IGNORED

Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?

I just got a sweet new set of irons. Callaway X forged CB 4-PW. Absolutely love them. Yeah, yeah..pics are coming.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, High Draw said:

Stealth driver. Probably won't be seeing it for a good while yet by the sounds of it.

Cool. 
I'm curious. Were you able to hit it first? If so, where? Did you get fitted? 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Cool. 
I'm curious. Were you able to hit it first? If so, where? Did you get fitted? 

Id planned on getting a fitting.

However when I looked through the shafts/specs there was only one that suited me from previous history. I think this setup will give me a lot of confidence.

I felt that even if i did get a fitting with all the other shafts, I wasn't prepared to pay extra for an upgraded shaft anyway. Given how expensive this driver is already.

There was also a couple of other little reasons I ordered without a fitting. Everything weighed up and it was a no brainer really. That was a month ago, and I don't have buyers regret yet, so that's a positive thing 😅

Edited by High Draw

33 minutes ago, High Draw said:

However when I looked through the shafts/specs there was only one that suited me from previous history. I think this setup will give me a lot of confidence.

I felt that even if i did get a fitting with all the other shafts, I wasn't prepared to pay extra for an upgraded shaft anyway. Given how expensive this driver is already.

There was also a couple of other little reasons I ordered without a fitting. Everything weighed up and it was a no brainer really. That was a month ago, and I don't have buyers regret yet, so that's a positive thing 😅

Keep us posted and add an avatar when you have a chance.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Epic Max Heaven wood with a 50 gm Cypher 5.0 shaft. My Epic Max Driver has the 40 gm Cypher. 

• Clubs: Ping, Edison, Maltby, Callaway, SeeMore
  • Other: Maxfli Tour or Vice Pro; Callaway ORG 7 bag; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear 

1 hour ago, High Draw said:

Cool, again.

BTW - Can I ask which shaft you chose? 

Every year all the new drivers come out and they are all slick like elephant snot. If I was infinitely wealthy I'd buy two or three every year. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Where to start.  

new irons, new grips, new driver, golf polo, golf hoodie and  new pair of Trues. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

10 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Cool, again.

BTW - Can I ask which shaft you chose? 

Every year all the new drivers come out and they are all slick like elephant snot. If I was infinitely wealthy I'd buy two or three every year. 

The Ventus Red mate.

Yeah very expensive these days. Luckily I am very picky, otherwise I'd be broke.

• 4 months later...
  • iacas changed the title to Last (Golf) Thing You Bought?
  • 2 weeks later...

last week, some kirkland wedges, and kirkland golf balls 

Cobra Radspeed 3 wood...  and got the rest of my clubs fitted with Winn Dri-tec grips,  so all of my clubs have the same grips.   

It is what it is

TaylorMade Sim Driver 8* with Tensi 60g stiff shaft

It originally started as a M5 driver 12*  with the Tensi 60g stiff shaft..     

It is what it is

As of right now, Shot Scope H4.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Anyone else in the midst of a Golf kick right now.

I mean I can't get enough of it at the moment.

Finally ordered a copy of Lowest Score Wins last week and thought I should really head back over to thesandtrap.com and start arguing about shit I am not qualified to argue about.

:whistle:

29 minutes ago, jshots said:

Anyone else in the midst of a Golf kick right now.

I mean I can't get enough of it at the moment.

Finally ordered a copy of Lowest Score Wins last week and thought I should really head back over to thesandtrap.com and start arguing about shit I am not qualified to argue about.

You won't regret reading Lowest Score Wins.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
4 hours ago, jshots said:

thought I should really head back over to thesandtrap.com and start arguing about shit I am not qualified to argue about.

All good here. 😉

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets