IGNORED

Favorite TV Show(s)

cignatz21

• Administrator

Really liked last nights Blacklist.

It struck me as a bit… forced. Already they're resorting to this whole "attack on the compound" thing? And seriously, people just run into hallways so they can get shot? And the commander will let countless agents be killed just so they don't kill Red?

I dunno. It seemed like the kinds of things shows struggling to retain their audiences in season three have to do… but it was fine. I've liked the others more. The ones where he's actually fulfilling the premise of the show.

And now that I type that, how will this not completely "out" him to everyone of his associates, and everyone he's ever known? That he's been turned, basically?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It struck me as a bit… forced. Already they're resorting to this whole "attack on the compound" thing? And seriously, people just run into hallways so they can get shot? And the commander will let countless agents be killed just so they don't kill Red?

I dunno. It seemed like the kinds of things shows struggling to retain their audiences in season three have to do… but it was fine. I've liked the others more. The ones where he's actually fulfilling the premise of the show.

And now that I type that, how will this not completely "out" him to everyone of his associates, and everyone he's ever known? That he's been turned, basically?

First bold part:  Yes, that was totally the opposite of every "good guy" in every movie ever.  What the hell?

Second bold part:  Good point ... now is it going to turn into a week by week "WHos coming to try and kill him now?" show, or are they going to wrap this one up, conveniently forget it, and then pretend like it never happened and go back to business as usual?

-----------------------------

Didn't watch this weeks Castle yet, but loved last weeks.  They always manage to find ways to fool me.  Even though their mysteries are always so off-the-wall absurd, I still can never figure them out very easily.  The zombie one from a couple of seasons ago comes to mind, the time travel one earlier this year, and last weeks doppelganger episode especially.

• Administrator

Didn't watch this weeks Castle yet, but loved last weeks.  They always manage to find ways to fool me.  Even though their mysteries are always so off-the-wall absurd, I still can never figure them out very easily.  The zombie one from a couple of seasons ago comes to mind, the time travel one earlier this year, and last weeks doppelganger episode especially.

Last night's was good. Kate and … Richard discussed having a kid of their own. Which I found kind of creepy. They're pretty old. :P

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Been watching Almost Human on Fox (they seem to require at least one sci-fi show at all times, which is fine by me).

It's funny that in whatever year this is, we have totally human-like bots, flying cars, and so on, but we still have to hold a giant phone to our head.

Hey look, it's the iPhone 174s!

P.S. Android has morphed into the robots. There are still 197 different versions, only 2% of which support the latest software updates. BTLE support is still planned to be supported in the next generation…

The Blacklist lost me after about four episodes. I just got sick of "this guy is the most dangerous blacklister yet" angle every episode. They are drawing some things out too much as well, and I just can't see how they will make the show work long term. Too bad because I really liked Spader in the show at first.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

The Blacklist lost me after about four episodes. I just got sick of "this guy is the most dangerous blacklister yet" angle every episode. They are drawing some things out too much as well, and I just can't see how they will make the show work long term. Too bad because I really liked Spader in the show at first.

Yeah, thats true too.  Man, you and Erik really don't want me to watch this show anymore, do you? :cry::-P:beer:

• Administrator

Yeah, thats true too.  Man, you and Erik really don't want me to watch this show anymore, do you?

More show for me that way.

Oh, that's not how it works?

Yeah, thats true too.  Man, you and Erik really don't want me to watch this show anymore, do you?

No, keep watching and let me know if it gets good again... ;-)

Nate

It depends on moods, but generally if NCIS or NCIS/LA are on, new or rerun, I will be watching. Also like History Channel, House, in comedies I am drawn to Raymond, Seinfeld, Frazier (Great one), watched Modern Family, the Gay men are hillarious, reminds me of the Bird Cage....Westerns, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Palladin, does anyone remember that one or one of the leads in this show says, "Hey, Cicsco.....then he would reply "Hey, P_____!!! Could go on and on, House, 24, so many more...

Can't stop thinking about this episode of Black Mirror. Chilling. Think if you had Google Glass built-in you with infinite capacity.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

What about......

Sons of Anarchy -- Holy crap last week was good.  Some of it was of the "its about time" variety, but other parts were shocking.  This season has really picked up and I was very disappointed that they skipped this week

Boardwalk Empire -- I think this season is really good.  The story line with Ron Livingston and the redhead was dreadfully uninteresting until the big twist.  Very sad to see the half faced man go, but willingness to kill him and jimmy are the sort of thing that keeps shows like this alive.

Masters of Sex -- I thought it was really interesting in the beginning.  The parts about discovering the science of sex in a world where doing so is very taboo was new and interesting.  The doctor sleeping with his assistant makes it a clone of every other show on television.  Walking Dead is the only show I can think of that doesn't have adultery as a main theme.

Hello Ladies -- I gave it a shot, but its just too uncomfortable and predictable.  Every show is the same thing...he tries to get with a model, makes a fool of himself, and fails.  The episode with the hot tub party was just too much for me.  That's about when I gave it up.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Hello Ladies -- I gave it a shot, but its just too uncomfortable and predictable.  Every show is the same thing...he tries to get with a model, makes a fool of himself, and fails.  The episode with the hot tub party was just too much for me.  That's about when I gave it up.

I actually kinda enjoyed the season, but when you put it like that ... you're probably right. Very cringe-y show.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Hate to say it, but I'm actually kind of enjoying the Walking Dead this season. I know I complain about the plot and dialogue constantly, but this year has been a lot of fun. I'm loving the Governor -- err -- I mean "Brian," right now. That guy is out of his mind, and it's very entertaining. I definitely don't want to go to the range anytime soon with him :-P

Haha, actually, I wouldn't mind if they made "Brian" the main character and got rid of Rick and his gang... that'd be a good show, I think. :-D The Gov' is easily the strongest character IMO.

Constantine

One of my new guilty pleasures is "Don't trust the Bitch in Apartment 23" Good stuff.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

One of my new guilty pleasures is "Don't trust the Bitch in Apartment 23"

Good stuff.

Trailer Park Boys?

Nate

Trailer Park Boys?

Nope, this:

Freakin' hilarious!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Nope, this:

Freakin' hilarious!

I will have to check it out sometime.  I just started watching TPB and it has some pretty funny s**t in it.

Nate