IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

At my level, mid to high 70's, I doubt that it matters a lot. Perhaps for anyone?? The triangular, 3 prong head does look like it minimizes contact. It's a cheap investment, and by using white shorts and pink longs, I have consistency when looking for my tee. It keeps my routine familiar, simple, consistent.

2 doz Srixon Z-star

Srixon staff bag

Ping Cushin

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

• 1 month later...

I had a $50 trade-in credit to play with at a popular online golf emporium for new & used equipment, so for kicks I thought I'd look for a cheap set of irons that would give me the chance to try graphite shafts (again) or maybe with some luck a chance to try forged heads.  Well I got super lucky and now have a chance to experience both in the form of Mizuno T-Zoid Comp EZ (3-PW), that come with "UST Palmer" graphite shafts in firm flex.  Hopefully they are as sweet as they sound and in playable condition because the price on them was only about $65 before trade and with free shipping!  Beautiful design on these.  Now we wait...

I had a $50 trade-in credit to play with at a popular online golf emporium for new & used equipment, so for kicks I thought I'd look for a cheap set of irons that would give me the chance to try graphite shafts (again) or maybe with some luck a chance to try forged heads.  Well I got super lucky and now have a chance to experience both in the form of Mizuno T-Zoid Comp EZ (3-PW), that come with "UST Palmer" graphite shafts in firm flex.  Hopefully they are as sweet as they sound and in playable condition because the price on them was only about $65 before trade and with free shipping!  Beautiful design on these.  Now we wait...

My Son has a set of T-Zoid's...I can tell you, they are easy to hit, and for an older club, have good distance. His do have DG S300 shafts.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I bought the Ping B60 putter off ebay, and the Loudmouth oversized grip on ebay as well. I like a little flash in my putter and these grips give it to me. I also like the nice magnetic ball marker on the grip end that stays in place well, but easy access.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Received my skycaddie touch almost 8 months after I ordered it last week. Hope it was all worth the wait.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Just bought a nice TaylorMade RBZ stage 2, 22 degree hybid from our friends at Global Golf. Got a deal on shipping for .11 cents, and got 10% off the price. Also my Son just bought 3 clubs from them last week..Support our sponsors.. :-D

Have a Nike VRS 24 degree hybrid on the way. Trying to snipe some 1150s for my irons now.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Going in today for a Mizuno fitting 5i-PW.  The MP-53's were great and I improved dramatically in the last two years, but every time I demo the 64's or the 15's they just hit and feel that much better and I seem to get more yardage too - the 64's are ridiculously longer and I don't know why - but it makes me wonder that a good fitting will be a big deal.

The 64's are on clearance (so if the set matches my swing, I could get the 3 and 4i for no extra), but the 15's feel better to me - tough call.  Looking forward to the shaft selection discussion, I'd like to keep learning more.  I'm pretty much standard length and lie and loft I think.  A couple years ago the fitting on the 53's was crappy at best - ("hit this, hit that, which is better?")  This time I have an acquaintance that knows a bit more doing fitting and has time to walk me through all the considerations......

higher spin wedges is next on the list, but I have plenty of time for that

Bill - 

I bought a dozen pro v1's for £38. After walking out the shop, I turned around, went back in and asked about the simulator/launch monitor at the pro shop (only out of interest as I've never been on one).  They said its £40 for an hour, but you also get a £40 voucher as well! I wish I had asked about it first! You live and learn. Needless to say, every time I want to buy a dozen pro v1's I'm going to have a blast in the launch monitor as well!

Rob - London, England

:nike: VRS Covert Tour 2.0 Driver

:nike: VRS Covert Tour 2.0 3 Hybrid

:nike: VRS Forged Irons

:titleist: Pro V1

I bought a dozen pro v1's for £38. After walking out the shop, I turned around, went back in and asked about the simulator/launch monitor at the pro shop (only out of interest as I've never been on one).  They said its £40 for an hour, but you also get a £40 voucher as well! I wish I had asked about it first! You live and learn. Needless to say, every time I want to buy a dozen pro v1's I'm going to have a blast in the launch monitor as well!

That's a great deal on the sim, I would take full advantage every time I'm shopping.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

So if you buy a dozen prov's you get an hour on the sim? Closest sim to me charges more than the price of prov's for an hour.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Blackwidow Widowmaker Black/Black grips for my irons.

Driver: Adams TightLies Titanium High Launch Max COR (10.5°) R Flex Graphite SuperShaft Lightweight Mid Kickpoint, GolfPride Multicompound Grip

Fairway Wood: Ping G20 4-Wood (16.5°), R Flex Ping TFC 169F Shaft, Ping ID8 Grip | Hybrid: Ping G25 (23°), Ping TFC 189H Shaft, GolfPride Tour Velvet Grip

Irons: Cleveland TA-5 Gunmetal R Flex True Temper Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Black Grips: 5-I (27°) 6-I (30°), 7-I (33.5°), 8-I (37°), 9-I (41°), PW (45°)

Wedges: Cleveland Tour Action REG 588 Gunmetal Dynamic Gold Sensicore Shafts, BlackWidow Widowmaker Black/Red Grips: 51°/6, 57°/10, LW 64°/8

Putter: Carbite Polar Balanced DC, Tiger Shark Oversized Grip 31"

Just picked up a Titleist H15 hybrid and some Velocity balls that were on sale.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

I probably would not have bought one of these but it was given to me so I will give it a try...in about six months.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

I picked up some Titleist BV spin milled 52 & 56 degree wedges last night.  Probably will have to wait a few months before getting them out on the course.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX