IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Of course there is one thing worse then playing behind this guy and that's playing with him. Knowing the whole world is waiting behind you watching with eyes full of hate.

Definitely this. Some of the most embarrassing moments I've had are the result of a pairing with random slow guys.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

People who pick up golf balls they think are not in play.

I've had to replace my ball a few times when people from another group decide to try to steal it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

When my playing mates get "down in the dumps" when not playing well.  Drags the whole group's energy down and reallllly grinds my gears

Second only to slow play for me too. We're not good enough to get that upset by a bad stroke/hole/round....! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

What's worse than a slow group ahead, is playing with slow players in my group.  It's hard for me to be 'fun' and polite in that situation. And... I don't like it when players take mulligans.

If it's friends who are playing slowly, I let them know, politeness be damned. It's strangers where politeness becomes more of an issue for me.

-Rich

All right guys. I get that temper tantrums are a problem, but how to you expect anyone to be happy about sucking? Obviously loud swearing, club throwing and the like aren't acceptable. Are you guys expecting me to grin when I hit OB for the third time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddleMeThis View Post

When my playing mates get "down in the dumps" when not playing well.  Drags the whole group's energy down and reallllly grinds my gears

All right guys. I get that temper tantrums are a problem, but how to you expect anyone to be happy about sucking? Obviously loud swearing, club throwing and the like aren't acceptable. Are you guys expecting me to grin when I hit OB for the third time?

It's a game. One that most of us aren't even all that good at. No need to be happy about a bad shot or bad round, but please don't get so overtly upset that you affect the mood of the guys you're out there to have fun with too. I can be unhappy with my round, but still be happy to be out playing golf with my buddies. I do admit though, there is the rare day when I really wished that I threw golf clubs! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I particularly hate it when my partner will say something along the lines of "good shot, perfect" when it's fading into the tree line... -.-

What I hate is when I know I didn't make my usual good shot but it looks ok and they always holler "good shot!" My usual shot shape is a baby draw, but once in a while a fade comes out. And they yell good shot, when I know it was a bad shot because I never intentionally fade a ball.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

If it's friends who are playing slowly, I let them know, politeness be damned. It's strangers where politeness becomes more of an issue for me.

Even with strangers, I will let them know that we are behind. I'll say something like "we need to catch up to the group in front" or "I think we need to pick up the pace a little". If they don't like it, well I can't do anything about it.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

"you hit that good"!

It is well!

You hit that WELL!!!!!

Second is people who spit on the green.

My ball might roll through that. I have to pick my ball up. I dont want your DNA on my ball!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

People who take like 10 practice swings before every shot, the worst part about it is that its usually people who aren't that good who do it so they take their practice shots and then precede to roll it 10', and then we start the agony all over again.

Don/t just pick up a golf ball that is in play!!

Happened to me again yesterday. I hit a decent drive on the 18th hole and it rolled out into the first cut of rough. I could see it from the tee so I knew exactly where it was. Some guy came from the adjacent first hole, walked up to my ball, picked a club and was getting ready to hit my ball. My caddie, who was forecaddying, yelled to the guy that it wasn't his ball. He stopped. looked down AND PICKEDTHE  BALL UP TO LOOK AT IT!!! WTF?

It wasn't in deep rough and it was easily identifiable by my markings. Dude, don't pick up that golf ball!!

Bill M

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiddleMeThis

All right guys. I get that temper tantrums are a problem, but how to you expect anyone to be happy about sucking?

Obviously loud swearing, club throwing and the like aren't acceptable. Are you guys expecting me to grin when I hit OB for the third time?

A wry grin is just about the only possible reaction after that.  Even when I was younger and took myself and my game too seriously, I would just smile and shake my head at something like that.

All I can say about it is that sometimes life sucks..... and then there's golf. ;-)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Are you guys expecting me to grin when I hit OB for the third time?

That's my cue to move to the green and prepare to tend the flag for my playing partners. Oh, and its also time to look for the beverage cart.  I get mad at the first one, shake it off and get mildly irritated at the second, and just laugh at the third.  Come to think of it, the only time I ever get to the third tee shot is in a stroke-play tournament, and if I'm lying 6 and still on the tee, my chances are gone anyway, its time to just enjoy the day with my friends.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

People who take like 10 practice swings before every shot, the worst part about it is that its usually people who aren't that good who do it so they take their practice shots and then precede to roll it 10', and then we start the agony all over again.

This is one of the hardest habits to get a beginner to break, that 103 was actually a 274 when it's all said and done but they can retrain themselves  on the range.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

New peeves for me

• the guy that lines up his shot, takes 4 or 5 practice swings, relines up his shot, another 2 practices swings, finally addresses the ball and hits a bad shot and then claims it was a bad shot because he was rushing. :doh:
  • Guy who waits for the green to clear on a shot he couldn't reach the green on if his life depended on it.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 2533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!