for a song.  The G30s were stupid easy to hit, but if I kept them I'd lose a huge profit margin. Turns out the i5s are just as solid a GI, plus they have smaller heads, harrower sole and profile and less offset, so I feel more respectable, lol.  

WIMB
TaylorMade Burner driver 10.5* REAX Reg
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX Reg
Mizuno MX-23 4-PW Reg Steel
Mizuno MP Series forged wedges 52, 56, 60
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot Rossie 36" --  Ball: Snell MTB Black

Saturday picked up 2 SM9s 52,56 with KBS Tour lite shafts, my elbow appreciates it. Used them Sunday, no issues. 

New Titleist irons are out for delivery today. 2021 T-300's with KBS Tour Lite shafts. Had these with a heavier shaft a while back sold them, missed them, tried these and promptly ordered. Once again I have ended my relationship with Wilson Staff. 

Footjoy Hyperflex BOA's first time with these, we will see how they do this afternoon.

ShotScope arrived the other day!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Received my Snell Golf Magnetic Towel yesterday, forgot to mention that. 

Titleist irons were fine.

FootJoy BOA shoes were garbage, sending back. Couldn't get them snug enough and felt loose the whole round. Note: Played in 30MPH winds yesterday. Pushing a cart into a 30mph headwind was fun. lol  

It felt good to have the Shot Scope back by my side. I felt naked the last 2 weeks or so. 

Edited by snapfade
insert shot scope

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the Stack & PRGR Bundle.  Received the PRGR Launch monitor yesterday and the Stack is scheduled to arrive sometime today.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)