IGNORED

Anthony Kim Plotting Return?

iacas

On 1/27/2024 at 5:59 PM, JetFan1983 said:

If LIV starts to outperform One Tree Hill reruns in the ratings, I'll consider it 😄

This is the best comment I have seen in a long while. 

On 3/1/2024 at 2:11 PM, iacas said:

Who knows? I had forgotten about Bubba entirely until I saw his name just one spot ahead of AK in DFL.

Bubba who?

• Funny 1

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 3/4/2024 at 3:48 AM, Archie Bunker said:

Perhaps his disability insurance checks were beginning to run out, and he needed the money. Wonder how much LIV paid for him just to show up and get paid for the appearance? 

The rumour is his insurance cheques were 10 million a year and that is what is guaranteed to him by LIV.  Any prize money he wins is extra I guess.

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Not bad, Final round of his second tournament and AK shoots 7 birdies and 2 bogeys to be 5 under.  I guess the game is still there underneath the rust and supposedly decade long party.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

On 3/5/2024 at 3:44 PM, pganapathy said:

The rumour is his insurance cheques were 10 million a year and that is what is guaranteed to him by LIV.  Any prize money he wins is extra I guess.

The insurance was estimated at between 10-20million, but Alan Shipnuck from SI, who was doing a story on him, was told it was 10million tax free. Whatever it was it was not per year, it was in total. There was somebody in a story claiming to be a friend that said it was pushing 20 million, who knows?

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Read about this interview with Feherty. Bro seems like he has been through a wringer mentally and physically and could have ended up in a baaaad place (apparently he was already half way there) were it not for a miraculous turnaround. And now there is a wife and a baby and some wisdom and even god in his life. I am feeling oddly sympathetic for the dude. 

Edited by GolfLug
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Vishal S.

(edited)
3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Read about this interview with Feherty. Bro seems like he has been through a wringer mentally and physically and could have ended up in a baaaad place (apparently he was already half way there) were it not for a miraculous turnaround. And now there is a wife and a baby and some wisdom and even god in his life. I am feeling oddly sympathetic for the dude. 

Damn, he had a spinal fusion too. I always wondered how he was able to barely turn his hips in the backswing, and I guess the answer is he can't. He still swings with barely any hip turn. I hope he gets that memo asap. 

I tried to watch the interview on LIV's horrible website but they demanded my email account. I guess I'll just wait until it's posted to YouTube. 

Edited by JetFan1983
  • Thumbs Up 1

Constantine

(edited)
4 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Damn, he had a spinal fusion too. I always wondered how he was able to barely turn his hips in the backswing, and I guess the answer is he can't. He still swings with barely any hip turn. I hope he gets that memo asap. 

I tried to watch the interview on LIV's horrible website but they demanded my email account. I guess I'll just wait until it's posted to YouTube. 

I think one or even two fusions allow decent mobility. He is still very fluid through impact. I am sure hand eye co-ordination is not as pure. Maybe it will come back. At sub 40 prolly still in his neurological prime. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

15 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

I think one or even two fusions allow decent mobility. He is still very fluid through impact. I am sure hand eye co-ordination is not as pure. Maybe it will come back. At sub 40 prolly still in his neurological prime. 

He definitely still has freaky mobility if he can still make that backswing post-back fusion. And it might be the camera angle, but it appears as if he doesn't turn his hips as much on the downswing as he did back in the day. Maybe that's the fusion at work there.

Regardless, he still moves incredibly well despite all the traumas he's gone thru. I'm rooting for him. 

Constantine

I'll see him Saturday in Miami. Free admission for veterans. I want to see what all of the fuss is about. 

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

9 hours ago, snapfade said:

I'll see him Saturday in Miami. Free admission for veterans. I want to see what all of the fuss is about. 

Don’t get caught up in one of them there flash mob thingies. I hear they’re contagious.

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Don’t get caught up in one of them there flash mob thingies. I hear they’re contagious.

It's Miami, I'm flash mob ready. I'll be wearing my Speedo and gold chains. LOL

• Funny 2

1 minute ago, snapfade said:

It's Miami, I'm flash mob ready. I'll be wearing my Speedo and gold chains. LOL

Please NO PHOTOS…Indo not want that image of you in a Speedo etched into my brain.

• Funny 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

1 minute ago, StuM said:

Please NO PHOTOS…Indo not want that image of you in a Speedo etched into my brain.

On a serious note, my FOTB Italian neighbor mows his lawn in a speedo and flip flops using only a weed eater. He's an older gentleman and its an image that is burned into everyone in the neighborhoods mind. A kid was out there one day filming him with a tablet. I love Florida.  

• Funny 1