IGNORED

New Golf Grips. Talk to Me

38 minutes ago, Richard Patterson said:

So the Pure grips are great? Do they get slippery in humid or wet weather? Why were they discontinued?

Quite a few members here have purchased them and when they announced they were going out of business, purchased backup sets.   From what I've read about them they are easy to put on and take off with air.   I have not tried all of the variations so I can't comment on their feel other than to say that they are/were popular.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

46 minutes ago, Richard Patterson said:

So the Pure grips are great? Do they get slippery in humid or wet weather? Why were they discontinued?

I've not had a chance to use them very long but I do like them quite a bit. I've only used the Wraps and the DTX.
The Wraps have a nice rubbery feel with a good amount of tack, logo kinda gets in the way of my thumb, I forgot to ask to have them installed with logo down. But that's my only gripe.
The DTX are my favorite that I've tried, they have the most texture of any grip I've felt and may not be for everyone because of that but I love the feel.
The word is that they were built using quality materials causing them to last quite a long time. I've heard some say this was the company's downfall, making them too good but I don't know how true that is. You can still find lots of them on ebay.

Novice golfer seeking to learn and improve.

I love my Pure grips and they work great in all conditions. I don't know if they announced the reason they shut down, but being a small company it's difficult to compete with the big names. Covid might have had something to do with it too. Another reason could be that their grips last so long, existing customers didn't need to buy new grips very often.

I read that the guy that started Pure came from Star Grips, which are still in business. Some people prefer Pure, some Star. Might be something to consider.

Star Grip is a premium high performance golf grip made in the USA, using the highest quality materials and advanced manufacturing techniques for the tightest possible tolerances. All of our grips carry an unrivaled 3-year...

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

On 5/14/2024 at 7:22 PM, Carl3 said:

Best grip I have played. The upper part is rougher as it is in contact with your glove. Very durable

image.png

These are a great grip, played with them for years, although I just switched to the Golf Pride CPX, which I really like as well.

CPX

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

6 hours ago, Richard Patterson said:

So the Pure grips are great? Do they get slippery in humid or wet weather?

I use the DTX, which I have found to be far superior to the Pros when wet. I didn't like the Pros at all when they got wet and stopped getting Pure grips for a bit until they came out with the DTX. I still wear rain gloves when it's raining but I play golf all summer with no gloves and have no problems with them. @boogielicious uses them, too, and he soaks through his gloves when it's 55°F out.

6 hours ago, Richard Patterson said:

Why were they discontinued?

They went out of business. A lot of us like to say that the grips are so good and lasted so long that they couldn't sustain the business selling a wear and tear item. It probably doesn't help that they didn't get as much exposure as some of the other companies out there.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, billchao said:

I use the DTX, which I have found to be far superior to the Pros when wet. I didn't like the Pros at all when they got wet and stopped getting Pure grips for a bit until they came out with the DTX. I still wear rain gloves when it's raining but I play golf all summer with no gloves and have no problems with them. @boogielicious uses them, too, and he soaks through his gloves when it's 55°F out.

This.

Midsize DTX for me. 
Bill and I may not agree on whether or not to wear a white belt. But we are in total alignment when it comes to grips. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

5 hours ago, billchao said:

They went out of business. A lot of us like to say that the grips are so good and lasted so long that they couldn't sustain the business selling a wear and tear item. It probably doesn't help that they didn't get as much exposure as some of the other companies out there.

The DTX are well worth it. Better than the Golf Pride MCC in humid or wet weather too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

For anyone in Europe, it seems they still got grips in stock here: 

I may just order some myself. Having used only the Pure Pros I'm tempted to order DTX.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2024 at 4:37 PM, DaveP043 said:

I'm a little late here, but I've been using Iomic grips for 12 or 15 years.  The last a long time, and stay really "grippy" for their entire life.  I prefer the X-Evolution, the texturing feels right to me.

I am actually thinking about trying some of these.  I need something more tacky than my multi compound and had these suggested. I'm a sweater... I might try something a little softer than the multi compound as well.

• Like 1

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

6 minutes ago, TN94z said:

I am actually thinking about trying some of these.  I need something more tacky than my multi compound and had these suggested. I'm a sweater... I might try something a little softer than the multi compound as well.

Let us know how it goes, good or bad.  I've had really good performance from mine, even in the rain (with rain gloves).  But grips are a lot personal preference, what works for me may not be quite right for you.  Good luck! 

• Like 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

On 5/28/2024 at 3:42 PM, Richard Patterson said:

their performance in humid or wet weather can be a concern for some players. Generally, Pure Grips were designed to maintain their tackiness even in less-than-ideal conditions, but the level of slipperiness can vary depending on individual preferences and how well the grips are maintained (cleaning and care)

1 hour ago, gillrich said:

their performance in humid or wet weather can be a concern for some players

That’s my experience with the Pure Pros, but not so with the DTX. It’s been quite humid lately and I’ve had no issues. On Saturday it was raining on and off; I didn’t even put on my rain gloves and they were fine. I don’t wear gloves while playing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, billchao said:

That’s my experience with the Pure Pros, but not so with the DTX. It’s been quite humid lately and I’ve had no issues. On Saturday it was raining on and off; I didn’t even put on my rain gloves and they were fine. I don’t wear gloves while playing.

Yeah the DTX is where it's at. I cut off the brand new ND Multi Compound grips that my irons came with to put on 4 year old PUREs because of how awesome they are

• Thumbs Up 1

Colin P.